My ideas for halo wars 2.

OrangeSpartan

Ive come up with some ideas for if there will be a halo wars 2.

1. a phantom that you can train and use like an elephant but for the covenant.

2. If you trained a spartan he would spawn with a AR. if you selected him you could be able to have them hold a spartan laser, chain gun or a sniper rifle and there was not one that was the best. of course it would take supplies to give them a certain weapon.

3. being able to train falcons. you will be able to upgrade the gunner turrets to grenade turrets.

4. Because if they make halo wars 2 they will make it after halo 4, they should replace the cyclops with the mantis! :D

Thats all i can think of right now but post what you want to see in halo wars 2 here! :D

You realize that with the new Halo trilogy for them to work on Halo wars is going to be in their back pocket for a while. I don't think 343 is big enough ATM to support two working titles at once, and microsoft is going to keep them on the cash cow rather than working halo wars.

So it might be a while.

Halo Wars 2 My Wishlist

1. Replace Flamethrower Troops with Snipers, by the time a Flamethrower Troop unit got within range of a Jackal unit with the Beam Rifle upgrade.... actually, they didn't reach them. Simaler to Jackal units, there are two, and they start with BRs and upgrade to Sniper Rifles.
  2. Rhino's as usuable, skirmish units.
  3. Spartans should be able to equiped with whatever you want, but you can upgrade their weapon teirs so you can equip better weapons as you level up the teir e.g. teir 1: BR: longer range, less DAM/SEC, AR: Shorter range, more DAM/SEC and Dual SMGs: even less range, even more DAM/SEC. And when a Sartan commandeers a vechicle, you should be able to remove him from the vechicle (if you made the vechicle returns to normal DAM/HEALTH output, if it was captured it is desrtoyed).
  4. Falcons suck, use Hornets again
  5. Warthog comes with a turret standard, its fist upgrade changes to a damage upgrade for ram and less recoil damage.
  6. Mongoose with rocketeer is the new basic UNSC scout, upgradable to spartan laser.
  7. Revenants as part as the Covenant armada.
  8. Locusts move faster, but do less damage, or have less range, not both, probably the latter.
  9. Banshees were to weak, make them stronger.
  10. Add Promeateans as a playable faction, replacing the Prophets.
  11. Add a faction led by the Halo 3 Arbeiter as good guys, so he uses Elites, but also Mrines equipped with Covenant weaponary. His equivelent to Spartans would be the 'Paladin Elites' that work like the Spartans, but with Covenant weapons.
  12. Make Wraiths a bit stronger.
  13. Make the Base Defence Tuurets ALOT stronger.
  14. Increase the maximum unit cap for all factions, allowing for much bigger battles.
  15. Make a Multi-Team mode (If not all ready done, i don't know).
  16. Make the player alerts alot fairer and more accurate.
  17. Include the IWHBYD Skull.
  18. Make the timeline with even more content.
  19. Theatre mode should capture matches this time.
  20. Include The Prowler, Spectre, Phantom, Pelican and Spirit as consructable units for their resective factions.
  21. Include the old UNSC Leader Powers, but completely change the Arbeiter, Covenant and Brute Cheiftan Leader Powers, giving the Arbeiter the Glassing Beam, as we don't know the full extent of the Prometheans powers we can't really suggest one.
  22. Make Scarabs less OP.
  23. Make Vultures Stronger.
  24. Make even bigger maps and make even bigger matchmaking games, with perhaps 5v5.

These are all my wishes for a Halo Wars 2.

Will it be made?

We can only hope.

• Like 1

You realize that with the new Halo trilogy for them to work on Halo wars is going to be in their back pocket for a while. I don't think 343 is big enough ATM to support two working titles at once, and microsoft is going to keep them on the cash cow rather than working halo wars.

So it might be a while.

You bring up a very good point.

Plus some people who play halo only like it because of the FPS, not halo wars. :(

What i would like is:

Promethean maps and vehicles

To be able to control a promethean base would be EPIC!

:drool:

Sadly Halo Wars 2 ain't gonna happen, I can guarantee 343i has no experience in creating an RTS and since ensemble has been disbanded, there's practically no one left with ACTUAL RTS experience.

If 343i were to actually make it, I can safely say it would suck.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

ok, i've been thinking and:

mongoose: no guy, AR guy, Rocket Guy

warthog: front bumper (better ram), LAAG, gauss, rocket, rocket passenger

falcon: front turret, side MGs, side grende launchers, transport less troops than pelican

covenant leader powers are changed to be like UNSC powers: spirit transport, glassing airstrike etc.

play as the neutrals

new neutral: promethian - knights, crawlers, watchers

change the UNSC anti infantry from flamers to snipers

swap cyclops for mantis

add in mammoth that does the same as the elephant but spawns warthogs/mantis' instead

more of the single building pads

add upgrade buildings: infantry- training centre, vehicles (air and land) -garage or repair shop

whadaya think, eh?

i have a couple of good ideas about halo wars 2 if it does happen. there is alot of debute over if they'll make halo wars two because of the trilogy which is a very good point but anyways:

1. they should fix up the glitches and patch them up in matchmaking and over all.

2. also update the vehicles and units like the flamethrowers change them into snipers or u can at least upgrade them to snipers.

3. make it so that u can go into first second or third person views that would give halo wars a whole new meaning. like imagine three people in these three different views or at least let each player go into first person view with any one character or vehicle they like.

4. add all the different new vehicles or make upgrades so u can get each different vehicle.

5. change the base set up. i mean at the beginning of the games u shuld be able to choose with the one scout where ur base can go and u should be able to build it anywhere. i don't know but the way star craft set their base builds is what i'm talking about if anyone knows that game.

6. u shuld make it so that u can get more than three stars on ur units but it will take a while.

7. lets u upgrade ur marines odst's or spartans have amor abilities such as amor lock and cloack things like that.

8. change how some units can't attack air, i think all units should be able to attack air. though some will deal less damage than others.

9. enable tanks to shoots with their canons at air units.

i'm a unsc player but the covenent units were pretty good though can also be emproved will post tomorow

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok i have extensive knowledge of Halo Wars (I am a general and have all but one achievement and this is probably why i dont have a gf)

But any way here is a list of idea and stat fixes that i believe will improve the game

1. Don't touch the scarab, it is a laughable and relitively useless unit because it does not have enough armor to stand up to a sizable force of usable units and should stay that way because it never takes skill to use or does it need upgrade, coupled with the fact that trying to build one will leave you with nothing but your leader in the begging of the game.

2. FIX THE PROPHET, he is an overpowered unit because of his OP cleansing beam and the fact that he will ALWAYS be able to retreat or recall right when you break his shields, so take away the shields and you take away his OP

3. Decrease the amount of time it takes for the disrubtion bomb to reload (maybe from like 5 min as it stands to 3 min) this will nerf leader rushes to some extent

4. UNSC snipers

5. Increase damage output and health of all Infantry units other than hunters and Covenant leaders becuase as it stand grunts, flamethrowers, jackels(in open combat, they are good for rush defence) marines, and spartans(as infantry units not i vehicles) are broken and unusable units because the other side will use either air, armor, or leader powers to wipe them out in seconds.

6. air units, which are supposed to be weak against infantry, are still effective against them 75% of the time, basically against everything other than ODST, because as it stands it is FAR more effective to make wolverines or vampires

7. Upgrade Wraiths, these units are so rarely seen on the field because they are useless and are destroyed by air, all other vehicles other than locusts, and most of the times ODST

8. Space battle would be AWESOME

9. Keep base set-up the same, because you do not have to go out to collect supplies it would make nosense to have supplies pads in the persons bases and have them continously upgrade and make an impentitrable super base if you took away the set building sites

10. Covenant Corvette as a Uber unit that can be deployed on the ground, this would then be countered by infantry, wolverines or vampires

11. Add the Mammoth (Come on 343 it was pretty epic)

12. Flood as a playable unit, because it does have all its infantry units setout for them and it wouldnt be TOO hard to think up some vehciles for it.

13. Usable artillery pieces for both sides like the Rhino

14. Placeable infantry garrisons, minefields, and other such obstacles either as a leader power or as a result of map destruction

15. Nerf the MAC blast becuase it is currently so overpowered that Cutter are now only building tanks or wolverines and abusing the mac

16. The Covenant get a leader power that puts up a large bubble shield over an area that units can neither fire into or out of

17. Buggers or Bugs whatever for the Covenant with the ability to go airborne or on the ground at will

Out of ideas for now but i will post back later

Ohh, by the way 343 pleeeeeaaaaaaaasssssse do not make it that you get bonuses the higher the rank you are, because that would be terrible

Also you should make a structure for heavy/mechanized infantry like mantis, NOT Cyclops they are useless, armored infantry, AT infantry, ect.

• 4 weeks later...

My ideas

Halo wars forging

Prometheans and/or Flood as usable characters

Space battles

kinect usage

halo 3 mode where you two sides with spartans and you control what guns it has and you control where and how they move.

More(sensible) game types

A little more in deph with the covanant

More DLCs

Few more super powers other than mac or carpet bomb maybe something with infinity

Master chief

Arbiter halo 3

A free world mode

Those are my ideas

I do like a lot of these suggestions for Halo Wars 2 in this thread. I wouldn't mind seeing Halo Wars 2 take a step toward more traditional RTS ports on the 360, like Supreme Commander and Universe at War. Instead of choosing a specific leader on Halo Wars like the Arbiter or Captain Cutter, I would like to be able to choose a faction, like the UNSC or Covenant. If I were to go Covenant, I could build a Temple to spawn any leader I choose. This would work like "Heros" off of Universe at War. They would be strong. But they would take significant time and resources to spawn. They would be potential game-changers. This would wipe out leader rushing at the very start of a match. While I don't mind leader rushing, I know many people do. One can still rush, but it will be with the same caliber of units. It would make it more challenging in my opinion.

I would also like to see a balanced blend of 1v1, 2v2 and 3v3 maps. There is no reason to have at least double the amount of 1v1 and 2v2 maps each than 3v3, especially since the 3v3 playlists online always have more population.

I wouldn't mind a "tab" bar like on Command and Conquer. With the tab bar, one could construct units and the what not while managing units on the battlefield. One wouldn't always have to jump back to their base to construct more tanks for example.

These are just a few out of many suggestions I have for a Halo Wars 2. I have played every RTS on the 360 I think. There is not many to start with. The problem is I like them all. From Supreme Commander 2 to Halo Wars, they are great games. I like Halo Wars because it was built for the console instead of being a port from the PC version, like Supreme Commander, Command and Conquer and the like. With that being said, Halo Wars is limited compared to those same ports that I enjoy. Halo Wars feels very limited, almost to a playlist extent, compared to the previously mentioned RTS titles. Regardless of how Halo Wars 2 is done, if done, it needs to be done right. There are no guarantees for Halo Wars 2. Let's hope it is done right.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...