Assassin's Creed 3 Season Pass confirmed

screenshot_291089_thumb_wide940.jpg

Ubisoft releasing a season pass for 'Assassins Creed 3'. The pass will cost you a extra $30. Will be available across all platforms.

Read below for more details

By: Mike Jackson for

CVG UK

The AC3 Season Pass, only previously rumored when a claimed internal GameStop document

was leaked, has been officially confirmed via this week's US PlayStation Store update, which offers gamers the opportunity to pre-order the game with a Season Pass for an extra $30 over the usual $59.99 price.

The PS Blog update confirms, Ubi will offer an Assassin's Creed 3 Gold Edition which, at $89.99, will come with a Season Pass which is expected to give gamers access to much of the 'extensive' DLC the developer has planned for AC3.

When asked in the blog comments if the Season Pass would be offered separately, a rep replied replied "Yup, it will".

There was no mention of a standalone price, but the $30 mark up on the Gold Edition of the game is a solid hint.

Ubisoft has confirmed an Assassin's Creed 3 release date of October 31 on PS3 and Xbox 360, with an Assassin's Creed 3 PC release date to follow on November 23. A Wii U version will be available at the console's launch.

This post has been promoted to an article

it seems that way, as long as the DLC that comes with them is good then i dont mind them though

Season passes are cool - Look at Halo 4, they already have a War Games pass. It's just a easier and cheaper way to pay. Halo 4 War games map pass is 15% less than going out and buying the maps individually so i can see this being more popular.

Season passes are cool - Look at Halo 4, they already have a War Games pass. It's just a easier and cheaper way to pay. Halo 4 War games map pass is 15% less than going out and buying the maps individually so i can see this buying more popular.

yeah thats definately gonna be a good one, because it's definately gonna be worth it, and for the most part season passes are worth it, i just hope they stay that way

Edited by Vitamin PWN

I loved the season pass with Gears 3, but I have big reservations about a season pass with Assassins Creed, I just can't see it actually being worth it.

Don't get me wrong I love the AC games, but as of yet I've not seen any DLC for them that was actually worth it.

thats true most of the AC DLC aren't that great, hopefully they change that for AC3

I loved the season pass with Gears 3, but I have big reservations about a season pass with Assassins Creed, I just can't see it actually being worth it.

Don't get me wrong I love the AC games, but as of yet I've not seen any DLC for them that was actually worth it.

Agreed. Feels little like gambling to me, with these passes and whatnot. Hoho!