where will Bungie go?

swaggerbetis44

Bungie are currently working on an iPhone/iPod/Android game called Crimson: Steam Pirates. And they have several other projects going. I don't see them going downhill in the near future.

And if you do think so, please feel free to enlighten us on why exactly that is going to happen.

Bungir are currently working on an iPhone/iPod/Android game called Crimson: Steam Pirates. And they have several other projects going. I don't see them going downhill in the near future.

And if you do think so, please feel free to enlighten us on why exactly that is going to happen.

Idk dude... From one of the top selling games for the X-Box to developing apps for smartphones? That doesn't exactly sound like Uphill to me.
  • Like 2

Idk dude... From one of the top selling games for the X-Box to developing apps for smartphones? That doesn't exactly sound like Uphill to me.

agreed

Bungie are currently working on an iPhone/iPod/Android game called Crimson: Steam Pirates. And they have several other projects going. I don't see them going downhill in the near future.

and i am not arguing but i just dont see them going anywhere else

im hearing quite a few people quit

Crimson: Steam Pirates is already done, i think they are working on a game called destiny or destiny could be the code name for the new game they are making

Bungie quit Halo. They don't deserve to exist in the gaming industry anymore.

That's downright silly. They spent 10 years doing nothing but Halo. I don't know about you, but I would want to create new games and new franchises, not just stick to a single one my whole career. Microsoft owned the franchise since Combat Evolved, so there wasn't much they could have done other than stay and continue Halo development, or leave and get the opportunity to create a brand new IP that they would be the owners of. Personally I think the latter sounds like the smartest move. Just because they decided to stop developing games in the Halo series does not, in any way, mean they don't deserve to exist as a video games company anymore. They developed quite a few high quality franchises before Halo, so I see no reason why they cannot do that now.

• Like 2

They spent 10 years doing nothing but Halo. I don't know about you, but I would want to create new games and new franchises, not just stick to a single one my whole career. Microsoft owned the franchise since Combat Evolved, so there wasn't much they could have done other than stay and continue Halo development, or leave and get the opportunity to create a brand new IP that they would be the owners of. Personally I think the latter sounds like the smartest move. Just because they decided to stop developing games in the Halo series does not, in any way, mean they don't deserve to exist as a video games company anymore. They developed quite a few high quality franchises before Halo, so I see no reason why they cannot do that now.

By quiting Halo, I don't think he means that they stopped making Halo. They stopped caring for Halo. There were problems all over Reach. And Bungle did little to fix them, and decided instead to flood the mp with bad maps and games. They cut out many solid maps and replaced them with maps with little thought behind the gameplay.

• Like 1

Ok, a proper Bungie expert is now in the house, all of your questions will be answered.

First off, Crimson: Steam Pirates was released by a division of Bungie called Bungie Aerospace. Bungie Aerospace is a program set up by Bungie to help indie app devs get going, they supply the developers with assistance financially as well as in the developing process and in advertising, the game once completed then gets published under the Bungie Aerospace name.

Now, on to what Bungie is working on. We don't have very much information since Bungie has gone dark, this means that they have basically stopped posting on their website and talking to the outside world in general. What we do know is that they are working on a Multi-Platform Sifi Adventure FPS codenamed "Tiger" and that it might have elements of MMO. According to a court document released by Activision during the big battle between them and EA they game will most likely launch with the name "Destiny" and is slated for a 2013/ 14 release. For more information and speculation on Destiny this website seems pretty on the ball about it: http://misriahsolutions.com/articles/waiting-for-destiny/ .

Other then that there is a rumor that they could be working on a Marathon remake, but this has not been confirmed and doesn't seem like something Bungie would do.

• Like 1

>Bungie quits Halo.

>Bungie develops Aerospace to help developers for mobile platforms (This is a very profitable industry believe it or not).

>Bungie signs up with Activision to create 3 titles in the next 10 years or so, codenamed ''Destiny''.

I think Bungie will do well...

Other then that there is a rumor that they could be working on a Marathon remake, but this has not been confirmed and doesn't seem like something Bungie would do.

I really doubt Bungie would remake one of their old games, or even create a new sequel to Marathon to compete with Halo...