Why do game companies get greedy with games?

Masonhalo4

Halo 2 and halo 3 thrived and had like what 300-500k on daily? Then reach comes out i heard reach couldnt even maintain 100k players.I never played reach because i head it was horrible Ex) Bad ranking system, stupid abilities AKA Jetpack, and especially no br i was done. It seems like when things work in the past companies ignore them and try to hard adding different and new things to the game. I certainly dont like the abilites especially the jet pack and im guessing there gonna throw away the good ranking system and make it like call of duty where it takes time and not skill. If halo 3 worked and it was as succesful as it was why tweek it so much that most of the players will hate it? I will never know.

Greed doesn't even come into the equation. Greed is the sole reason why games are here today. Games are not free to make, and companies don't throw tons of moolah out the window without a bottom line needing to be filled.

Aside from the obvious, change is good. Like it or not, games must always innovate and stimulate a player into new things and better code. Keeping a game theoretically the same, and only minorly tweaking it, can make a game stale and repetitive. This thought brings to mind, Unreal tournament. Unreal picked up where Quake left off, in creating the virtual first deathmatch experience over the internet connection. Unreal was hailed as the best FPS of it's time, and even today, Unreal is touted as the mother of all FPS, next to Quake. But, as I had said, games need to mature and evolve, and Unreal did just that. Sure they kept a few core mechanics, but the experience and way you played changed drastically with each title.

Halo 4 has yet to be released and played through enough to a an extent that can merit us the chance of saying it fails, or it won't work. Once it has been out for at least 6 months, and enough playtime has been reached, then we can honestly say if it sucks of it's broken.

• Like 1

Every now and then companies have to branch out, create new ideas, and while sometimes these aren't popular it is part of the learning process.

343 Learned from Reach and is making Halo 4 more improved. So with every bad game comes a silver lining, just remember that before you go and call them greedy, ok? :D