343's project that will save Halo for the core true Halo fans.

iDomology

16 members have voted

1. 1. Should 343 industries remake Halo2 with better graphics but no modifications to the gameplay?

• Yes
    • No
    • 343 is killing Halo. Period.

1. As far as we know, it's not on the way. Nothing has been announced.

2. I would buy it if they made it, so yes I guess I do want it. Apparently they're remaking Halo 2 if Halo CEA was a big hit. Which it was, so it may be made.

3. Hell yeah!

Like they did with CEA, they also need to make it so that you can change between classic and enhanced :D I liked CEA for that.

• Like 1

1. Already answered

2. No, definitetly not, we dont need a remake of that game that has no massive impact on the series. CE did because it was the frirt, 2 doesnt need to be.

3. No

I honestly thought you were joking for a second there, then I realized that you were serious. That saddens me deeply. Let me explain what Halo 2 did for not only the Halo series, but for all modern FPS games.

Pretty much everything you find in modern Halo's began in Halo 2. (Boarding vehicles, destroying vehicles, regenerative health, all sorts of things). Also, Halo 2 was the first Halo to play over X-Box Live. Halo CE's multiplayer was strictly splitscreen, or by connecting consoles. It made use of much larger maps and game modes, was the first game to have Swat and BTB, and pretty much made every Halo game after it.

Halo CE was pretty revolutionary, and it was the first Halo game, but in the metaphorical Halo Skyscraper, it's simply the foundation. The bare essentials. Halo 2 is the beautiful first floor that allowed the rest of the Halo games to come. If Halo 2 had failed, there wouldn't be a Halo 3, Halo 3 ODST, Halo Reach, Halo Wars, or even Halo 4. Halo 2 was the game that put Bungie on the map, not Halo CE. Halo 2 introduced ALL of the brute weaponry, the brutes themselves, the BR, the Beam Rifle, the Fuel Rod Gun, the Energy Sword, and even the Wraith. You couldn't drive any covenant vehicles except for the Ghost and the Banshee in Halo CE. Halo 2 made EVERY weapon available.

As far as innovation goes, Halo 2 was the single most important Halo game that has been made as of yet.

Yes, there were glitches and whatnot, but Halo 2 MADE Halo a series. If Halo 2 had failed, there would not be a series.

• Like 4

I honestly thought you were joking for a second there, then I realized that you were serious. That saddens me deeply. Let me explain what Halo 2 did for not only the Halo series, but for all modern FPS games.

Pretty much everything you find in modern Halo's began in Halo 2. (Boarding vehicles, destroying vehicles, regenerative health, all sorts of things). Also, Halo 2 was the first Halo to play over X-Box Live. Halo CE's multiplayer was strictly splitscreen, or by connecting consoles. It made use of much larger maps and game modes, was the first game to have Swat and BTB, and pretty much made every Halo game after it.

Halo CE was pretty revolutionary, and it was the first Halo game, but in the metaphorical Halo Skyscraper, it's simply the foundation. The bare essentials. Halo 2 is the beautiful first floor that allowed the rest of the Halo games to come. If Halo 2 had failed, there wouldn't be a Halo 3, Halo 3 ODST, Halo Reach, Halo Wars, or even Halo 4. Halo 2 was the game that put Bungie on the map, not Halo CE. Halo 2 introduced ALL of the brute weaponry, the brutes themselves, the BR, the Beam Rifle, the Fuel Rod Gun, the Energy Sword, and even the Wraith. You couldn't drive any covenant vehicles except for the Ghost and the Banshee in Halo CE. Halo 2 made EVERY weapon available.

As far as innovation goes, Halo 2 was the single most important Halo game that has been made as of yet.

Yes, there were glitches and whatnot, but Halo 2 MADE Halo a series. If Halo 2 had failed, there would not be a series.

Great post and to add to it, CE made Bungie a lot of money but nothing for MS except as the foundation you were speaking of. Halo 2 MP made MS a boatload of money and set the future of the Halo series and Live itself.

Imo, MS should make H2 MP available again to Live, somehow. MS owes H2 fans that much.

To correct you quickly Director.....Bungie made no huge amount of money off of Halo 1 or Halo 2, Microsoft did. Whether Halo 2 failed or not, Bungie had an (x amount) of games contract with Microsoft featuring the unique Halo Universe. Halo 2 didn't so much revolutionise FPS's as it is touted. As far as FPS goes, all it did was showcase how an FPS could be migrated from the PC to console with ease. The real revolution came in that is boosted the Xbox.

But as a fun fact, there a great number of gamers out there, who have yet to play anything outside of Halo1. I lose count how many people I talk to over H1 today, that have never picked up Halo 2 at all. So you really need to streamline the revolutionizing part of Halo 2's impact, and limit it strictly to the console genre.

All that aside, Halo 2 doesn't deserve a remake. Halo 1 was the title that started it all, and that is why it was chosen for the remake in the first place. It was all to commemerate where Halo began, where the Xbox began, and the updated look shows you where it is heading. Hell, we are even lucky if we can get anyone (Bungie, or 343i) to even utter the words Halo 2 in public. I recall the last panel they had where Frank said something like... "Ok, yeah like the modding on Halo CE and uh...." he stopped short and didn't even want to mention Halo 2. That alone tells you how much Frank himself hated how it turned out.

But hey wahtever, it's only my opinion, and if the community calls for a remake and 343i listens, good for you all. But for me, there is nothing that a remake can provide that would make me personally want it, nor could any remake do the game or matchmaking expereince any true justice. Halo 2 had it's time, now we must move on.

• Like 2

-snip-

Wow no spelling errors! Who are you and what have you done with Twinreaper? ;D lmao

But in all seriousness, I see your point. However, I must point out that I was not stating that H2 should have a remake, I was attempting to explain to Azaxx the impact that H2 had. Not necessarily the impact it had on gamers (even though that impact isn't exactly small either) but the impact it had on gaming in general. Which was very, very large.

As for whether or not H2 deserves a remake or not, I'd like to go on record saying that it does, simply because it would make a lot of people happy. For me, Halo 2 was my favorite campaign, even though it was buggy and unfinished (and I am by far not alone in this opinion). That sort of gave it a charm that you don't often see in games these days. Just figuring out the glitches alone was worth about 30+ hours of gameplay. Unfortunately these days, it is increasingly difficult to relive the Halo 2 campaign, as it is no longer in production.

I know it's out for the PC, but I despise Windows Vista and so that's out of the question. lol

I'll gladly play it on PC, but first i need W8, second i'm too attached at the FPS for console...i tried Crysis on PC, and the only thing that pushed me trough the game was the beautiful story. I'm not familiar with the FPS controls on the Qwerty, and it angers me to search for the right button.

This is a reason for why i'm supportive to a remake, others are that my Halo 2 disk is really ruined, and i really liked the "new/old" switching thing in Anniversary.

If you have Windows 8, I find that it runs better on that. And hell, for $15 you can't beat it. Just need to find you a spare legit Win8 key I don't need......gotta check my MSDN Key vault. If I find an unused one in my key vault, would you like it?

I'm actually getting a new computer here in the next couple of months, so let me get back to you on that lol Does H2 on PC have campaign at all?

Yes it does. And at times, because of DirectX10 acceleration and compatability, the graphics can at times show more detail than what you remember on the Xbox version. And with the wireless receiver they have for the pc, you don't have to use a pesky QWERTY setup.

I can't stress enough how important it is for people to move forward with OS's and give certain ones a fair chance. Vista doesn't have nearly the amount of issues for people who use a pc for basic game playing and web surfing...and lets be honest, none of us here besides maybe a few, use a pc as a straight developer station. That being said, Halo 2 for the PC can fullfill everyones wish of having Halo 2 again in all it's glory. Hell we even have a stat app in the works to bring full LIVE style 1-50 ranking back. What are you waiting for people!! Upgrade from crappy XP and get H2PC!!!!

• Like 2