Forerunner/Promethean Probe?

SykoWolf

Hey at the beginning of the Campaign clip shown at E3, there was a spherical object that scanned the Master Chief and chased after the Infinity.

Now does anyone know what this is?

I THINK that it is a Promethean probe, used to assess the combat capabilities of an enemy chip, but i don't know if it has combat capabilities.

*lightbulb* I think it's the diadact in his cryptum. In the book cryptum bornstellar was scanned by the cryptum to check if he's forerunner and guilty spark calls humans during one of its rants that humans are forerunner....so you get the idea, I guess lol (prob most people already figured this out but awell lol)

I'm very curious about this, because when Bornstellar found the Didact in his cryptum, Bornstellar had to help feed the Didact's body the fluids it required to revive the body to the point where the Didact was live and well.

My question is, if he's walking and talking in this new trilogy, who revived the Didact?

Please correct me if I'm wrong at all, I just typed what I remember from Cryptum.

• Like 1

See my only problem with it being a Cryptum is the fact that a Cryptum is used to hold high ranking Forerunners in a sort of self exile. So why is it flying about scanning people and chasing the infinity? Makes no sense to me, the cryptum should be stationary.