How to deal with quitters

r1kkie

Way to often people quit cause their getting *****... The worst is that they mess things up for other players. How fun is it when 3 guys quit in your team and you are left against 4 people. Isnt fun the other way around either. I think you must have a MUCH tougher system against quitters. There has to be a good way to make it work. Reach tried but in my eyes they failed cause there are a lot of quitters.

Why not punish them hard, quit once. 15 min ban. Quit again the same day, 30 min, third time 1h, fourth 1 day.

Somethings have to be done imo... 20-25% of the times I play someone quit...

Or do you have any other suggestions?

yes thank you that would be genius! cause i on halo 3 i think i only raged quit a couple of times before i noticed i was loosing exp. i was like "WTF?" and so thats really annoying, sure it makes you more of a good sport, but then again you have to be or else you loose exp. and that outnumbered team thing happens all the time to me and others lol. the reach one is more useful for me, i might rage once and a while, but only do it once so that i can still go in and play and if the same stuff happenes to me i won't rage again. if anything they should make it so that you rage once, and 15 min ban or something thats really good idea, but not the exp lose thats just horrible and makes you want to turn of your xbox lol.

yes thank you that would be genius! cause i on halo 3 i think i only raged quit a couple of times before i noticed i was loosing exp. i was like "WTF?" and so thats really annoying, sure it makes you more of a good sport, but then again you have to be or else you loose exp. and that outnumbered team thing happens all the time to me and others lol. the reach one is more useful for me, i might rage once and a while, but only do it once so that i can still go in and play and if the same stuff happenes to me i won't rage again. if anything they should make it so that you rage once, and 15 min ban or something thats really good idea, but not the exp lose thats just horrible and makes you want to turn of your xbox lol.

but now you dont have to worry about having no one on your team since there is a new join session system

but now you dont have to worry about having no one on your team since there is a new join session system

Well thats just the wrong way to go. To solve a problem you should fix the problem, not adding things as compensation.

How fun is it to join a game where your losing? Thats what I like about Halo part from other games. You ALWAYS start equal. Not joining a game where your oponants.

And as for Halo, when a game ends you will have to wait awhile before the matchmaking is finished and a new game is up. Not fun to play 10 games in a row where you get thrown in games where people have quit and there is 3min of gametime before the game ends. It work in games where matches just keeps going where you don't have to do anything to get in the next match.

Way to often people quit cause their getting *****... The worst is that they mess things up for other players. How fun is it when 3 guys quit in your team and you are left against 4 people. Isnt fun the other way around either. I think you must have a MUCH tougher system against quitters. There has to be a good way to make it work. Reach tried but in my eyes they failed cause there are a lot of quitters.

Why not punish them hard, quit once. 15 min ban. Quit again the same day, 30 min, third time 1h, fourth 1 day.

Somethings have to be done imo... 20-25% of the times I play someone quit...

Or do you have any other suggestions?

Reach failed because XP means nothing and there's so many people on there that don't care about winning or losing. I guarantee if they had ranked competitive playlists like in Halo 2 and 3 there would be a LOT less quitters because people would actually care about winning. That's the way it used to be and it worked.

Reach failed because XP means nothing and there's so many people on there that don't care about winning or losing. I guarantee if they had ranked competitive playlists like in Halo 2 and 3 there would be a LOT less quitters because people would actually care about winning. That's the way it used to be and it worked.

There are Arena that has one form of ranking system, and yes, people quit there too.

There would still be people playing in the ranked playlist even if the don't care about the xp and will quit and ruin things for other gamers...

Well thats just the wrong way to go. To solve a problem you should fix the problem, not adding things as compensation.

How fun is it to join a game where your losing? Thats what I like about Halo part from other games. You ALWAYS start equal. Not joining a game where your oponants.

And as for Halo, when a game ends you will have to wait awhile before the matchmaking is finished and a new game is up. Not fun to play 10 games in a row where you get thrown in games where people have quit and there is 3min of gametime before the game ends. It work in games where matches just keeps going where you don't have to do anything to get in the next match.

you cant expect that the drop-in system will replace any punishment for quiting. There would have to be punishment for quiters regardless of the new circumstances. So you dont have to come on here to start complainig about what you dont like in halo reach. The system is pretty much fixed by 343i , and if you dont like it, just dont play halo

As mentioned above, you'll have people that can join the game in-session and even out the playing field. Also, if you lose XP for quitting games, and you unlock loadout items by leveling up, that will be a bit more of an incentive for people not to quit.

Well that might work for the starting month, what about a year after relese when everyone has unlocked everything?

you cant expect that the drop-in system will replace any punishment for quiting. There would have to be punishment for quiters regardless of the new circumstances. So you dont have to come on here to start complainig about what you dont like in halo reach. The system is pretty much fixed by 343i , and if you dont like it, just dont play halo

Come on bro, you cant possible know the system is fixed by 343i cause u havent played the game...

I just wanted to hear other peoples opinion on how to lower the amount of quitting people. I dont complain, I just told a fact that Halo Reach quitting system isnt working. Not an opinion...

The drop in system isnt a good idea either unless it wont throw you in a game where the score isnt tied... No one wants to be thrown in a game where the other team is leading and impossible to win. Thats not fair to people that care about winning. Then quitters will get more people then those in the game punished... With this system I hope you will get an option to turn of drop in system when you search for a game.

For the records, I like Halo Reach, just hope they havent changed to much in Halo 4, out of what I have seen its starting to look more like a call of duty game. Hope Im wrong thou, cause I think it will ruin the game. Especially for Halo fans...

P.S Assumptions are made out of how other games I have played uses drop in system...

I am sure 343i will find some way of handeling quitters. The drop in/out system will help, but it will not fix everything. 343i has learned from Bungie and past Halo games, they will figure it out

I have said it in other posts what I think of drop in systems.

I don't know about you, but lets assume you always aim for winning games... Would it be fair to be thrown in a game where you team is down by 40-10 in a game first to 50 kills? I would think that s**ks and the game will end rather quickly and you will have to search for a new game, just waste of time. :/

• Like 1

Come on bro, you cant possible know the system is fixed by 343i cause u havent played the game...

I just wanted to hear other peoples opinion on how to lower the amount of quitting people. I dont complain, I just told a fact that Halo Reach quitting system isnt working. Not an opinion...

The drop in system isnt a good idea either unless it wont throw you in a game where the score isnt tied... No one wants to be thrown in a game where the other team is leading and impossible to win. Thats not fair to people that care about winning. Then quitters will get more people then those in the game punished... With this system I hope you will get an option to turn of drop in system when you search for a game.

For the records, I like Halo Reach, just hope they havent changed to much in Halo 4, out of what I have seen its starting to look more like a call of duty game. Hope Im wrong thou, cause I think it will ruin the game. Especially for Halo fans...

P.S Assumptions are made out of how other games I have played uses drop in system...

but still, you cant expect there will be no consequences at all for quitting

but still, you cant expect there will be no consequences at all for quitting

Ofcourse not. Just hope the system is way better then Reach. :)

Okay, maybe within seconds, the replacement person is inserted in the game? I'm sure they don't want empty games. Calm down and quit repeating yourself. Just think, 343 may make it so that a player is placed in within seconds.

Sry bro, don't understand what you mean here. :/

Personally if the drop in/out system works than I have no problem with people quitting. if I am stuck on a lame team and have to carry them, I will quit too. No point in me doing all of the work. If something happens outside of xbox (real life) than you should not be punished for quitting. If you are stuck with lame players than you should be able to quit.

In CoD, if I am losing or carrying the team and losing I quit, its not hard for other players to join the team I quit and not hard for me to search for another game. The whole point is to have fun, if the game sucks, than leave. I hate when i get paired against a stacked team and they dont do the objective and just kill, it makes the game no fun, so i quit. I dont care

I say there should be an XP penalty equal to a little more than you would get in an average game. You also cannot join another game until the one that you quit out of ends. It should also keep track of how many times you quit on your record for people to see.

Personally if the drop in/out system works than I have no problem with people quitting. if I am stuck on a lame team and have to carry them, I will quit too. No point in me doing all of the work. If something happens outside of xbox (real life) than you should not be punished for quitting. If you are stuck with lame players than you should be able to quit.

In CoD, if I am losing or carrying the team and losing I quit, its not hard for other players to join the team I quit and not hard for me to search for another game. The whole point is to have fun, if the game sucks, than leave. I hate when i get paired against a stacked team and they dont do the objective and just kill, it makes the game no fun, so i quit. I dont care

So if you have to do well or if you are losing you quit? You are the cancer that we are talking about. Congrats.

There are Arena that has one form of ranking system, and yes, people quit there too.

There would still be people playing in the ranked playlist even if the don't care about the xp and will quit and ruin things for other gamers...

Hardly anybody plays arena because it failed. Speaking from experience, not near the amount of people quit in Halo 2 and 3 as compared to Halo Reach and it was for a reason (because the 1-50 systems were in place, which is completely different from the division system). You'll have quitters in any game but the goal is to downsize quitting, which the ranked playlists of Halo 2 and 3 did.

@immortal Reaver: Calling me cancer is disrespectful...if I have to carry my team because the other players are messing around, not trying to win, or just bad and if we dont stand a chance than yes I quit. If the other team is full stacked and not going for the objective (playing one bomb and just killing for example) than again yes I quit. There is no point in sticking those sort of games out.

• Like 2