Windows 8 release preview

Guest FreeSETHMAN

Guest FreeSETHMAN

I remember calling WinV "LoseVista".

Windows 8 is focused on enhancing touch screen technology (more money).

Ha ha xD

Guest FreeSETHMAN

Lets hope that Microsoft has gone out of there way and made it EVEN BETTER then Windows 7 because Windows 7 is a friggin AWESOME monster of innovation.

I have window's 7 xD

It seems good, but the whole time I couldn't tell if it was a tablet or not. It seems really neat, but only for people who want a touch-screen computer or something. I like the Xbox and Windows Phone software, but I don't want that for my computer. I plan on getting the tablet for something portable to replace my laptop, but when I get my new gaming desktop I want Windows 7 as of now. I can't say it's bad, just prioritized for touch screen, which I don't want on my PC, I want it on tablets/phones and it works for Xbox fine.

If I ever get a chance to try it for free or something and have the ability to switch back to Windows 7 then I will, but it doesn't look like something I would want to buy, just something to try out; it hardly looks like it would work with a non-touchscreen computer, but I can't say it's "bad".

This OS is bad, there is nothing new for the normal user, just stuff for the touch screen pc user. The metro app crap is a method of lockdown to make sure we use Microsoft's apps and such. Stick with Windows 7 until Windows 9 comes out, Microsoft follows a pattern, Every 2nd OS is bad, Win 95 good, XP good, 7 good, 9 good and so on.

Even Gabe newbell doesn't like it, you can trust him, he gave us Steam.

I had Win 8 from March 12th to August 5th. Reverted back to Windows 7. Don't get Windows 8.

• Like 5

This OS is bad, there is nothing new for the normal user, just stuff for the touch screen pc user. The metro app crap is a method of lockdown to make sure we use Microsoft's apps and such. Stick with Windows 7 until Windows 9 comes out, Microsoft follows a pattern, Every 2nd OS is bad, Win 95 good, XP good, 7 good, 9 good and so on.

Even Gabe newbell doesn't like it, you can trust him, he gave us Steam.

I had Win 8 from March 12th to August 5th. Reverted back to Windows 7. Don't get Windows 8.

Not to mention how they are going the same way as Apple by discouraging Internet downloads and encouraging the built in game store which features size limits and a required 2 second start time for all apps which means that you could never buy a AAA game from it's store.

So, Umbuntu anyone?

Not to mention how they are going the same way as Apple by discouraging Internet downloads and encouraging the built in game store which features size limits and a required 2 second start time for all apps which means that you could never buy a AAA game from it's store.

So, Umbuntu anyone?

Linux operating systems aren't for the likes of the average PC user :P Just stick with Windows 7 and everything will be all good.

Linux operating systems aren't for the likes of the average PC user :P Just stick with Windows 7 and everything will be all good.

I agree that you should stick with Windows 7, however Ubuntu has recently been revamped, and is now more usible for the likes of the average pc user. So if you need a free operating system, use Ubuntu. :D

I agree that you should stick with Windows 7, however Ubuntu has recently been revamped, and is now more usible for the likes of the average pc user. So if you need a free operating system, use Ubuntu. :D

Huh, that's cool, I've had Ubuntu for a few years now but just never bothered with it, it always asks what I want when i boot up, Windows 7 all the way!

Always been a PC guy just never got into Mac. I do agree with Sarge that it will either be awesome or a waste. Im hoping that it will be awseome for I will buy it when it comes out to upgrade and because they are making it cheaper then usual which is also a bonus.

Ubuntu is hardly usable for the average users. Not only I have printer issues with Ubuntu, but a lot of the software I run is only available on Windows (To name a few: Adobe Photoshop Elements 10, SnagIt, PowerDirector 10 Ultra, and PowerArchiver 2012) and using Wine severely diminishes the performance any software that I use. The quality of the Linux software (including free ones) are a joke compared to their Windows counterparts, especially the proprietary commercial ones. Not to mention that gaming support on Linux is abysmal and it is a poor platform for HTPC (Linux shot itself in the foot by not implementing HDCP support).

Linux is not without its uses (works great on servers), but for a box I use for both work purposes and entertainment, Ubuntu just isn't a credible replacement. Even Linux zealots would advise against switching to Ubuntu or any distros for the reasons stated above.

Tried out the developer preview for Windows 8 and I must say, for an OS that originated as a regular desktop computer OS, the ease-of-use for tablets is pretty nice. And it still has the ability to switch back to the normal looking desktop we all know and love about Windows. I'm still awaiting the API changes that may have resulted of the new OS and it's new features.

I hate Windows.

I love Windows 8. Go figure. I'm not using a touchscreen laptop either. But I just love it regardless. My computer goes from dead cold, to desktop in 11 seconds. Super Fast and I haven't run into any serious bugs or glitches (I am running a virtual computer)