Friends setting their xbox status to offline

Lazmarr

What's the deal with friends (who you know in real life) setting their status to offline?

I know that they may not want to appear because someone is online.

But what about when they have no friends online? <----- I don't see the point in appearing offline when you have no friends online.

^---- I want to know what you all think about "Friends appearing offline when they have no friends online."

If I'm on and want to play alone or do something else, I set it to offline. For a game like Reach, I just set it so my party is invite only. Otherwise, I have a certain friend who always, without fail, joins my games, and it drives me crazy.

What's the deal with friends (who you know in real life) setting their status to offline?

I know that they may not want to appear because someone is online.

But what about when they have no friends online? <----- I don't see the point in appearing offline when you have no friends online.

^---- I want to know what you all think about "Friends appearing offline when they have no friends online."

I constantly have my status set to offline because if I don't, I get spammed with party or game invites and when I'm in a party with a friend while we are playing games random people on my friends list will join my party without asking. This is especially troublesome when I have a girl in my party.

This is especially troublesome when I have a girl in my party.

Director, the Pimp of Xbox Live. :D

Jokes, but, Director, why you hitting up XBL Chicks?!?! AM I NOT GOOD ENOUGH?!?!?!?! :'(

But, i set my status as appear offline for the same reason as director, so my "friends" don't spam me all the time.

IDC if I get the occasional friend spam. It goes away after a few mins. I honestly don't have friends who join or act like body cavity cleaners. When I get an invite from a friend who appears offline, I go WTF. So you get a pop up every couple of hours, deal with it. I have enough screen to share with my notifications.

I have one account that is permanently set for "Offline" under settings. I also have notifications turned off on the account. There are just times when you want to be online by yourself, without interruptions, and not feel the need to return messages of why you don't want to be in a party of accept game invites. If I am looking at my friend list and see someone on I want to talk or play with I will message them. Point is, it is a personal preference and should be respected.

• Like 1

Sometimes they set it to offline because they want there space, other times it is because they dont wanna talk for a while......... generally if i see them setting themselves as offline when i know there online, i know it is for a reason and leave them alone.