Mysteries of the Prometheans

Victory Element

The prometheans are the new enemies that we will be fighting in halo 4, but there is lot that puzzles me when it comes to this new faction. The first thing that i have noticed is the colors of the prometheans. I know there may be another topic or two about this, but i am looking at it in a bit different perspective. We have seen gameplay when players fight against orange colored primetheans, but we also know that there are blue prometheans.i have heard that the color orange means that they are corrupted, and this makes sense in a way. We would assume the Didact has corrupted them because his symbol and his crytum have been shown with the color orange. He does have a hatred for humans and things point to him being the main antagonist. But the problem is, the didact was the commander of the enitre forerunner military. He lead the prometheans(the orignal foerunner ones)in the forerunner-human and forerunner-flood wars. Why would he have to corrupt them in order to be their leader?? You could argue the Didact is good and blue prometheans are corrupted, but this doesnt seem right. Blue seems to be significant color to forerunners in their structure and technology. I would assume it to be the original color of the prometheans, and orange seems like a color of corruption and evil. And you cant say the Didact leads the blue ones. His symbol has only been displayed as orange, and his cryptum (as seen in the campaign gameplay) has the same orange as the prometheans. also, why arent all of the prometheans corrupted? who would've stopped it?

Main questions:

1) why would the Didact have to corupt prometheans to be their leader?

2) who would then lead the blue prometheans and prevent them from being corrupted?

3) Do the two colors oppose each other? if so, why?

i dont think any of these answers are known yet. please give theories and envidence that could possibly answer these.

These are good questions, and ones that I am sure will be answered in the Game and in the 3rd and final Forerunner book coming out in january.

My only guess is that the Didact towards the end of the Flood war was kind of cast aside by the rest of the council for his views on the shield worlds versus the halo rings. My guess is because he rather supported the shield worlds, he and his "followers" or "supporters" went to the shield world with him and that is why the ones we see, follow him, while the rest were essentially wiped out.

Maybe this is setting up for a major war between Forerunners' Humans' and the small former Covenant faction's that we have seen like Grunt's Elites' and the Jackal's there the main 3 of the Covenant, we have seen for now then we have the 'Orange/Blue Prometheans' which is very confusing cause Cold color's(Blue Cyan Green etc) are friendly and Hot color's(Red Orange Maroon etc) are enemies this natural order has been messed up somewhat with both of the Orange and Blue Prometheans' fighting you.

Weird choice of coloring I know

TheDidact did not corrupt the prometheans to gain control of them, he already controls them since he built the shield world, well he had designs for shield worlds but the master builder denied them and made halo's instead because this was about the flood, the colors for the prometheans I think show the level of authority or threat level.

I agree with TheDarkestHour, I think that those who follow the Didact follow him becasue they are the loyalists. He wanted the Shield worlds, where as the rest of the Council wanted the Rings. So Didact and his followers are there on a shield world.

TheDidact did not corrupt the prometheans to gain control of them, he already controls them since he built the shield world, well he had designs for shield worlds but the master builder denied them and made halo's instead because this was about the flood, the colors for the prometheans I think show the level of authority or threat level.

you have a good point, but why would the prometheans have two different colors? it cant be rank, because each type of promethean(revealed so far) has been seen in both colors. Also, why would they have authorities? if they are non-organic AIs, they are most likely controlled by one leader. You have strong evidence, but i cant seem to reason with it. The only answer would be corruption. as stated before, blue is significant color to the forerunners. Why would some of their technology end up orange unlike the rest? corruption.

There is another topic(in halo 4 forums) with a halo 4 cutscene and they are talking about the Didact wanting to use the Infinity to escape requiem. The prometheans on requiem were probably programmed to remain there and protect the planet. Since the Didact wants to escape, he has probably corrupted some to do his own dirty work to find a way off the planet. The rest have not been corrupted due to this mysterious leader that we have yet to find. This is only a theory, you might want to check out the cutscene as well

• 3 weeks later...

i think that the prometheans have ranks and treat levels . so i think the blue prometheans are just a higher rank than the orange.either that or there in a snow climate with alot of frost and snow.

the blue prometheans that we saw were in a jungle looking environment, the same place that we have seen the orange ones

He would have to corrupt the Blue Prometheans because they contain the "souls" of previous Forerunner Warrior-Servants, thus they still hold a grasp on there Forerunnerity (a term i invented meaning the same as humanity) just like how Chakas was split into 7 pieces to become the Moniters.

The Blue Promethean s COULD be led by the Librarian, but remember that she is a life-worker not a warrior Servant, so more likely there is another Warrior Servant leading them.

The two colours WOULD oppose each other due to there innoperability with each other. They oppose each others ideals and therefore would be fighting each other for control of Requiem, or any other planet.

Can someone point me to where it says that orange signals corruption in Forerunners? Thanks.

Alright, now I think it is very much like the jackals and Elites. Their colors have no effect on their alliances. The blue ones may simply be more powerful Promethean A.I.? Anyone else think of that one?

Well seeing as the Prometheans are protecting an ancient weapon, maybe some are designated by their duties by different colors? Or maybe there are just different ranks for each class. All of the Covenant forces with the exception of drones and hunters have different colors based on their ranks. So maybe the blue are lesser rank and orange higher rank?

thx i sorta forgot about that victory element

but do you agree on the other stuff victory element?

i'm stil not a fan of the rank theory at this point.

Can someone point me to where it says that orange signals corruption in Forerunners? Thanks.

Alright, now I think it is very much like the jackals and Elites. Their colors have no effect on their alliances. The blue ones may simply be more powerful Promethean A.I.? Anyone else think of that one?

well, first of all they are AIs, not true forerunners. It is a fact that AIs turn orange when they become corrupted. It is also a sign of rampancy. Take 343 guilty spark as an example at the end of H3 before you destroy him. and as i have said before, blue seems to be a significant color in forerunner structure, technology, and symbolsim. Orange just seems to be a universal color for corruption and rampancy....

but i dont think rampancy is the problem with prometheans

well, first of all they are AIs, not true forerunners. It is a fact that AIs turn orange when they become corrupted. It is also a sign of rampancy. Take 343 guilty spark as an example at the end of H3 before you destroy him. and as i have said before, blue seems to be a significant color in forerunner structure, technology, and symbolsim. Orange just seems to be a universal color for corruption and rampancy....

but i dont think rampancy is the problem with prometheans

I know they are A.I.'s. But how do we know that some of them aren't meant to be orange? The Cryptum that we saw had orange on it, but it could just be normal for that area of Forerunner work. Remember 049 Abject Testament from Halo CEA terminals? How he was red? And the other monitors with various colors such as green, etc from the CEA terminals? Orange may very well be the inferior and less advanced Promethean A.I.'s

I know they are A.I.'s. But how do we know that some of them aren't meant to be orange? The Cryptum that we saw had orange on it, but it could just be normal for that area of Forerunner work. Remember 049 Abject Testament from Halo CEA terminals? How he was red? And the other monitors with various colors such as green, etc from the CEA terminals? Orange may very well be the inferior and less advanced Promethean A.I.'s

good point with the monitor colors. but i read an article on the halopedia website about ramapncy and stuff. It said orange meant rampancy, but i wonder why the monitors had different colors??

but i think the Didact's crytum being orange is a sign that he is evil. His previous symbol has been seen as blue, but in the halo 4 trailers, it is orange. Something has to have changed with the Didact for his symbol to become orange as well as significant number of the prometheans

didact___symbols_by_lopez_the_heavy-d52m5ja.png

sorry that in this pic the symbol is red. i couldnt find a good comparison with an orange one. But also notice that the symbol has turned......maybe like turning from good to evil??

Red doesn't only mean corruption. It also signals combat mode.

well the symbol from the campaign trailer isnt actually red, its orange. Its the same glowing orange as the orange EMP that disabled the Infinity, the orange prometheans, and the floating orange cryptum that scanned chief