I have it figured it out! (I think!)

slayerofall442

Something wants off requiem and from what "sierra 1117 says" in a post from "The Cortana theory" thread, that something wants to use the infinty,well the implication is there or that something can take over the captain or subvert a human and may well have compromised requiem but can't get off.

Well the thing that wants off of requiem doesn't want to use the infinity, but has another way off the planet. The cutscene starts with Del Rio saying "The Infinity cannot handle that kind of puncture, not again." to which Cortana replies "It's not about us or the ship anymore.". This makes me think that ajohn and Cortana are planning to perhaps sacrifice the Infinity to prevent "him" from getting off of requiem. Think of the end of Prometheus, where the captain of the ship slams the ship into the engineers ship.

Just as 343GuiltySpark managed to transfer his mind to another body after being destroyed, I think the Timeless One transfered his mind to another body... maybe the Gravemind...

While it is possible the Timeless one did transfer its mind into another entity, you need to know that the monitor in priordinium was not 343 guilty spark. If you look at the book again, you can see the O.N.I. science team speaking to the monitor aren't sure about it's identity, they simply label it 343 G.S. so they can gain more attention and funding. I read a theory somewhere on the halo waypoint forums that said that Chakas's monitor was split into 7 fragments, the halo array monitors. This is supported by the fact that the monitor says something like "I see one of me has already given you trouble." Priordinium is a set a few years after the events of Halo 3. So that could only mean he's referring to Guilty Spark. When it was stated that the monitors voice was similar to Guilty Sparks, it was because Spark was a fragment of Chakas

Sierra 1117,have you got a link to that cutscene? or is it here somewhere?

remember when chakas and the young african girl with her grandfather were travelling towards her Geas and found that thousands of humans were blindly being led into whatever but it's safe to say that it was to be processed into flood forms? that's where the Primordial could've updated it's new selves and updated itself in the process or anytime during the 43 year gap.

Sorry, was away from the machine for a bit.

It's a collective consciousness creature,it's singular parts are just parts but get it within range of it's other parts and communication and data flow begins hence the word "collective" i can't remember which book it had it in but the author went into great detail about the flood and how it moved it's parts around on a prison ship as it stalked a group of soldiers.

I would say it communicated via pheromones and possibly telepathy when shifting it's selves around.It could lose whole sections of itself but retain the minds that those parts originally came from.

Therefore when parts of the creature encounters other parts from distant worlds they update each other,the primordial was a gravemind but not a separate entity.Why else have mendicant bias activate the geas beacon to draw in those humans on the halo that chakas found himself on?If it's confusing then bring down a ebook called "The dragon never sleeps" by Glen cook 1987,old sci-fi and totally confusing but you will understand how a system can be managed across the galaxy if we could clone ourselves from a master file system,from a military perspective you could lose whole armies in the field but have them back up and running as fast as the gene tanks could spew them out,even recreate ships lost in battle with it's crews exactly the way they were before they were lost.i pulled it from a torrent as i couldn't find it out there in today's world,trust me read this book and you will understand the flood system.

Ok, Halo 2,the grave mind is on the halo then it's on high charity but the grave mind was a huge immobile venus flytrap?so how did it get itself to high charity?

hang on i was wrong,it retains the memories of it's victims and possibly the minds but they are slaved to the collective and can't operate on their own.I don't think a gravemind can move around once it gets to a certain mass or gets fat,the primordial couldn't move on it's own though it was ancient,it moved it's leg but that broke off as it showed the didact that it's physical time was near.

Thanks sierra,just watched it,it must have been an early take as cortana says "Planet" rather than "world" in the offical trailer.

I think P-1609 has a really interesting theory. Precursors were a civilization known for being transentient life forms which means they could live like AIs and do this. With Flood being created by the AI and sharing many qualities such as transentience. The Graveminds are already able to control Flood forms from another galaxy with this and I'd say it is very possible for the Timeless One to have sent himself to a different body of a different Gravemind. Maybe is the at the top of all Graveminds? All in all I doubt he's gonna be in Halo 4 because 343 said that we will be seeing no Flood.

• Like 1

Thanks sierra,just watched it,it must have been an early take as cortana says "Planet" rather than "world" in the offical trailer.

She actually say planet in he official trailer, and it should be noted that these aren't the voice actors for chief and Cortana, they're simply mocap actors.

I don't think we should rule out seeing the precursors until we fully understand their relationship with the flood, even 343 said there'd be no flood in the game.

Well the thing that wants off of requiem doesn't want to use the infinity, but has another way off the planet. The cutscene starts with Del Rio saying "The Infinity cannot handle that kind of puncture, not again." to which Cortana replies "It's not about us or the ship anymore.". This makes me think that ajohn and Cortana are planning to perhaps sacrifice the Infinity to prevent "him" from getting off of requiem. Think of the end of Prometheus, where the captain of the ship slams the ship into the engineers ship.

Thanks for spoiling Prometheus for me.

• Like 2

She actually say planet in he official trailer, and it should be noted that these aren't the voice actors for chief and Cortana, they're simply mocap actors.

I don't think we should rule out seeing the precursors until we fully understand their relationship with the flood, even 343 said there'd be no flood in the game.

On the E3 walk through demo trailer she says "World" and the official E3 trailer,i recognized the woman playing cortana, I'm sure they used her for previous games as well.

One thing that must be put straight is that the flood regardless of where it's parts are is one creature,it can bring individual minds forward but that doesn't mean that that mind has free will,take for instance a gravemind on earth and a gravemind on the ark,the only difference between the two is levels of experience but eventually they will connect via it's mobile floodforms and eventually data passed through the mobiles will update each one,unless one gets totally eradicated.

The primordial at that time could've been the oldest part of the flood but it was not a singular being and it could've updated it's newer created selves while it was on chakas halo.One must look at the flood as a whole, not individual parts.

Has anyone come up with the idea that the "Test" the primordial told the didact of, that humanity will face, will be whether or not to wipe out all life in the galaxy? that by surrendering to the flood willingly instead of trying to stop it is the test? or firing the halo's to preserve life even though it is threatened by an all encompassing threat like the flood is wrong and not worthy of the carrying the cloak of the mantle.

Remember humanity was to be tested to see if it was worthy of the mantle and that the flood gave humanity a short reprieve of one hundred and one centuries and it used the term "Unity" and "Sweetness"

I'm going to reread the books again to see if i've got it right.

Well, there went my Prometheus experience...

The gravemind probably can move. And it is likely that there is more than one. Hence the "moving" from the Halo to High Charity to the Ark and back again.

I do not wish to contimue this but I am referring to the Gravemind. There can be only one at a time and the transfer to High Charity was because that gravemind kind of like killed itself kind of and then another Gravemind was reborn onto High Charity. I pretty sure anyways.