Halo 4 Specializations (after initial ranks)

Tallgeese

So as of Comic-Con, Frank and the team confirmed that after the "Initial" ranks that a player goes through they reach the "Specialization" ranks. They said the Specialization ranks will be something along the lines of "sniper", "gunner", "assisstant" etc. and you get Specialization specific armor/weapon skins, emblems etc.

My question is, once you successfully rank up through the initial ranks and choose a specialization, and once you fully rank up through the selected specialization such as "sniper", can you then choose to rank up through another specialization, such as "gunner"?

Thanks all for the help

i havent heard much info about this, but if you dont want to go through the trouble of unlocking all of this, buy the special edition game. You get a code for all specializations to unlock right away. I didnt exactly know what the specializations were until now, but i feel that i can get ahead start by buying the special edition and getting them all right away

Hopefully this doesn't mean that you can spawn with a sniper if you are a sniper specilization :(

This has been brought up a lot and no, you spawn with a "custom class." The class being

Main Weapon-BR, DMR, Carbine, Assault Rifle, or Promethean AR

Sidearm-Magnum

Grenade-Frag, Plasma, or Promethean Grenade

Perk

That is the formula that has been released but is subject to change, they have said that it will not change much more than that though. Considering how snipers are extremely powerful in Halo, it would just be silly to let us spawn with them.

Just as Sn4zzle said, if you choose "sniper" you do not start with the sniper rifle. it only means that you have enhanced traiet for sniping, aka less bob while scoped and moving, etc. The specializations they mentioned were "sniper", "gunner", "assisstant", and "heavy" so Im guessing gunner is Assault Rifle, and Heavy is rockets or shotgun. But the actual names may change when the game comes out.

Just as Sn4zzle said, if you choose "sniper" you do not start with the sniper rifle. it only means that you have enhanced traiet for sniping, aka less bob while scoped and moving, etc. The specializations they mentioned were "sniper", "gunner", "assisstant", and "heavy" so Im guessing gunner is Assault Rifle, and Heavy is rockets or shotgun. But the actual names may change when the game comes out.

Am I the only one who thinks that this might just be a terrible gameplay mechanic?

you dont spawn with any special weapons, that would ruin the balance of halo that is becoming questionable with custom loadouts. It would keep things simpler if it only earned you cosmetic changes( armor/weapon skins, etc.) I read an article about specializations and i seems like a new thing that you have to level up in. Once you obtain the highest level in a certain class, you can begin to advance in a different class. For example, i reach the highest rank of gunner, so now i may start leveling up my rank with sniper. It is still a topic that little is know about. I hope to find more info soon

@Victory Element: you are correct that you get specialization specific armor, weapon skins, but at the Comic Con panel they also said that the specializations will carry traits for the specializations you choos, such as less bob while scoped sniping etc.

I too hope that this does not cause any issues with gameplay balance. And I think your idea is correct, once one specialization is maxed you move onto the next. I was just looking for more clarification.

@Victory Element: you are correct that you get specialization specific armor, weapon skins, but at the Comic Con panel they also said that the specializations will carry traits for the specializations you choos, such as less bob while scoped sniping etc.

I too hope that this does not cause any issues with gameplay balance. And I think your idea is correct, once one specialization is maxed you move onto the next. I was just looking for more clarification.

i didnt know about the special traits and such. Do you know if the traits will take the place as one of your "perks"(i forget the name) in your loadouts?? Or do you assign the trait to a certain loadout(without affecting the perks and such)?? or do the traits apply only when you have a certain weapon? sorry for all the questions. I just want to learn as much as possible about the specializations

@Victory Element: I dont know if the specialization traits take the place of one of the other perks. they did not elaborate on that. it still seems like a very hush hush element of the game. I would think that once you level a specialization it becomes an additional trait but who knows