Interviews with Stars of the Community Volume 6: Adam

Drizzy_Dan

Another late interview this week. I should move these back to Tuesdays haha. This week I interviewed another one of my best friends on the forums and esteemed member of our very own News Group: adamj004. Adam resides in "the worlds local pub" - Ireland thus making our timing for the interview a little tough, but we got it done! And here is how it went down:

DD: "How were you informed of your position on the News Group when you received it? Were you all of a sudden a member of News Group with no warning or was there a PM involved or something?"

AJ: "I was PM'd by Absolute Dog and also I think Spectral Jester too asking if I would be interested in news group after posting new infomation on Halo 4 quite alot and support given to me by fellow members such as yourself choot'em and many others, so I gladly accepted the position."

DD: "I had been pushing for you to become News Group for a while I was so happy for you when I found out you got it, but you didn't tell me! Anyway since then you've never been short on your news, you always have good Halo 4 info. What are your main sources for the news you find?"

AJ: "You have been pushing me for news group for a while and that was a huge help to me and I will always be grateful for the support, I think I found out I got promoted not too long before you noticed lol. My main sources for news would be gameinformer, halo.xbox.com, xbox magazine, IGN and also searching for any neogaf comments that would be useful on google."

DD: "You check a lot of relevant Halo related sources. How many Halo forums are you a member of?"

AJ: "I check as much and as often as I can, I am a member of only two forums my number one forum being our very own 343i.org and I am also a member of halo.xbox.com."

DD: "Woo! We are superior! And what do you like the most about this forum compared to Waypoint's? I know this is a lot of pressure but that's what the interview's for, we wanna know about you and why you like it here! :D"

AJ: "What I like more about here than waypoint is that it's alot more friendly and mature, and by mature i dont mean by age i mean by peoples attitude, theres alot more law and order here thanks to our fantastic mods and theres practically no hate or trolling not just because the mods remove that sort of thing immediately more because the mods dont need to remove things like that because the people here dont do that sort of thing, but if there is the mods are quick to react and they sort it out, and mainly every one respects each other and its a lot of fun here."

DD: "I agree completely, well said Adam. So being on the News Group, do you ever feel like there's a competition for news between the two members sometimes?"

AJ: "No I don't think theres competition Tyrael and I have given each other names of websites and sources to look for any infomation to help each other out, yeah sometimes if I find a new piece of info sometimes I feel a little eager to get it up but I dont sense any competition in it we always compliment each other when each of us brings some news. Feels more like a team effort."

DD: "That is excellent! I love how devoted you both are, really I appreciate all the news you guys give this forum and I think it gets taken for granted by a lot of members and goes unappreciated. So you are one of the staff members who do not have an award yet. What are your ideas so far?"

AJ: "That's right I havnt made an award yet. I'm just having trouble coming up with an idea I'm trying to think of one were it's a challenge and the members have to win it like Tyrael's Wings award as I recall it [was] awarded if a challenger beats him in 1v1 game of halo reach which I attempted and failed lol, but I wouldnt be a good enough player to make the award tough to win.

As being Irish I was trying to think of an award that could relate to it, the award could be a little clover or shamrock or something associated with Ireland but what would the reason be for earning the award is what I can't think of lol but I'm sure I will think of something."

DD: "I think that'd be very interesting and I wouldn't mind receiving an award created by you! What's a goal you want to accomplish soon on the forums?"

AJ: "I will keep trying to come up with an Idea for an award I want it to be a good one so hopfully one comes to mind soon, as for the next goal I want to accomplish well becoming News Group was and still is a huge sccomplishment, an unexpected one that is haha, next thing I want to do is reach 1000 posts im so near yet so far from it lol, its just a small goal I would like to get to but i really want to participate in a playdate as I have yet to do so, sometimes I have been working and with the different time zones I have missed it but I will make sure to get involved in them more in the future it seems to be a lot of fun."

DD: "Very modest goals, you've always been modest Adam :D. You're known to be nocturnal by many, like you never sleep and I don't know how you do it. I might be the only one who wants to know this but what keeps you up so late?"

AJ: "Thank you very much dan you are very complimentary I always appreciate it, my sleeping situation is messed up lol it's my job that makes my sleeping pattern all mixed up, sometimes I finish late then have to start again in another 8 hours so quite often I go into work without any sleep and sometimes I dont start until late afternoon which allows me to stay up a lot later, in fact I dont have to start until 4pm it's only 5am now I will still have enough time before I have to go to sleep I have been up for 24hours today."

DD: "That is unbelievable. It makes me laugh out loud haha alright so what do you like to do when you're not on the site giving everyone news and making good posts?"

AJ: "When I'm not on the site I meet up with my firends grab a drink or two when im off work, when I'm in the house I usually have a go on the xbox and just be lazy lol."

DD: "That's the life. That's what I'm doing this summer haha. So Adam this interview's coming to a close can you grace the newer members of the forums with your words of advice for being a good member?"

AJ: "Haha hope you have a good one. My advice for being a good member is basically be friendly and show a nice attitude I've been to other sites and seen a lot of flaming and trolling etc and it puts people off from the site, sites like this are meant to be fun and have a good laugh and have good discussions. If you do these things you cant go wrong and it makes it better place for yourself and everyone else."

That's it! Thank you Adam for your time, I'm glad we got it done. I have to thank the forum for always giving me positive feedbacks on these I appreciate it. This is the end of my set list so I'll be choosing on the fly from now on so anyone reading this could possibly get a PM soon so look out!

• Like 9

Great job both Adam and Danny! I look forward to Adam's news and these interviews! You both set another level to the forum making it that much more of a community, like when families in the 40's would gather together and listen to the radio wondering what was going on overseas. News group tells us what is going on in the front lines of the video game business and Dan, you ease our wait. Again, great job!

• Like 2

Wow adam!! Well spoken as always! I, for one, am very glad you received the promotion. You always gave 110% here, finding the latest Halo news and delivering it when we needed it the most.

Great job Drizzy! These really are some interesting interviews!

- Choot :thumbsup:

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...