Halo 4 - Ideas from Dedicated Players

DerpWithAGun

Hey Guys,

I created this thread because I have found so many players complaining about Armor abilities and the new game play footage of Halo 4 in general. There is no proof anywhere that states AA's are confirmed in Halo 4. This thread will mainly focus on ONLY opinions from only players who have played Halo for a very long time. It is too early for anyone to say AA's are in Halo 4. Sprint could just be a basic function now. I'm making this thread so I can see what the fans want out of Halo 4 and how to make it a great game so we can tell 343i all these ideas when more information about the AA's, ect have been released. This thread is merely speculation.

I am going to list all of the important parts that we know about Halo 4 and the complaints that people have been saying about them. I will also put a few questions in there that you should think about and agree or disagree to. Dedicated Players only will have a valid post here. Anyone else who is not a dedicated player, you're posts are invalid. How am I going to know your a dedicated player? Well, you must provide a link of your Halo 3 gamer card from Bungie.net which must show that you have played at least 1000 Ranked games on Halo 3. ONLY Halo 3, Reach does NOT count.

1. AA's - Sprint has been confirmed. Jetpack/ Thruster pack may be in the game. Hologram has been seen in the game play footage but not confirmed. Many complaints about AA's, too many to list, everyone knows what they are anyway. Should AA's be a pickup?? I really want to see the majority of posts here about fixing AA's, as they are the root of all the troubles.

2. "The Look" of the game. Graphics are awesome. The game may have similar lighting effects as Halo: Anniversary Campaign - Not confirmed. People are saying it looks too much like Crysis 2.

3. "The Feel" of the game. Getting people that are saying it doesn't feel like halo anymore. The game feels like CoD due to the customizable loadouts and realistic gun sounds - They are NOT classes, loadouts and classes are two different things. The game might use sounds that are realistic. 343i would probably edit the sounds and make them sounds more like halo. As seen on the gamepaly footage, in my opinion the sounds are different but I'm sure I'll get used to them quickly.

4. Customizable loadouts. How do you think it should work? Frank confirmed that you CANNOT start out with power weapons. Take a guess on how 343i are planning to implement the loadout system. Post some ideas of your own on how it should work. People are saying that custom loadouts is going to be like CoD. Frank also mentioned that they are doing something very un-similar to CoD.

5. Ranking and progression system. cR or XP? Halo 3, Halo 2 or Halo: Reach ranking system? Which do you like the most and why. Also come up with your own ideas for the ranking system. Competitive or not competitive? Progression system based on skill or how much time you have played? (I really hate the ranking system for Reach)

6. Game Variants: Too many or not enough? Should Halo 4 have as many variants as Reach or less? There are many useless gametypes in Reach such as Squad slayer, Team Slayer, TU ZB Slayer and TU Slayer. They should all be just one game variant. Agree or disagree? You're own opinion please?

Rules:

Only post if you are or were a dedicated Halo 1, Halo 2 or Halo 3 player. Show proof of this that you have played 1000 games in Ranked Halo 3. Post a link or screenshot of your Bungie.net gamercard.

If you post and you do not show proof or you are not a dedicated player, your post will be invalid and. I DON'T CARE if this is against freedom of speech, I only want experienced players to post. An experienced player has knowledge. He knows what the fans want and he understands how the core gameplay works and which parts are popular or unpopular.

Okay people! Post away! Remember to post a link to your Halo 3 gamercard, don't bother to post if you're gamercard does not say 1000 games played, Halo 3 ranked playlist. Post all your ideas, thoughts, feedback, criticisms, everything! Please no fights in this thread, keep it clean, calm and friendly.

Note: My gamercard does not show that I have 1000 games played on Halo 3. I never had Xbox Live back then when Halo 3 was out, neither for Halo 2. I did play Halo 1 A lot. So to avoid being flamed or called a hypocrite, I will not post any ideas. I did play every Halo game to a very large amount. More the campaign though. I played countless hours of online at my mates house because I didn't have live. Then one day he sucked me into getting Live. Best mistake I ever made! :)

Also: Anything else I should add to this thread please say it. I will add it ASAP if it is reasonable enough.

EDIT: Let me clear this up. I only want players who have had a large amount of gameplay on previous Halo titles simply because they were the best. Reach was the mostly hated out of the whole franchise. If we base our opinions and state our ideas based on Reach, then we could get a whole entirely different game that could split the fanbase in-half again. By basing our ideas on Halo 3 or any previous title before that, we can say: Halo 3 had the largest playerbase than all the other halo games. Why was this? Why did Halo 3 become such a success and Reach hated on? We can see from the trailers on Halo 4 that armor abilities MIGHT BE returning. If 343 wants to keep armor abilities and it doesn't look good from their previews, at least well have all the infomation on this thread that we can give to 343i and say: "fans don't like the way you have implemented this and that, here some ideas longtime players have written for you." I'm not hating of everyone who loves Reach more than Halo 3, it's just Halo 3 was the most loved in the franchise. Please understand what I'm trying to say here and don't get me wrong, I love Reach.

Edited by DerpWithAGun
  • Like 3

http://www.bungie.net/stats/halo3/careerstats.aspx?player=ol%20l3th4l%20lo

343 if your reading this, please look at halo 3's multiplayer for 4's, I garuntee halo 4's success if you use the ranking system of 3's, maybe take away armor abilities ( definatly armor lock and invisible) also look at halo 3's forge for insparation, everything from 3 was perfect. I have played countless hours on it and have had multiple accounts, the account I posted isn't the only one. oversheilds, inviso, equipment, thats all good. armor abilities should be pick ups or have just sprint and jet pack as a loadout IF you can incorparate it in the game to work well with the maps and all. I am not worried about campaign as it has been amazing through every game even reach. Just try and look at Halo 3 more and don't move far from that great experience. Customization on more and more things is usually bad like you see in COD. Call of Duty 4 was amazing and as it went on it got less and less good. I definatly forgot lots of things but thats the main thing I have to say. Thanks for reading.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Halo3/Default.aspx?player=Skittlze

ya you could kinda say im well rounded cause i like to go and play ranked social and custom (even tho the community is now so fractured and broken not much of it exists)

anywhoooo... first of all H3 was amazing and was a good way to show that you can move a game forward without ruining its past it still represents halo 1 and 2 unlike reach.

AA...they sucked an old halo fan would realize that they changed the game from halo to something different. and while i like being able to get around the map with sprint and jetpack, armor lock and invis were way to overpowered they messed up the gameplay and turned it into something that it never should have been. in halo you have to earn your ****. you want a high rank earn it. you want a power weapon earn it. you want ov earn it. when i say earn i mean beat everybody else. in halo 1 2 and 3 you got good weapons by killing the person who had them and taking out the top dog. controlling weapons spawns and the power points of the map. so if you wanted ov or invis you had to be able to kill everybody else who wanted to get them first. starting everybody out with power ups at the begginning of the match ruined it. in halo classics the power ups gave you an advantage and in reach you could either take the advantage and slow down gameplay or take the manuverability and be at a disadvantage in a fight.

I think that the looks of H4 are awesom idc if they look like a different game as long as you can tell its halo and it plays like halo. plus the S-IVs that everybody saw are probably the basic versions you start out with. after the armor gets customized then they will look completly different.

I dont think that reach even feels like halo at all.

after watching this video today i had a warm feeling inside me. this is halo and this is what it is about. It has always been the community that has made halo so great so to all of the community map designers, forgers, hlg, mlg, halo tracks and any other halo group i wanna say thanks. Halo is about fun and many people find that fun in different ways and that was something halo 3 was amazing at.

customizable load outs... i already posted this somewhere so imma go find it

we all know they have armor loadouts so i'm sick of people bitching about that jeez :rant: your not gonna change anything by now the games being polished :drinks: not thought up. also having customization doesnt put players on different starting levels it actually can help everybody. for example :whip: :down:

if i like to be a support player and sit back with a DMR(assuming they are in H4) then thats my choice and can be how i choose to help my team. they can have 2 DMR players on their team and then double team me from a distance essencially overpowering my distance shooting

BUT! then i would have 3 people at mid to close range with either BRs or ARs so my 3 teamates can rush and going 3-2 would overpower their close to mid range players and being able to get up close to their distance players who are using DMRs. Essencially it adds statagy and allows everybody to be happy because everybody can use what they enjoy playing with. :robo:

furthermore, if they add weapon customization. :down: READ THIS :down:

My DMR is essencially a long range weapon so one of the most important parts of it would be the scope. if i got to pick between a longer range scope with a smaller reticle then i would have a larger advantage at a distance because i would be able to get headshots from farther away. but if they came closer to me then it would be harder for me to hit them but easier for them to hit me.

as long as something needs to be sacraficed then weapon customization starts everybody off on the same level

well what about for an automatic weapon like an AR?

well if you make an AR more powerfull but decrease the clip size then you can get the kill faster BUT! you would have to get closer because if you miss a few bullets then you would have to reload and then u die. or if you increase rate of fire then your weapons recoil or bloom would make it harder for you to utilise all of your bullets.

or you could choose to go in with a pistol and go for the close up head shot because you are good with a trigger finger or simply keep it as a back up if you run out of ammo

BR?

well a br is already a mid-long range weapon depending on your skill so itd be affected by both scope and changing the power or speed

while i never wanted any customization in H4 it is likely that it will be in. so my suggestion to everybody who is complaining about it is to think of how 343 can balance it instead of bitching about it.

Ranks

I loved halo 2s ranking system it was hard but fair. to me competing is about winning a losing so thats what you should be judged on. And the arena failed here because it gave individual ranks so people didnt care about the team only themselves.

halo reachs ranking system also fails because there is no real system to rank the skill of the player. the credits are a great way to buy and upgrade armor but they dont say how good people are only how much they have played and how many credits they have farmed in firefight.

Last Reach broke the halo community. there are still a lot of people here who love halo but the majority have left because of reach. when reach came out it was a dissapointment and split the community between halo 3 and halo reach. then reach split the community between halo reach and classic slayer. then halo reach halo zb tu classic there are just too many small variations its all really slayer.

So this is what i think halo 4 needs

go back to picking up power ups and AA

im actually happy to start with sprint but thats it. throw some jet packs around the map that can be traded for sprint and some power ups like camo overshield bubleshield and maybe a toned down version of Armor lock

Looks im happy with so far even though i dont have a lot to judge on

we need to wait and see how 343 is doing custom loadouts but i feel like they should be more about personalizing the start of the game then changing how you play completly

a competetive ranking system that judges winning and losing because thats the goal of the game!

and a game that 343 can stand behind from the start without changing it over and over and over agian

• Like 2

Why do those who play reach not count? Am I not a dedicated member? Is my opinion invalid due to the fact I love Reach, and I only mildly enjoy H3? That's garbage. Am I not dedicated because I didn't play much H3? Wow. See, the thing is, even by saying this, you are being just as bad as all the haters. You are hating on Reach, and saying that it isn't Halo, so if you play and enjoy it, you can't be a "dedicated Halo fan." I think you really need to think about and evaluate what you just said.

As for the complaints, that is just a matter of opinion. I love AAs. Does that make me an idiot. No. It makes me someone who is open minded and can adapt to change.

• Like 3

I will list one of three accounts that qualify for posting in your thread. Absolute Dog. I have two others that span H2 and H3, but this one works. I will offer a quick over view of my Halo gaming experiences. I started with Halo CE with my nephews upon it's release playing custom and LAN games. I played Halo 2 initially on one of their accounts, then purchased my own system. From then on I have played on a total 8 personal accounts, 5 of which are still active. I began online MM in Halo 2 as an almost complete noob. My nephews never taught me the only game they could beat me in. I played skirmish, for the most part, to learn how to play the game and acquire kills. I became more competitive as my skill increased and would occasionally stick my nose into ranked play until I felt confident enough that I could compete. From that point on through the present I have played a strong mix of ranked variants, social game types and literally hundreds campaign runs on Halo CE, 2 and 3.

I have always been an ardent lover of Halo and had the same draw to the game like so many others. I spent so much of my free time on Halo 2 and 3's MM, it's not even funny. I missed work, skipped social events, played for days straight, you name it. I love Halo. The one thing I found when Reach hit was that the love was gone. Not my love for Halo, but it's love for me. It was no longer any true reflection of the games I had played for so long. I have posted my thoughts clearly here and feel they speak my mind on all of what I and others feel. Get us back to a point where Halo 3 left off and continue the franchise with the core elements that made the games Halo.

• Like 3

http://www.bungie.net/stats/halo3/careerstats.aspx?player=Destroyaaa

Unfortunately I highly doubt 343i will actually take into consideration any of these ideas at this stage of the game. They should know by now what they want to do with the game.

I'm going to make this quick because like I said, they know what they want to do.

To me, AA's aren't a huge deal I play a lot of MLG and they dont have them to start. It can be a bit annoying at times but it does add a new element to the game that I dont mind too much. It isnt what made Reach less fun.

What did make Reach less fun was a combination of that + DMR + Bloom. DMR is pretty much a sniper and it shrinks the size of any map you are playing because of its range. Bloom is something that was brand new to Halo and should never belong in this game. Bloom slowed down the game because you have to time your shots.

Vehicles in Reach are also pretty bad because you can just get your teammates to DMR them to death. Halo 3 had the perfect vehicle health system.

I think customizeable loadouts will be choices such as

1. Starting with plasma grenades or frags

2. BR or Plasma rifle

3. Plasma Pistol as a secondary or regular pistol

I doubt it will be anything drastic

Ever since the title update, I got back into Reach. Playing MLG has began to somewhat feel like halo again. MLG has zero bloom and faster walking speed so I think thats what did the trick. Halo 4 is going to be a competitive game as Frank O' Conner said so I am excited for that.

The ranking system needs to be a combination of halo 2, 3, and reach. For each ranked playlist, you need a exp system like halo 2's. You also need a rank like in reach up to Inheritor where you earn credits after each game for armor and other stuff to unlock. This system would have ranked and social playlists and would satisfy all gamers.

I am excited for halo 4 and I think they will have similar ideas as to what I just came up with for the game. There are other minor issues I missed but this is the big picture.

• Like 1

Why do those who play reach not count? Am I not a dedicated member? Is my opinion invalid due to the fact I love Reach, and I only mildly enjoy H3? That's garbage. Am I not dedicated because I didn't play much H3? Wow. See, the thing is, even by saying this, you are being just as bad as all the haters. You are hating on Reach, and saying that it isn't Halo, so if you play and enjoy it, you can't be a "dedicated Halo fan." I think you really need to think about and evaluate what you just said.

As for the complaints, that is just a matter of opinion. I love AAs. Does that make me an idiot. No. It makes me someone who is open minded and can adapt to change.

I think this topic should be directed towards people who did find halo 2 and 3 better than Reach. The wording he used to disregard your opinion is offensive and I understand why you are angry about that. Many people feel that Reach didn't have the same winning formula as the previous games and this topic is meant to get that formula back. That is an opinion we are entitled to. I hope that clears it up.

• Like 3

I have only had an online profile since early December 2011, and when i got it, it reset everything i had for halo 3. I have also played halo 2 and combat evolved almost since they first came out, so does my voice count in this discussion? In fact, the only Halo game i haven't played at all is Halo CEA. I have played all the others extensively.

• Like 1

I have only had an online profile since early December 2011, and when i got it, it reset everything i had for halo 3. I have also played halo 2 and combat evolved almost since they first came out, so does my voice count in this discussion? In fact, the only Halo game i haven't played at all is Halo CEA. I have played all the others extensively.

Per his requirements to post, if you have only played online since last year and do not have the 1,000 ranked games it appears not to in this threads parameters.

Please don't turn this into an off topic debate.

http://www.bungie.ne...%20AngelofDeath

This account is my original, got my 50's on a new account, which takes me to my first point. This game MUST have a visible skill system and ranked playlist. The competitive play got POOCHED in Reach, and I sold my xbox. The only thing that needs to be reworked is rank lock. If someone is a baller player and creates a new account and gets to 50 in a short amount of time thats fine because they are baller and deserve a 50. But don't let players get stuck after a while. We get better the more we play so it only makes since.

Bring back competative ranking and look at the this thread to see some great ideas on how to do it : http://www.343indust...ranking-system/

Edited by Absolute Dog
Single word edit for obvious reasons.
  • Like 1

http://www.bungie.ne...layer=CAVEMANcr

http://www.bungie.ne...=CAVEMANcr&sg=0

1. AA's: I like the idea of starting with sprint as it is the only one I really use anyway (except for using hologram on noobs (hilarious)). As for others like jetpack, active camo, etc. , I am fine with them being pickups. Armour lock is annoying and I honestly would prefer if it wasn't included (except for in special game types like in Action Sack: I'm thinking of a slayer variant 'Rocket Lock', everyone has rockets and armour lock.).

2. The 'Look': I have no complaints, looks amazing.

3. The 'Feel': Personally I think the more customization the better ( as long as gameplay is balanced ). As for the realistic gun sounds, the bottom line is guns are still guns; they sound like guns. Yes it is set in the 26th Century, but that is why there are futuristic weapons.

4. Customizable loadouts: Sounds like COD, but could work if implemented properly; weapons: see Destroyaaa's post, AA's: Maybe the ability to tweak sprint stamina and speed (more speed for less time, or less speed for more time). I don't recall 343 saying anything about this. I do know they said 'everything you do in MM effects your Spartan's career' , and that armour customization will effect gameplay.

5. Ranking and Progression System: This should be a combination of three things: A modified version of H3's skill system, Reach's rank system, and something new. I liked H3's skill system, however I found myself outmatched way too often, as it put too much emphasis on each individual playlists and did not focus on 'overall skill'. Reach's rank system works much like my understanding of a real military system which puts emphasis on experience not skill. This should be incorporated in someway to ensure all armour variants are available to all players, not just highly skilled players. And finally, someting new. 343 said they would incorporate something that hasn't been in a halo game before. I trust they will do something unexpected and awesome.

6. Game Variants: Keep it simple. Two slayer variants (classic and updated with AA's or whatever), Snipers, CTF, Zombies, KOTH, Assault, Griffball, etc. and some new ones to keep gameplay fresh. The reason I want two slayer variants is different players like differnt things. This should be enough variety to keep most happy.

@343: Stay innovative and give us something new. I don't want to spend $70 on an updated version of something I already have. I liked Reach better than H3, but I think it is because of smoother gameplay (less lag) and better graphics, not AA's. Reach seemed to be much more refined than H3. I can't wait for H4!

Also I must add to the Ranking System: Gives us something that ranks us based on the last 50 or 100 games that we play. I find myself to be quite streaky and I think the ranking system should reflect this.

Edited by Absolute Dog
Amended a double post.

Also I must add to the Ranking System: Gives us something that ranks us based on the last 50 or 100 games that we play. I find myself to be quite streaky and I think the ranking system should reflect this.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Halo3/Default.aspx?player=Skittlze

YES.

in halo 3 i started as a noob but after playing a lot i got good but all of the games i played getting good make it difficult to level up

http://www.bungie.ne...anG%20iZ%20BOSS

1. AAs are something i feel must go. If they are to be in H4 then they definitely have to be pickups. I know a lot of people like sprint but this is the worst addition added to the halo series. It just sucks the halo feel right out of the game. I know its already in so i am hoping 343 has some way to make it work.

2.The graphics look great but in all reality i dont play halo for the graphics. Its about gameplay. After a few weeks most people will barely pay attention to any of the aesthetics. Also i have no clue why it looking too much like crysis is a problem, crysis has phenomenal visuals.

3.The feel of the game is entirely dependent on how they implement sprint(or any AA's if they choose to add them), loadouts, and basically any addition foreign to the first 3 halo games. I have a lot of faith in this game since frankie seems to care just as much about halo as any true fan would.

4.Im still not psyched about loadouts but there isnt much that can be done about it now. Its just the more you add to customization of in game character the more this game transforms from a skill based shooter to situational game. I play halo because everyone starts out equal and what you do after that is entirely your doing. No unfair advantages from the get go and thats a must for a halo game.

5. The ranking system may be one of the biggest make or break components to H4. Bottom line it has to have something to separate skill. Its just logical that there be some sort of true skill ranking system so we play in our own tier. The combination of social and ranked is perfect. Best of both worlds and i dont see how anyone can really argue that.

6. The more gametypes the better IMO. As long as we still have the originals such has TS, TD, Oddball, KOTH, ect... then it will be fine. Unlike core game mechanics, more gametypes wont ever break halo. Its something that is a choice and doesnt have to be even used. If you dont like oddball then you dont play it. I see no downside as long as they dont force feed us the gametypes and they keep it in their respected playlists.

http://www.bungie.ne...anG%20iZ%20BOSS

1. AAs are something i feel must go. If they are to be in H4 then they definitely have to be pickups. I know a lot of people like sprint but this is the worst addition added to the halo series. It just sucks the halo feel right out of the game. I know its already in so i am hoping 343 has some way to make it work.

2.The graphics look great but in all reality i dont play halo for the graphics. Its about gameplay. After a few weeks most people will barely pay attention to any of the aesthetics. Also i have no clue why it looking too much like crysis is a problem, crysis has phenomenal visuals.

3.The feel of the game is entirely dependent on how they implement sprint(or any AA's if they choose to add them), loadouts, and basically any addition foreign to the first 3 halo games. I have a lot of faith in this game since frankie seems to care just as much about halo as any true fan would.

4.Im still not psyched about loadouts but there isnt much that can be done about it now. Its just the more you add to customization of in game character the more this game transforms from a skill based shooter to situational game. I play halo because everyone starts out equal and what you do after that is entirely your doing. No unfair advantages from the get go and thats a must for a halo game.

5. The ranking system may be one of the biggest make or break components to H4. Bottom line it has to have something to separate skill. Its just logical that there be some sort of true skill ranking system so we play in our own tier. The combination of social and ranked is perfect. Best of both worlds and i dont see how anyone can really argue that.

6. The more gametypes the better IMO. As long as we still have the originals such has TS, TD, Oddball, KOTH, ect... then it will be fine. Unlike core game mechanics, more gametypes wont ever break halo. Its something that is a choice and doesnt have to be even used. If you dont like oddball then you dont play it. I see no downside as long as they dont force feed us the gametypes and they keep it in their respected playlists.

You sir, said it perfectly.

Okay, you have a point but what I'm trying to say here is that Halo: Reach was the most hated Halo game in the series. It is an awesome game by the way. I do not hate it at all. You can check my gamercard and see all the Reach data I have. GT is TropicalBassett. I also never said AA's were bad, it does not make you an idiot because you like them. I like AA's but I don't think the way they have been implemented is correct. I only want people that have had a large amount of experience on previous, most loved halo games to have a valid point. If you have barely played Halo 3 then all you really understand about the gameplay of the Halo series is Halo: Reach. If you say you're opinion based on your experience with Halo: Reach, it's more likely that you post will be largely disagreed upon. Sorry to have angered you.

To everyone else, keep the posts going. Many of the ideas are great here! Remember to keep them realistic too. Keep on topic as well. :D

Sorry to everyone who's service record is gone, maybe I'll make an exemption but that will be a bit unfair. I'll think about it.

But I lost my halo 3 gt when my 360 went out =\

Besides you shouldnt just say screw reach because I dont like it!All the truly dedicated fans play reach.

I hope you are not reffering to me. I don't hate reach, I like it very much. As I said before it's the most hated halo game, most ideas based of experiences from Reach aren't going to go down well with other plays. Also, stay on topic, no more complaints about the thread itself.

But I lost my halo 3 gt when my 360 went out =\

Besides you shouldnt just say screw reach because I dont like it!All the truly dedicated fans play reach.

I'm not saying screw reach I'm saying base the style on the original classic feel of halo reach had good points sure but it isn't as good as halo 2 or 3s multiplayer

In halo 2 and 3 online multiplayer was so much more fun

I actually think halo reach has many amazing gametypes in custom games due to the awesomeness of forge world and forge 2.0

One of the things I care most about in h4 is bringing back the 1-50 ranks many old halo fans felt abandonned when reach didn't have this

How am I going to know your a dedicated player? Well, you must provide a link of your Halo 3 gamer card from Bungie.net which must show that you have played at least 1000 Ranked games on Halo 3

Stopped reading right there. Thats bull. How can you say "LOL URS OPINION DONT COUNT" just because I find Reach way better than Halo 3? This thread is so wrong, I cant discribe it.

How am I going to know your a dedicated player? Well, you must provide a link of your Halo 3 gamer card from Bungie.net which must show that you have played at least 1000 Ranked games on Halo 3

Stopped reading right there. Thats bull. How can you say "LOL URS OPINION DONT COUNT" just because I find Reach way better than Halo 3? This thread is so wrong, I cant discribe it.

Well from the look of it, it appears you havent played halo 2 or 3, and you have barely even played reach. Why do you think you know whats best for halo again?? So this thread still has a point. Its meant to get the opinions of longtime halo fans who have been here from the beginning. You know, when halo was still respected as a good game and wasnt in such poor shape. These opinions are important and you having only played reach consistently(barely) just dont have as much input into what can get halo back to where it needs to be. Nothing wrong with the thread, it has a purpose. if you dont like it then too bad, it wasnt meant for you anyways. We want to talk among people who have a long standing love of this game, not some bandwagoner who started playing the dumbed down version of halo that is reach.

• Like 1

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Halo3/Default.aspx?player=got+killcam&sg=1 - old account H3

http://www.bungie.net/stats/PlayerStatsHalo2.aspx?player=hypnotic360&sg=3 - H2

First off, I have played every Halo game made. Reach is a flop that should in way try to be recreated or copied. I am one of the many that left Reach because of it. I played CoD until recently when I found out about the ZB playlist. I came back to play ZB but started playing Reach with friends.

I like the ideas of using AAs as pick ups, but limit the types available. Sprint is fine, Evade is fine, and jet pack is OK, but please no Armor Lock or Camo. There is nothing worse than being killed by a camper with Camo and shotgun. Make it kind of like MLG where Sprint is given and you have to fight for the others.

Bloom doesn't look like it will return. Ecstatic!

The "look" of the game. Now, I personally don't care how a game looks. Sure I like detailed graphics...who doesn't? But saying it looks too much like Crysis 2 is absurd. How can you judge what H4 is going to look like based on a total of maybe 20 seconds of pre-beta gameplay. I don't care what H4 looks like as long as it "feels" like Halo.

The "feel" of the game is most important. Reach doesn't feel or play as well as previous Halo titles. It's slower, and gives n00bs too many avenues of escape rather it be sprinting away or armor lock (sometimes). 343i has confirmed its returning to the faster style of play which is awesome. I like the idea of realistic sounds. In the First Look video, they were shooting different kinds of weapons to try and match the sounds as close as possible. I think that's a great step forwards. It doesn't matter if Halo is supposed to be 500 years in the future. They are still using cartridge fired projectiles, so the sound probably wouldn't change much. It's still loud and still goes boom.

Customizable loadouts is a good idea. Everyone has their preferred weapon. Mine, of course, is the DMR or BR. If someone prefers an AR or Needlers, at least let them start with it. That is sure fire why to please everyone. Just don't make it like CoD where I can add an ACOG type sight for better zoom, or grenade launcher. Things like CoD perks have also been confirmed. I like the idea of a faster reload or longer sprint. But don't make it to where players have an unfair advantage.

Ranking System. I hope they have an actual rank system. You win so many, you rank up and vise versa. However, have the system use something for outliers. For instance, I am rank 30 and 1 game away from deranking. Next game, I go 24-4 but still lose because of n00bs, betrayers, derankers, whatever. Don't penalize me since I lost because I did awesome that game, but don't reward me neither because I didn't win. It sort of cancels out. Also, have cR for playing based on performance for purchasing armor add-ons. Have certain armor add-ons be specific to actual rank though too. Like in Halo 3, most everyone wanted Recon. Have special types of armor like that that only unlock for reaching a certain rank in MM. Giving people another incentive to play rank matches seriously.

Game Variants. Hopefully, with H4, there won't be such a split in the community about gameplay. Bloom/ less bloom/ no bloom, bleedthrough/ no bleedthrough, heatlth/ no health, etc. If they make a good game that a majority of the population likes, they won't need to have such a variety. Keep the basics of course, Slayer, Ball, KotH, CTF, Assault. I usually only play slayer so I'm good. But others I'm sure love BTB, Infection, and Invasion. Have something for everyone but no so many versions of the same gametype. (TU, vanilla, anniversary.)

Lokk to what made the franchise successful starting with CE and H2. These were IMO the best. I have faith 343i will do a great job because H4 is a pivotal game for the franchise. It will either WOW everyone and bring back old and new players, or it will be the demise of Halo. 343i knows this and I'm sure they will not disappoint.

• Like 1

I just thought of something for customizable loadouts. I know we won't be able to start with power weapons but here is an idea:

Right now the sniper rifle has two scope settings (i think 5x and 10x). I think we should be able to adjust these settings to whatever we want, and customize it to fit different maps. For a small map (Asylum / Cliffhanger) you could choose scope settings of say 2x and 5x, but for larger maps (Hemorrage / Highlands) you could have 5x and 10x.

Also if you don't use one of the scope settings very often, it would be nice to have the option to roll with just one (for small maps (2x or 3x) and for large maps go with a 5x or something).

I'm not sure how this would make sense with most gametypes other than snipers, (unless the default sniper scope is fully adjustable) but it would add a little more customization to the game without effecting balance.

The same could be done for the DMR and BR etc. (343 never said the DMR wouldn't be in H4)

Dude ill be honest and let you know I'm at work and cant be bothered to go look for all my old stats because you stated only dedicated people can post - Sorry don't mean to come across like a **** but didn't know you made the 343 forums and that we cant voice our opinion in ANY threads made so again who are you to tell people who can or can't post. If you want my GT's here they are below, should you have the time to go look at all my games from H2/H3 good luck going through them all as I've been a Halo fan from the start and playing from the start of H1 on LAN right the way through :)

Active GT's

Temper7antrum - H2

lL 4 lB - H3

L 4 to the B Y - H3

1. I think AA's should either be a pickup or not have any besides the standard over shield and Invis we all use too

2. Graphics will always get better with technology improving rapidly

3. the feel of the game will be different in every release, the loadouts there's not much that I see from the clips that we able to see but will have to wait and see on that one... Sounds do look good, they've used real life sounds for a lot of it :)

4. again with the loadouts its hard to say as we don't know much about it and how it will work so will have to see later...

5. Would prefer a ranking system similar to the ones they used in H2/H3 or one in-between the both, I did prefer how you ranked up during the H2 series and how you could still lose a game to not lose your rank, kinda sucked in H3 when you won tons of games and then outta the blue you would rank down after losing one

6. All i say is bring back the ranked game types and let those who don't want to play ranked matches have playlist's available to them which are more chilled, don't like how they changed it in Reach and I find that there's too many playlist's in the game than there is people playing the game