Forge 3.0 Ideas

BigMartin58

Forge 3.0 Idea  

57 members have voted

1. 1. How do you want forge mode to be?

• Forge world (like in reach but improved)
    • Geometry editor (Description below)
    • Forge solar system (description below)

Ok guys so i've had this idea for a long time and I wanted to share with some people. Do you guys think that Forge should continue being the same way it is, as in a pre-built map that you make maps on. Or an entirely blank canvas, that you create EVERYTHING from scratch or pre-loaded objects. You would start on a "nothing" map and then make the terrain, then select the sky texture, then select the time of day, the area the map takes place (halo ring, planet, death star, etc.), and so on and so forth... The third option I have thought of i a pre-built solar system in which you can travel all the way across the solar system and build your maps on different planets or rings within the solor system, and the tempurature differentiates depending on how far you are from the sun, and you can select the planets and move them closer or farther from the home star. Tell me what you guys think! :thumbsup: :laughing:

• Like 8

The first one is just normal Forge, which is what we have had for a long time, and its boring now. The second would be like FC2, which is amazing and has like the best map building engine ever, and we could top it.

The third however, would be out of this world, ha, see what I did there. That would be fantastic, we could see Sanghelios, Earth, Doisac and Bahalo. They should have like their species there, and the objects related to that world, but you can use them everywhere. Fantastic, make it happen.

• Like 4

The third option I have thought of i a pre-built solar system in which you can travel all the way across the solar system and build your maps on different planets or rings within the solor system, and the tempurature differentiates depending on how far you are from the sun, and you can select the planets and move them closer or farther from the home star.

oAVTB.gif

• Like 4

If you guys have never seen the Far Cry 2 map creator I suggest taking a look at it (Youtube probobly has nice vids of maps). The only reason I like that game is for that feature. If Halo would have a quality map creator like FC2 the community will have so many options and I dont think the game could ever die. (Btw, FC2 is a X360 game, its completly possible to have those abilities on consoles. In fact, past Far Cry games on the original Xbox had a better map editor then Forge).

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

The second option.I am to free to be creative without using a pre-made map. That is also benefical to famous forgers who need new terrians. I would honest pick the third option but it doesn't fit the forge category to me.

Your ideas would be very interesting to see in action but i think they would cause too much trouble. instead of creating your own terain, you should just be able to make cosmetic changes to a prebuilt map. Such as changing the terain from grass to sand, or having the sun be up or down. i would also like to able to make cosmetic changes the structures in forge. the forerunner style seems a little old to me now i would like to be able to give structures a more human or covenant like appearance. One more thing.... i would LOVE to control the weather

• Like 2

I would just love two things from the new forge.

1. The ability to control the weather. Imagine a map on the beach with a hurricane approaching from the sea. The hurricane can hit and cause visual changes for Matchmaking and even physical changes in custom games (such as wind speed throwing free floating items like crates and vehicles.)

2. The ability to use your forged maps in firefight. Re-imagine the map explained above, but turned into a survival map with 3 of your friends.

If I had these two things, I highly doubt I would ever have the need to play matchmaking.

• Like 2

The third option I have thought of i a pre-built solar system in which you can travel all the way across the solar system and build your maps on different planets or rings within the solor system, and the tempurature differentiates depending on how far you are from the sun, and you can select the planets and move them closer or farther from the home star.

oAVTB.gif

Why is that so funny? :mellow:

Maybe not in this console gen, but for Halo 5 that would be awesome!! Like a solar system with 2 or 3 planets you can put wherever you want, depending the temperature and enviroment style (like the type of plants, rocks, weather, presence of water) of how far you put them from the sun! Modeling the terrain of each planet like in the Far Cry 2 editor, and being able to travel to each other with spaceships from the UNSC/Covenant!! OMG lol. With 25 or 30 players simultaneously, and the possibility to introduce nice objectives stuff for 15 vs 15 like blowing the hole planet from the enemy team (maybe like the Assault game mode but much more epic :laughing:)

Wow, I think your idea is great BigMartin58, the more I think about it the more I want it!

Ok this is my idea:

First you choose a totally empty place totally all whit as in Far Cry 2 and you start from 0. Or you can also choose a started map as big as Forge World. And another bigggggg new place as forge world. If you choos this last one you can also add mountains rivers as Far cry 2. And you can also put forerunners structures as in halo reach wich in mayor the options are walls, doors, windows, buildings are forerunners. But i also like to put Humans things like walls doors. Finally the scenario menu is very empty in Halo Reach, when you make a map that has a specific place, like a laboratory, a castle a covenant base etc. A important thing is the enviroment like if you make a human base. You can put radios, barricades, chairs, things like that. Maybe is not very importan when you make a map but is very important when you make a video. I also want more Money much more money to waste.