The Official Halo 4 Forge Thread

that's it, somethings which are in past post are important too, (add them to the top)

About vehicles, people have been asking for:

scarab, sabre, seraph, short/longsword, and some vehicles from Halo Wars.

Moreover, I think we should be able to use each vehicle to the fullest; meaning, How came the falcon can't transport passengers? it should transport them and they should be able to fire their own weapons, no matter how difficult it can be.

Moreover, we should be able to use the pelican and phantom with all their capabilities, meaning, people could sit in the pelican to gain space to place two mongooses in the middle. furthermore, the pilot or co-pilot should be able to use the grapple to grab warthoughs or tanks to the back part or the pelican, as well as the phantom.

people've been asking to make firefight forgable and thus the ability to place AI's.

the ability to "glue objects" as RussianPenguin said is good and has already been mentioned as well. just imagine sme has to move piece by piece of his giant base or racetrack, just because it the end he found that it would look bad in that place or didn't fit or smth like that.

I think tere were more things but can't remember them now, will add if I remember,

• Like 4

that's it, somethings which are in past post are important too, (add them to the top)

About vehicles, people have been asking for:

scarab, sabre, seraph, short/longsword, and some vehicles from Halo Wars.

Moreover, I think we should be able to use each vehicle to the fullest; meaning, How came the falcon can't transport passengers? it should transport them and they should be able to fire their own weapons, no matter how difficult it can be.

Moreover, we should be able to use the pelican and phantom with all their capabilities, meaning, people could sit in the pelican to gain space to place two mongooses in the middle. furthermore, the pilot or co-pilot should be able to use the grapple to grab warthoughs or tanks to the back part or the pelican, as well as the phantom.

people've been asking to make firefight forgable and thus the ability to place AI's.

the ability to "glue objects" as jchalo30dst said is good and has already been mentioned as well. just imagine sme has to move piece by piece of his giant base or racetrack, just because it the end he found that it would look bad in that place or didn't fit or smth like that.

I think tere were more things but can't remember them now, will add if I remember,

i wrote the part with the glue and stuff in bold...i like credit :yahoo:

i wrote the part with the glue and stuff in bold...i like credit :yahoo:

changed, sorry about that.

I wrote this some weeks ago:

Since we're talking about Forge, we should enumerate some mistakes:

-Bungie acknowledged that a way of making an object disappear after a certain period of time or phase was a good idea, but did not included it in the game.

-Bungie said that they never had wanted to create an undo and redo option in the game. For the obvious reasons, this is wrong.

-As sme said earlier, a forge option for pc would be nice, this program could be free, as only halo-4-buyers will want to download it.

-When on forge, when you pick your screenshot and/or lights and etc, an object stays in the place in which you took your screenshot/ placed the light, (such objects are cameras and light orbs), these objects are "hard"; meaning, you can't pass through them or shoot trough them while on forge (they disappear in the game), and might create some difficulties when building around on Forge. This matter doesn't seem to me to be any difficult to solve.

• Like 3

That would be soooooo sick!!!! post links to this page so 343 just might see it. 343, were counting on you!!! :unworthy: :unworthy: :unworthy: :unworthy: :unworthy: :unworthy: :unworthy: :unworthy: :unworthy: :unworthy: :unworthy: :unworthy: :unworthy: :unworthy: :unworthy: :unworthy: :unworthy:

• Like 4

another good idea would be to be able to spawn larger structures such as the large beacons in the level halo and the map infinity. to make large maps better with larger structures. and be able to build underground so you can make underground tunnel systems. another would be light bridges. to bridge large gaps and generally improve the look of things. and be able to spawn human and covenant objects. that would be able to suit different people's preferences. another would be large pieces of ships instead of a whole ship. that way you could build a whole ship, or construct a crash site. and make it so objects not only have a rotational snap, but to be able to snap to other objects as well. that would make building structures easier and more efficient. and be able to make functional doors. you could put a door with a switch, or an automatic door. and connectible hallways of different designs. such as the human ones that use the square design with the airlocks or the massive forerunner hallways in halo ce. these are all object add ons of course so they are not very demanding on the game itself. and, this would make things interesting because there would be no way to tell who or what is on the other side of the door. you run to a door, hit the switch, and hello! another guy is on the other side and now you both fight to the death. that would be really fun.

• Like 7

I have posted many of these ideas myself on other topics, i read this one thinking "i am not the only one"

But we have to (unfortunately)remember that disc,though better than the floppy's, can only hold so much.

I have completely read every post, and frankly we (including me) are asking a lot from 343i.

But we are fans, and that is are job other than the one that gives us monies to pay for more halo games (F.T.W)

In order to insert all the ideas that we as forgers have in mind, we need to have 2 disc like O.D.S.T.

I know what some of you are thinking, "i hate switching discs over and over again", but to be honest i love everyone's ideas.

If you truly want pelicans, ammo clips, blood, AI spawning, forge-able firefight maps, etc. then we need a second disc.

I have work this out in my head and still can't figure out one thing...what do we move to the second disc?

We could move campaign and theater over and have more room for multiplayer/customs/forge/firefight...

...or we could move forge/firefight/customs to one disc by itself and have multiplayer/campaign/theater together.

there are many ways you could shift it but i would like your opinions on the 2 disc concept.

We may not like it, but it works.

I have work this out in my head and still can't figure out one thing...what do we move to the second disc?

We could move campaign and theater over and have more room for multiplayer/customs/forge/firefight...

...or we could move forge/firefight/customs to one disc by itself and have multiplayer/campaign/theater together.

there are many ways you could shift it but i would like your opinions on the 2 disc concept.

Mutiplayer on one, campaign on the other just like ODST.. They would have to keep stuff like theater on both of them if you wanted to record in campaign. As that was already a feature in the last two games.

If people complain about switching discs then you should buy there lazy ass a Wii and Wii Fit, then after a few weeks they may not be that freaking lazy! :unsure: *cough* Twam! *cough* :whistle:

• Like 4

In order to insert all the ideas that we as forgers have in mind, we need to have 2 disc like O.D.S.T.I know what some of you are thinking, "i hate switching discs over and over again", but to be honest i love everyone's ideas.If you truly want pelicans, ammo clips, blood, AI spawning, forge-able firefight maps, etc. then we need a second disc. I have work this out in my head and still can't figure out one thing...what do we move to the second disc?We could move campaign and theater over and have more room for multiplayer/customs/forge/firefight......or we could move forge/firefight/customs to one disc by itself and have multiplayer/campaign/theater together.there are many ways you could shift it but i would like your opinions on the 2 disc concept. We may not like it, but it works.

well, it depends on the size of the campaign, really. But, If we're not thinking about a campaign too big, I would say:

disk 1: campaign, forge, theatre

disk 2: multiplayer, custom games, firefight, theatre.

More on forge.

Yes, having switches would be good, as well as elevators. the idea of the elevator should be created in a way that we could create those things that appeared in Halo 2 which we used to move around between island in Delta Halo. (don't know the name)

Meaning, one should be able to create an object and tell it to move from A to B after pressing the switch X.

This reminds me of the creation of moving objects, imagine: sme creates two pirate ships, have them pass near each other and leave; good for a funny CTF or assault game, for example.

• Like 2

I have posted many of these ideas myself on other topics, i read this one thinking "i am not the only one"

But we have to (unfortunately)remember that disc,though better than the floppy's, can only hold so much.

I have completely read every post, and frankly we (including me) are asking a lot from 343i.

But we are fans, and that is are job other than the one that gives us monies to pay for more halo games (F.T.W)

In order to insert all the ideas that we as forgers have in mind, we need to have 2 disc like O.D.S.T.

I know what some of you are thinking, "i hate switching discs over and over again", but to be honest i love everyone's ideas.

If you truly want pelicans, ammo clips, blood, AI spawning, forge-able firefight maps, etc. then we need a second disc.

It seems like most people are alright with this and i think its a great idea. :thumbsup:

Plus 343 could create new sort of game types that halo hasn't seen yet or wants to be seen and expand even farther than bungie did

• Like 1

here's a great idea, instead of cramming everything on one disc, make the game a 2 disc set. one could have the campaign, while the other contains the multiplayer content. that would allow for major expansion on both the campaign and multiplayer. more detail and a longer campaign on disc one, and more multiplayer content and enhanced forge on disc 2. its a plus for everyone.

• Like 3

here's a great idea, instead of cramming everything on one disc, make the game a 2 disc set. one could have the campaign, while the other contains the multiplayer content. that would allow for major expansion on both the campaign and multiplayer. more detail and a longer campaign on disc one, and more multiplayer content and enhanced forge on disc 2. its a plus for everyone.

you sir took a great idea and made it even better. i 100% agree with this

i would LOVE there ideas, BUT remember some of your points could put severe strain on the game adn it would lag like hell, if done normally. But adding a scrarab or Locust(from halo wars) would be AWESOME. And maybe AA wraiths like the ones i Halo 3 :w00t:

• Like 3