The Weekly Site Poll 50 - Nintendo Switch Impressions

I_Make_Big_Boom

l4T02BI.png

Heyy, welcome back to the Weekly Site Poll!  :)

Poll 49 - '2017 Hype & Predictions' - is here if you'd like to read the responses, or post a late reply.

Btw, title format change because why not? Deal with it.

This week we're gonna get down to the brass tacks of Nintendo's new & juicy conference for everyone's favorite console....

p06H0IL.png

Nintendo just held a press conference for their new console, the Nintendo Switch, where they went in-depth about the consoles game lineup, functions, and place in the market with an official release date worldwide being March 3rd, 2017.

What are your thoughts about the Switch now given the information gleaned from the conference?

The next Weekly Site Poll will be posted whenever, maybe. Feel free to suggest the topic for the NEXT Weekly Site Poll in your response!

SD, out!. :split:
  • Like 3

Extremely disappointed, to be honest. Nintendo is our gaming company we can rely on for couch-play. And they're trying to turn away from that.

Online subscription? As if their console is going to have many players pay for that to play online.

Other than catering to handicap players with the joycon, I'm glad they are finally allowing third party.

• Like 3

Only postive thing I can say is that they are embracing third party support. Everything else is just underwhelming and stupid and shows how desperate they are for relevence.

Except Nintendo has so much money they couldn't care less. I wish they'd stick with traditional gaming, and just make it home-only, it's meant to be played with friends and family

Except Nintendo has so much money they couldn't care less. I wish they'd stick with traditional gaming, and just make it home-only, it's meant to be played with friends and family

IKR and that's a real shame. One of the reasons Sony knocked it out the park with the PS4 was because they were short on money and had to appeal to the consumer and innovate. Lack of money tends to push those things. Nintendo doesn't have to care and will die a slow painful death instead.

Edited by Caboose The Ace

Honestly it's a sad turn. Nintendo really tanked in the last 4 or 5 years.

Online subscription is really stupid of them and so is, well, the entire console. It looked so good at first but it became worse as more information came out.

• Like 2

Favorite part was when they brought up the GameCube in the history. I wasn't super impressed with the Switch, especially since the controllers looked very uncomfortable to use, both separated and together. Looks like I will not be making the "Switch."

• Like 2

Favorite part was when they brought up the GameCube in the history. I wasn't super impressed with the Switch, especially since the controllers looked very uncomfortable to use, both separated and together. Looks like I will not be making the "Switch."

Noting the handle on the GameCube, of all things, was really weird though. I understand the mobility part, but come on Ninty.

Only postive thing I can say is that they are embracing third party support. Everything else is just underwhelming and stupid and shows how desperate they are for relevence.

It doesn't look good when EA shows up to announce their involvement only to not show anything, and the port of Skyrim, a nearly 6 year old game, looks atrocious on Ninty's new hardware. In 2017.

Noting the handle on the GameCube, of all things, was really weird though. I understand the mobility part, but come on Ninty.

It doesn't look good when EA shows up to announce their involvement only to not show anything, and the port of Skyrim, a nearly 6 year old game, looks atrocious on Ninty's new hardware. In 2017.

Eh the third party support was a step in the right direction. Then again all of this was said when the WII U was was announced and look what happend. Third Party support died in a month. So only time will tell, hopefully this console won't flop but right now looks like its going to be another sales bomb.

So let me get this right. Everyone is OK shelling out absoborant amount of money for PSN and XBL, not to mention micro transactions.......but Nintendo is somehow wrong for doing the same thing?!? There is no logic or realistic reasoning in forming such a stand.

As for the whole gaming style of making it mobile.....HELLO!!!!! As much as we have to admit it, mobile type gaming is a growing fax. It isn't fading and it is gaining momentum. I see nothing wrong with this, and it makes it easy to game with friends in person by reducing size and making it portable friendly.

On that note what is wrong with supporting physical gameplay? How many people are playing Pokemon Go? How many of us play games or use social media while actively.....being active? Again, no logical or real tangible debatable facts have been shown against it.

Graphics wise Nintendo is smart here. Tehran based GPU schema based of 1k series GTX Cards. Right now, they are the king and it's nice to see a company finally use something that isn't already 3-5 years outdated.

Obviously since we are getting an Nvidia GPU, the likely CPU or GPU will either be Intel or Nvidia. Since I haven't found an actual spec yet, I will estimate that since we are getting a current GPU, we will also get a current 7th gen Intel to couple with it. That already boasts more computational possibility than PS or DB. As for sound, I would probably guess either Realtek or Qualcomm Either way, sound hasn't evolved at all over the past 5-6 years so this is moot.

Yes the storage sucks, but prices are so low, that expanding it won't hurt you as much. As for the connectivity, we have to wait and see. There is a lot of unreleased or talked about hardware specifics. Overall I would say I'd be more likely to buy a Nintendo over a PS or xB since Nintendo has an actual built proven library of exusivez, where as the only others are Halo, a few racing games, and a bunch of other crappy software that they literally now try to throw free at you if you buy their system.

To sum that up, I'll take Metroid and Zelda over any other title any day.

Edited by Twinreaper
  • Like 1

So let me get this right. Everyone is OK shelling out absoborant amount of money for PSN and XBL, not to mention micro transactions.......but Nintendo is somehow wrong for doing the same thing?!? There is no logic or realistic reasoning in forming such a stand.

As for the whole gaming style of making it mobile.....HELLO!!!!! As much as we have to admit it, mobile type gaming is a growing fax. It isn't fading and it is gaining momentum. I see nothing wrong with this, and it makes it easy to game with friends in person by reducing size and making it portable friendly.

On that note what is wrong with supporting physical gameplay? How many people are playing Pokemon Go? How many of us play games or use social media while actively.....being active? Again, no logical or real tangible debatable facts have been shown against it.

Graphics wise Nintendo is smart here. Tehran based GPU schema based of 1k series GTX Cards. Right now, they are the king and it's nice to see a company finally use something that isn't already 3-5 years outdated.

Obviously since we are getting an Nvidia GPU, the likely CPU or GPU will either be Intel or Nvidia. Since I haven't found an actual spec yet, I will estimate that since we are getting a current GPU, we will also get a current 7th gen Intel to couple with it. That already boasts more computational possibility than PS or DB. As for sound, I would probably guess either Realtek or Qualcomm Either way, sound hasn't evolved at all over the past 5-6 years so this is moot.

Yes the storage sucks, but prices are so low, that expanding it won't hurt you as much. As for the connectivity, we have to wait and see. There is a lot of unreleased or talked about hardware specifics. Overall I would say I'd be more likely to buy a Nintendo over a PS or xB since Nintendo has an actual built proven library of exusivez, where as the only others are Halo, a few racing games, and a bunch of other crappy software that they literally now try to throw free at you if you buy their system.

To sum that up, I'll take Metroid and Zelda over any other title any day.

Nah m8, I'm still buying the Switch. Just not paying for online. Because Nintendo isn't the type of Company I'd trust with their online servers. (Even though they'd probably be better than Microsoft's...) I need a couch-potato console to play with my couch-potato friends. So they're still getting a run from my money.

As always, Nintendo's first party games will be of the highest quality; it really comes down their emphasis on gameplay even when everyone else is more focused on storytelling etc. Whereas Microsoft/Sony want you to have an emotional/competitive experience in most of their games, Nintendo simply want you to just have fun.

The third party support is very promising, especially after the Wii U got pretty much abandoned by publishers. The prospect of portable versions of Skyrim/Dark Souls is very exciting and I hope Nintendo focus on this portability. The Switch will be a great success if they realise that it won't replace their PlayStation/Xbox/PC, rather be more like a DS. There's no point pretending that Nintendo can compete with these companies in terms of modern tastes; the way Nintendo operate is simply too different to truly work with what is popular today.

I'll probably buy one later in the year when the price drops a little. I also want to hold out until E3 when Nintendo will probably show us a bunch of third party games and ports along with hopefully some new titles for their many other great series. Series like Pokemon and Animal Crossing are pretty much perfect for the Switch.

• Like 1