Pokemon Discussion: What do you think of the series so far? and how do you think it will progress?

Melody

Pokemon has been around for many years now, and has played a major part on the gaming community and our childhood! I'd like to see how the community thinks about the series so far and to how it may be progressing for the future!

#500th post :P

• Like 3

Darkwing Duck believes we need another console version, akin to the likes of Gale Of Darkness.

Another Pokemon Snap game would be nice. 

A new console pokemon game would be excellent, maybe if Game Freak worked with Nintendo on a title on the Wii U it might be possible, just think of it, a new awesome pokemon game in HD on a home console instead of an portable one? The possibilities are basically endless. I think mystery dungeon on a home console would be awesome!

Pokemon Snap definitely needs a reboot, I can think of so many reasons why it would work well for the Wii U.

Edited by Melody

First, while I'm all for a new Pokémon game on console, It's already known that Nintendo is in the process of gradually dropping support for the WiiU.

They announced that they will be unveiling their new console next E3 (2016). And a launch date potentially before 2017.

So since games nowadays take roughly 2-3 years to make, I'm sure quite a few 1st party titles are already in the works for its launch.

• Like 1

First, while I'm all for a new Pokémon game on console, It's already known that Nintendo is in the process of gradually dropping support for the WiiU.

They announced that they will be unveiling their new console next E3 (2016). And a launch date potentially before 2017.

So since games nowadays take roughly 2-3 years to make, I'm sure quite a few 1st party titles are already in the works for its launch.

Hm, oh.. I never knew that.

Oh yeah I almost completely forgot about their new console. Thanks for bringing that up Ash.

You make a good point, maybe Game Freak may have plans for it after all. ^_^ If that's the case then I can't wait!

I liked all the older Pokémon games, never really played them though... I should sometime. I did play the hell out of Pokémon Diamond though. Had 2 Dialga's and 1 Palkia (traded him with someone for some kind of cactus Pokémon :hrhr: )

I watched through the older series too and some of the newer episodes of X and Y. Nothing really changed though. Each episode starts with them being somewhere they don't know, stuff goes down, Team Rocket tries to do stuff, stuff fails, life lessons learned.

Still enjoyable though :D

The one thing that does kinda bother me is the sort of Pokémon they come up with recently. I know that creating unique Pokémon is hard after so many years but...

trubbishsugimori.png  250px-582Vanillite.png

...Trubbish the trash Pokémon and Vanillite the ice cream Pokémon

c'mon

• Like 1

I liked all the older Pokémon games, never really played them though... I should sometime. I did play the hell out of Pokémon Diamond though. Had 2 Dialga's and 1 Palkia (traded him with someone for some kind of cactus Pokémon :hrhr: )

I watched through the older series too and some of the newer episodes of X and Y. Nothing really changed though. Each episode starts with them being somewhere they don't know, stuff goes down, Team Rocket tries to do stuff, stuff fails, life lessons learned.

Still enjoyable though :D

The one thing that does kinda bother me is the sort of Pokémon they come up with recently. I know that creating unique Pokémon is hard after so many years but...

...Trubbish the trash Pokémon and Vanillite the ice cream Pokémon

c'mon

That's another thing I wanted to bring up, Pokemon is repetitive. They have a bad habit of re-doing everything. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but maybe some change here and there wouldn't be a bad idea, the anime for example is a prime example of this. ^_^

Pokemon from the new generations are bad design. (Not all but some) This I agree with, it seems as though they are pushing more 'kid friendly' Pokemon into the game. Again it's perfectly normal considering it's a children's game.

Although for it being a children's game, take the Sea Mauville for example in Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

If you look inside you can find all sorts of references that only older Pokemon players would understand, for example there is a reference to a 'duel screen console' in one of the bookshelves in the Sea Mauville that could possibly refer to the normal nintendo ds or possibly game & watch. Also while I'm on the Sea Mauville topic, take a look into it's dark history. Makes me wonder where Game Freak is taking Pokemon in the near future.

Edited by Melody
  • Like 1

@Melody

Oh there's tons of references and conversations with NPC's that only older people would understand. 

GghR74J.jpg

Things like this makes me wonder what Game Freak's big idea is. Are they catering to the children, or to their older fanbase? I don't think they've found out themselves yet :hrhr:

Oh and I think most Pokémon games reference to Nintendo consoles/handhelds in the players room. Pokémon Diamond and Pearl had a Nintendo Wii in the room. Upon inspecting it it sais something about the Wii using nunchucks.

Oh and it's known that the Nintendo "NX" can run Unreal Engine 4, which was what that one Pokémon thing I posted with the Charmander breathing fire was made in. So that's a plus, also making the NX capable of supporting 3rd party titles.

Oh and it's known that the Nintendo "NX" can run Unreal Engine 4, which was what that one Pokémon thing I posted with the Charmander breathing fire was made in. So that's a plus, also making the NX capable of supporting 3rd party titles.

(Late reply sorry)

That gif or whatever you posted is a real pokemon game running on the NX? I was confused the first time I seen it.

I don't see them dropping support just yet. Seeing as how they are just getting started on Virtual Console for DS and N64 games; and no confirmation on how the NX's capabilities will run. 

If NX does get Virtual Console, but includes GameCube and Wii. Actually, just at least GameCube. (Wii U supports GameCube remotes but not games? Come on!) Then yes, I'm pretty sure NX will be the high rise of Nintendo.

3rd party support matters. However, I don't think I will be seeing Twitch available. As Nintendo is just the type of company not to support that. I want to see how far 3rd Party Support goes, or if it is limited.

As for now, Wii U is the better choice.

While Unreal Engine 4 is nice and all, and enjoyable side affects.

Like I stated above, if they limit themselves to graphics we're getting nowhere. 

That Unreal Engine 4 gif/video was just a representation after all.

I don't know about you, but it makes me feel a bit off about Pokemon now. It's as if they're trying to appeal to a new audience, which they know very well they won't get. It's Pokemon, and if you never played Pokemon or don't like it. It's no good to do. If they were to represent an actual Cross-Console game, it might have mattered.

Plus their online support needs fixed.

I don't see Microsoft or Sony gamers to just quit and leave, to head over to Nintendo because of their graphics appeal. Because we all know the Community wants an entertainment system that they can also game on. If it can't play movies, nobody wants it. Which is the problem Nintendo is running into.

@Melody

Oh there's tons of references and conversations with NPC's that only older people would understand. 

GghR74J.jpg

Things like this makes me wonder what Game Freak's big idea is. Are they catering to the children, or to their older fanbase? I don't think they've found out themselves yet :hrhr:

Oh and I think most Pokémon games reference to Nintendo consoles/handhelds in the players room. Pokémon Diamond and Pearl had a Nintendo Wii in the room. Upon inspecting it it sais something about the Wii using nunchucks.

I could've sworn I saw a Gamecube in a house in either FireRed, LeafGreen, Emerald, Sapphire, or Ruby.

pokemonfilm.png.jpg

New Pokemon shown in latest movie preview

Ooooh, cool! Looks really interesting.

(Wish I could read Japanese.. T.T)

So pokemon Z may be a thing afterall? Possibly considering they are adding new pokemon now.

I could've sworn I saw a Gamecube in a house in either FireRed, LeafGreen, Emerald, Sapphire, or Ruby.

That was Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire.

Pokemon Fire Red and Leaf Green had a NES (Or SNES depending on the version of the game JP)

Edited by Melody
  • Like 2

@Ash I know it has Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Instant Video. I'm talking about DVD support, and yes it does matter especially if it can do Bluray.

Remember when Xbox One didn't support DVD's unless you installed the app for it? That got a lot of people upset. 

Difference between Netflix, Hulu, and AIV is that not all movies and shows are available on those 3rd parties. Some of them you HAVE to buy the DVD/Bluray for.

Besides, DVD support is just a minor issue and isn't 3rd party. I'm talking about ACTUAL 3rd Party stuff. Which Sony & Microsoft both have.

We all know it's Nintendo's fault, but if the 3rd parties were to get involved with the Wii U, it'd be so much better. I mean, there's games out there I'd like to have for Wii U, but the 3rd Party Support for the same game on Xbox One or PS4 is available and makes it so much better.

In other words, if Nintendo stops being so controlling, they'd make it out on the market better. Which is why they're money hungry where they're out now.

I've never once heard about anyone complaining about not being able to watch dvds/blurays on a console.

While it may have been benificial for the current gen, it won't make a difference if it is or isn't in the NX. Digital and streaming far outweigh dvd/bluray support.

Back to the actual topic, I think a Pokémon game on NX would be great with a fair balance of artsy graphics, and a large world to explore.​

• 1 month later...