Microtransactions don't belong in Halo 5

Daercoma

I believe the system you're thinking of actually isn't in H5. The points you get are for the games you play, not the money you pay.

At least, that's what I got out of it. There should be an article on here somewhere that talks about it.

But overall, I completely agree with you; Microtransactions don't belong in Halo.

The microtransactions are just a convenience for the people who don't play as much and want to put a few bucks down to keep up. You don't NEED to buy the REQ packs (which are the only microtransactions) since they are easely obtainable through playing a match, completing commendations and leveling up.

The REQ packs that are up for purchase are only useable (unless it's a cosmetic item) in Warzone. It's not pay2win.

Also I'd rather have free map packs (like we're getting now) and these kind of microtransactions that the way it used to be. I won't put down another 10 bucks for 3 multiplayer maps that I only get to play for like a month and then never see them in the map rotation again.

• Like 1

I would agree with you on this..... but, and there is a but. :)

We get 15 free maps! I imagine its either we have microtransactions or we play for our maps that quickly go obsolete.

This way however, the maps don't go obsolete and can be probably integrated into normal matchmaking.

But in the end these type of microtransactions do come off as slightly unfair and pay to win.... or pay to win to slightly do better.

But regardless I still think getting free maps is better, it adds more longevity to the game overall.

• Like 1

I would much rather have what you call "microtransactions." The only winning without it is an experienced gamer playing Halo 5 straight for days versus someone who's too busy with life to play just as much (Yes, those people exist.) "Microtransaction" REQ Packs were implemented to keep a thin line between noob and pro. These are not meant for you, or Fishy (Assuming you two play every hour of every day).

Alongside with that, DLC releasing for the game in the future will be free of charge, so that's a bonus. But if you want, you can keep on whining. It's either this nifty convenient tool, or 5 20 buck DLC's. That or Destiny... *Shivers*

• Like 1

Well, there is going to be weapon skins. I imagine they will make that a microtransaction besides from the pre-order skins you get from Microsoft store, etc.

Honestly, what does it matter if you don't like to purchase them yourself? It has absolutely no effect on you whether or not you buy them. It's not like online FPS games or MMO games on PC that give you XP bonuses or overpowered weapons or anything like that.

That's like saying you want to play a game that stays the same forever with little to no change. I think microtransactions help with bringing new content, keeping the game playable after it's kinda outdated. People may dislike it, but it won't stop them from doing it anyway. In short, if you don't like it, don't support it.

• Like 1

Yes, exactly what they said; the microtransactions are completely optional. They are unlockable in-game so if you don't want to buy them, don't. Also, why only focus on the bad? Why not focus on the good stuff that 343i are doing with Halo 5 such as free map packs? I'm not a fan of microtransactions in the slightest, especially pay2win (in fact I hate it a lot) but these are things that are unlockable in game. Would you rather pay for map packs or get optional microtransactions and get free maps? I'd pick the latter any day of the week.

• Like 1