Dear all,

I have come to realise that Halo2 PC servers will not be online indefinately, this in itself is not a problem, a game like so many things in life has to come to an end and although Im fairly new to the PC version I have come to enjoy it very much.

The population currently is past what many other publishers would deem dead and I am grateful for the servers being kept online.

All I ask is that when 343i/Microsoft decide to shut down the severs please give adeqaute notice so the people who enjoy Halo 2 Vista can cram all the online play and achievements in before the close and have one final hurrah for the game.

Thank you very much for your time,

hopefully someone higher up will consider this at the least,

Sincerely,

HuxWard

• Like 1

Im not sure what you think Microsft does...but they don't host servers for Halo 2 PC. All H2V servers are self hosted by players who rent servers or use their own. Live only hosts the server list, activates product keys and allow browsing of the servers.

Even if and when Live no longer hosts these features, we have a backup plan in place to make sure the game never dies, similar to what was done with CE

Integrated what? All Live does for H2V is hoat a master server list and allow you to communicate with friebds through Live.

Server listings can be gathered, listed, hoated abd we can redirect the ganes search address for these entrues, and point them to one of our own. I and the H2MT Team have been working with Halo 2 PC since day one. Live is not needed at all. If anything, it does more harm than good to the game.

Did you know yoyr copy uses up unecessary bandwidth by secretly sending and recieving data to about 21 different sites during the tine the game ius running? Yeah, thanks Micrisoft and thanks Live.

I know Live is not needed and there is plenty of a tunneling software out there already but in all honestly games dry up when these services are put in place.

I don't believe netcode could exist in a state of perfection and without the LIVE service for this game, it may not of been ported over in the first place.

All i wanted to do by making this topic was hopefully making 343i aware of the limbo state of the server and community. Hopefully ensuring I don't wake up and Halo 2s online capabilities have been cut short without notice.

I will not use a back up service nor am I intrested in unofficial server support.

• 2 weeks later...

They forgot about us for over a decade. Historically looking at their on-off again promises and actual work in regards to GFWL and commitments to actual good coding/support/implimentàtion....they never really cared about is.

Fact is, once Microsoft starting making actual good profit from the Xbox 360, Microsoft shifted their single concern to selling locked horrible hardware to get awesome 1st Party titles. Not only this, but their ridiculous monitary business model for 3rd party games and updating costs have almost eliminated all the good games we actually see coming to PC. Franchises like BF, Activision, Blizzard and Bethesda don't worry because they have lots of monitary resourcea and include their entire audience. Microcrap is like the ******* 2 cousin on your moms 2nd husband side who married her aunts great granddaughter. In other words....they dont care about you, they care about $$$