Mafia Station 13 (THUNDERDOOOOOOME)

I'm going to go with this in bits, and pieces:

You guys realize that if Church isn't mafian (I hope he is), that you are going to kill me too. How could you be so sure that EK and Bnus are innocent when the risk is 2 possible pro-townians? 

Can someone tell me what makes you so sure? 

Well for the longest time it's usually been 1-2 Mafians, and 2-3 Protowns per Lynch. Both EK & Bnus revealed their roles to me, so it's you or the Crutch.

This game ups the ante by adding an additional Mafian slot when the **** hits the fan, and the ship goes to Code Blue. That's the most drastic difference.

Everyone voted for Kakashi with absolute certainty... I'm questioning everyone's reasoning. 

For starters Kakashi's identity wasn't confirmed at all. He sent me a PM most likely in hopes of proving to me that he was innocent, but the only thing it DID prove was that he was willing to work with me (honestly I rarely do work nowadays).

Secondly... are you questioning the voting bandwagon? Do you know how many times this has happened in the past? I don't think this needs explanation. I doubt anyone had certainty let alone hard proof on Kakashi being a Mafian.

This is what I'm wondering: 

Why would EK and Bnus blatantly announce that they're innocent? It would've been better to ask Self Destruct to have everyone vote say, Church, by framing him; however, this may not have been possible considering that I could be the mafian - a mistake would lose whatever merit SD has in civvies believing him.  I can understand that, but it's a better alternative than revealing 2 roles, and besides, there are more deadies to mediate. 

This literally only puts targets on their heads.

Roles can screenshot their PM, and SD would've taken this. 

The only way to have proven themselves is to demonstrate their ability to SD. If they didn't prove their role like this, there is no legitimate grounds to believe their innocence; Bnus has a past of fraudery. 

I really hope you don't have roles, but it doesn't seem possible, which also means they're not mafians. 

As I've expressed, I don't trust anyone anymore, including SD, because of how illogical your decisions are. For all I know, this is a mafian scheme, and I don't want to fall for it; Being so outwards with this makes me curious as if this is a way to not be suspected. 

There's not much else to do when everyone's voting for you. Announcing your role would be a believable response: nearly everyone has done this before. They could have asked me to help them out, but they would need to wait for me to get online. I've been somewhat afk for the past month. I'm not reliable currently.

It would be better if I pointed out that both EK, and Bnus are not guilty (which I did), and tell everyone to vote for you, or Church (again, I already did this). I am the middle man after all. Why would I do this? Well I don't want everyone killing Church just because I say so... when I have no evidence on either of you to prove you're guilty (well that's half the truth right now)... except for the fact that one of you IS a Mafian.

I don't frame. That's not how I play... unless I'm a Mafian. Also, how else am I supposed to get everyone to vote for you, or Church? We know one of you is the Mafian. The logical choice would be to vote one of you out, and keep EK / Bnus out of the fray. If one of you happens to be Protown we'll know the other is Mafia.

And I don't see anyone going "HOORAH" over my decisions, and I don't expect them to. It's their choice if they think I'm a monkeybutt. I'm in it to win, and to do so I'll have to play smart while being honest to the masses (not too honest however. I don't want to give any vital info to the Mafians).

Also, EK & Bnus could both be Crew members. Or they could be Staff. I could have discovered a way to prove a Crew member's innocence... or maybe I'm bluffing, and the whole thing is a farce. I have reason to lie to you since you're probably a Mafian after all, but I want everyone to know that their role within Protown isn't concrete when "revealed" to everyone. It's a safety protocol I guess.

I thought the mafians would be more cautious, figuring that there are only 3 left... *Fingers crossed* 

Someone who's backed into a corner usually tries to wriggle their way out by doing some form of damage control, or behind-the-scenes trickery. You're only succeeding in becoming more suspicious by posting this humongous post.

SD couldn't have seen Bnus or EK's role in Skype Video Chat. His internet isn't good enough, and he wouldn't go through the trouble to confirm them this way. 

Wrong. My internet renews on the 2nd of every month, and stays somewhat stable until mid-month. It's potato quality for around, say... the last 1/3rd to a rough half of the month. Currently it's gr8.

+ I actually do go through the trouble of proving someone's role because you know... I don't like being deceived. I'm always suspicious of people until they provide substantial proof: which both of them did. I'm probably the 1 person here who's the hardest to convince.

This is the only option we have right now. Just take yours or Church's doom with dignity.

I posted that knowing people would change votes to me. 

Why ruin the fun of a game by making everyone absolutely certain that you're innocent? How is that fun? 

If you're mafian, this is brilliant, but not, you're on my bad side. Mafia is a mind game and doesn't need a 'I must win by using exploits' mentality.

Whatever. 

I posted that knowing people would change votes to me. 

Why ruin the fun of a game by making everyone absolutely certain that you're innocent? How is that fun? 

If you're mafian, this is brilliant, but not, you're on my bad side. Mafia is a mind game and doesn't need a 'I must win by using exploits' mentality.

Whatever. 

I'm dead yo. Former Head of Security at your service.

Anyway, Mafia's a battle of wits (or a battle of dimwits, like a'me). Imagine L & Light Yagami from Death Note going at it, and trying to best the other. That's what I think of Mafia. That's what makes Mafia fun to me.

At the end of the day Mafia's just a game where everyone's out to have fun: myself included. I just happen to be the guy who scrutinizes everything, and expects the enemy team(s) to be the scheming masterminds I want them to be.

Roles and educated guesses. 

Roles should be capable of making a significant impact on the game without being known; Being known should be a risk vs. reward decision where telling the right person will help pro-town but telling the wrong person will get you killed;  There shouldn't be many roles that rely on a person, a la the Detective. 

Dead pro-townians acting as mediators is a fatal flaw in mafia games. They inbalance the detective and protect roles with promising certainty. I see this in the same light that I see emulators, this game was ported from a '5 minute game' to a forum game, meaning the game isn't perfectly optimized for it, and any attempt to rectify this comes off as goofy and convoluted. 

I'm dead yo. Former Head of Security at your service.

Anyway, Mafia's a battle of wits (or a battle of dimwits, like a'me). Imagine L & Light Yagami from Death Note going at it, and trying to best the other. That's what I think of Mafia. That's what makes Mafia fun to me.

At the end of the day Mafia's just a game where everyone's out to have fun: myself included. I just happen to be the guy who scrutinizes everything, and expects the enemy team(s) to be the scheming masterminds I want them to be.

I know you're dead. Stay that way. 

I know RNGesus works in mysterious ways but Church has shown up twice on the lynch list. Should we take that into account? The way I see it, if Delpen is innocent then we'll know it's Church. However this is only IF Bnus and EK are actually who they claim to be... And if Delpen is mafia then cool. 

I know RNGesus works in mysterious ways but Church has shown up twice on the lynch list. Should we take that into account? The way I see it, if Delpen is innocent then we'll know it's Church. However this is only IF Bnus and EK are actually who they claim to be... And if Delpen is mafia then cool. 

Fine, fine, I change my vote from Pengu to Church on the grounds you've put forth. Only reason I picked Pengu before was because I had no other reason to pick one over the other besides the fact that we used to argue a lot, and that actually hasn't happened in a while so I suppose I should let it go instead of continuing that.

If Church dies, we killed him, so we all get the Beat a Mod award, and we either killed a Mafian or confirmed Delpen as one. :P

Votes are now LOCKED.

Church has been sentenced to death.

All roles, PM SD your next targets.

ATTENTION

I'm gone on Holiday. For 2 weeks. That means I can't host this game for 2 weeks.

Self Destruct has kindly given up his active part in the game to take over hosting while I'm gone. He will be invited to all role PMs and is to be treated like the Host.

That's it really.

Bye.

Edited by Ledgend1221
  • Like 1