Reporting Guidelines

The Director

So all my reports with silly "Yo dude dis spam is off th chaaaaain" kind of stuff will get me in trouble? Even if the person I'm filing the report on actually did post spam? (I never post a report for anything other than spam).

I admit, I've done that type of thing before when I've noticed an Obvious spam bot.

• Like 1

So all my reports with silly "Yo dude dis spam is off th chaaaaain" kind of stuff will get me in trouble? Even if the person I'm filing the report on actually did post spam? (I never post a report for anything other than spam).

It literally doesn't say that anywhere in the topic. I can see how you'd get confused though, with the "report filed AS a joke" bit, but that means a report on someone who hasn't broken any rules for the purpose of humor, and it is also followed by "there's some leniency in this case, but please try to avoid it".

Filing a report WITH a joke in it is fine and dandy, which I thought would be obvious considering the second sentence of the topic is "Those who break the rules are informed without being punished the first time" and you oh so obviously have not been informed of that, considering your question.

tl;dr

No. And start reading stuff newb.

• Like 1

What about accounts you suspect of being a spambot?

For example accounts with a random number GT, that go offline instantly or have a display name that resembles other spambot accounts.

They aren't breaking any rules (yet), should we report them?

What about accounts you suspect of being a spambot?

For example accounts with a random number GT, that go offline instantly or have a display name that resembles other spambot accounts.

They aren't breaking any rules (yet), should we report them?

If you suspect them of being a spambot but they haven't spammed yet? No. We have tools to determine if accounts are spambots and Azaxx and I are kind of compulsive in using them. You won't get in trouble for it, but why waste your time with it?

• Like 1