Halo: The Master Chief Collection DLC?

DLC in Halo: MCC?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think there will be Downloadable Content in Halo: The Master Chief Collection?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

So, I got the idea of Halo: The Master Chief Collection having DLC. Now I've got no idea how this will work exactly, but I've got a few possibilities.

1. The DLC could be weapon skins and extra emblems. Anything that supports multiplayer. It's unlikely we'll be seeing new maps because this is meant to be as original as possible, but Halo 4's multiplayer has weapon skins and if Halo 4 multiplayer maps are going to be returning, why not have weapon skins make a come back too?

2. New Armour. There could be completely new armour sets being sold as DLC. This would be hard to add though because for which multiplayer would they implement it? All four games will no longer receive dlc, but this could be armour that goes into all four multiplayers.

3. A DLC that contributes to Halo 5. This could be like extra achievements or in game challenges that, after completed, will grant you in game bonus content to Halo 5: Guardians. Now that, is something I want to see.

So, what do you all think? Do you think this will happen or not? Vote in the poll above and post your ideas below.

1206873175_All_action.jpg

• Like 2

besides skulls

No I dont think anything extra will be released. Mainly because that requires a LOT of work to make new maps for Halo CE, 2, & 3. And I highly doubt 343i wants to spend resources supporting Halo 4 when they have 4 Halo games on one disc(and people will get mad if only Halo 4 got another map pack and not the rest of the games) and 343i has to be focused on developing Halo 5 and running Halo MCC(such as keeping the servers in check, although some other branch of MS probably does that, and keeping the playlist fresh and up to date with content)

There is a problem though. They have been advertising that the game will have "ALL DLC" so if they make new DLC, then people will get angry and be like "Eyyy I thought it had all the DLC??!".

Dumb reason, I know, so I'll continue:

I do think DLC could be made for the MCC, which is hard to put a finger on. They've been advertising ALL Maps for awhile now, so it's safe to say that the DLC would probably be Player Customization of some sort for Halo 3, or Halo 4.

I think it's possible, I voted yes cause I'd like to see some Armor DLC and Weapon skin DLC for games like Halo 2: Anniversary, hell Elites in H4 as an update would be nice. Though, 343i doesn't like me too much after 'the incident'. I promised I wouldn't switch to PlayStation, I lied. Whoops.

Imagine Armor Customization in H2 Anniversary? That'd be pretty cool.

No, No, No, NO!

No dlc ! Dlc is one of the many things that is destroying gaming ! there was a time when dlc was created after the game and added hours upon hours of quality gameplay...

No anymore, now dlc is either cut from the game or one 20 min level sold for 10 pounds. :(

Most dlcs today are rip offs.

So I really don't want it in the Mcc.

Yes, 40 % is DLC. 

But the game deserves some continuity depending on how well the Xbox one performs. Right now the Xbox division is sinking if they do not increase sales this December. 

The best DLCs  will be:

1. New revision for Halo 1 maps with a true upgrade. 

2. New revision for Halo 3 maps with a true upgrade. 

3. Corrections, stage expansion and bug fixing for Halo 4. Upgrade frame rate and expand the existing worlds. 

4. Better forge map editor and elements for the forge like vehicles and weapons. 

5. Forge any part of the four main maps on the campaign mode. This task is demanding but many players want to forge or play on the mission maps. 

6. Have Enemy AI to play with in the forge editor. Adjust their aim accuracy, Health, aggressiveness and military accuracy. 

Yes, 40 % is DLC. 

But the game deserves some continuity depending on how well the Xbox one performs. Right now the Xbox division is sinking if they do not increase sales this December. 

The best DLCs  will be:

1. New revision for Halo 1 maps with a true upgrade. 

2. New revision for Halo 3 maps with a true upgrade. 

3. Corrections, stage expansion and bug fixing for Halo 4. Upgrade frame rate and expand the existing worlds. 

4. Better forge map editor and elements for the forge like vehicles and weapons. 

5. Forge any part of the four main maps on the campaign mode. This task is demanding but many players want to forge or play on the mission maps. 

6. Have Enemy AI to play with in the forge editor. Adjust their aim accuracy, Health, aggressiveness and military accuracy. 

These are good ideas, but would most likely be updates, not DLC.

• 2 months later...

My personal wishlist.

A mini-campaign (roughly about 7 levels of content)....

That basically bridge the gap between Halo 2 and Halo 3.

Also, please change the M45E to the M90 CAWS model from Halo 3.

It's for consistency sake.

I mean Halo 2: Anniversary has the Halo 3 Shotgun model but with green iron-sights and a little blacker.

Why does Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary have the Halo Reach shotgun model? It makes no sense!

The M45 was designed specifically for the Marines on Reach and stuff.

Most Spartans (including Master Chief and many special forces) they used the M90 CAWS which had blue iron sights, 12-round magazine, and didn't look like the Shotgun from Halo: Reach.

I'm probably getting very picky. But how the hell do you go from the Halo: Reach shotgun model in Halo CEA to the Halo 3 shotgun model in Halo 2 Anniversary?

It makes no sense!

So please 343, just put the Halo 3 shotgun model as a replacement for the M45E shotgun as a DLC or something. :P