343iCF Weekly Site Wrapup 10/23/13

Drizzy_Dan

Hi everyone let's get caught up with the week's happenings:

Primary Announcement:  If you think you have content that belongs in the Wrapup feel very free to PM me :thumbup:

CommunityPa4f2.png

The Staff vs Members Community Event was a success from the start so I hear. I joined late and it was fun then even though I was only there for about 5 games. Staff won. No question. And if you click the banner you'll be sent to a recap given by The Dumb Marine.

Participants:
Church, Brony, RedStarRocket91, Absolute Dog, GermanShepherdD, Drizzy_Dan, The Dumb Marine, Trae Houston, Beckoningzebra1, JXZAW, Spyro, Bnus, and TGS Shadowless

Everyone who attended gets the exclusive Staff vs. Members Award: SvsM.png 

We still want your ideas so post them here.

Redemption1272 - Winner of the Meet Your Maker Infinity Slayer Forge Contest and a real down to Earth member of the Halo Community.

FORGE
Forging The Future
Forgingthebc02.jpg

The future of Machinima has arrived! Here is a huge project started by our Art Department's Gryffin in association with THFE and ourselves. He's got a lot of members voice acting for him and we're backing this Machinima 100%. It's about 5 Spartans that get sent to Earth to find Monitors that landed there after Requiem exploded. There is lots of work being put into this project by many members of the site and we should see S1E1 soon!

343 Industries Community Forge Project
By this point you should know what the CFP is and if you don't then read about it here.
Post some ideas for our community in the CFP Idea Discussion thread here.
You Will Partake in the Community Forge Project...

Featured Map

crs-cl10.jpg

Once again, Zaelkyria makes the Featured Map sub-section with another of their Forged Halo naval ships. This one is called CRS-Class Light Cruiser because that's exactly what it is. It's a Covenant CRS-Class Light Cruiser. Take a second to really check out this picture and admire its aesthetics. And then once you've taken that second, click it and find the rest.

GAMING NEWS
Assassin's Creed IV: Making of Black Flag

I can't believe I didn't see this earlier. This is a great video for any Assassin's Creed fans that IGN did with the developers of the newest installment in the series: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag. Leave Cooliest some likes and comments.

Mountain Dew Xbox One Revealed

xboxone-mountaindew.jpg

Some really awesome news for fans of the Xbox One and Mountain Dew. There will be a Mountain Dew themed Xbox One released as seen above. News relayed by Choot 'em.

Will People Play Halo 3 Even Though It'll be Free?
photo-73822.jpg?_r=1378870695

I found this thread to have a lot of potential for discussion and noticed it got a decent amount of replies already. Now it's been over a week since it's come out but this is something good to weigh in on. TheMightyLlama1 wanted to know if there would be a good population back on Halo 3 since it was becoming free to download so you can chime in and talk about whether you've been playing or not and if you feel there has been an increase in population. Lots of room for discussion.

I know it wasn't much but thanks for giving it a look through, I even gave it some more days to see if we'd get a little more action but we'll just have to wait until next week. Now scroll back up and read it all over again.

• Like 8

Awesome wrap up as always. Love reading these Drizzy! 
Last time I checked the members won a bunch of the first games until cough cough GSD cough cough showed up. Then Zebra came and showed the dog whos the top stripe. 

• Like 3

Last time I checked the members won a bunch of the first games until cough cough GSD cough cough showed up. Then Zebra came and showed the dog whos the top stripe. 

As far as I know, Staff were win after win when I joined! We're going to have to rematch.

lol, if you remember those matches were like 5v2, so I'm not sure if that counts xD

Great wrap-up D_D, and that map looks so epic! It almost looks like a scene from a movie. :hrhr:

• Like 1

Drizzy, For giving me the spotlight for my completely Dumb <--- :hrhr: You have been rewarded with the... Umm... "Kind to green badge"!! Its invisible and has  a touch of doesnt exist! :D I really loved the wrap up this week, Some pretty sick news!  Keep it up .

• Like 1