Forging The Future - Official Page

GryffinGuy007

I am excited to be working with Gryffin and OnlineKnights on this project. As some of you may know, I design CGI professionally, and am thrilled to work with an animator on this project to design some seriously cool CGI. Kudos to Gryffin for spearheading this project. I think that it is going to be truly awesome!

• Like 3

I have to say this, not many machinima's I've actually liked just from looking at the cover or have joined actually went through with it and for that, a toast! 

Oh yeah, if you want some extra background voices, just ask me and I'll do it for you especially if you have something comedic in mind ;D

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Has S1E1 been released yet?

That's a negatory, I'm afraid.

The closest thing to being released in the new cinematic trailer we're currently producing. With over 20 people hard at work on this Machinima project, that's the most we can do for now. However this one WILL be 15x better than the other, with more CGI, original soundtracks and more.

Also, add me on Skype: gryffinguy007. I'll let you into the group so you can watch the progress.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It is truly on, take these tips and treat them as rules:

• Take advantage of camera angles and slow motion, do not use just one angle for whole action sequences, make sure slow motion doesn't last for over 2-3 seconds unless it is specifically a slow motion piece to emphasise something. If there's an assassination, use two shots at different angles that last no more than a second each, no one is entertained by seeing a recording of an animation that they've already seen in the exact same way thousands of times.
  • Never use music incorrectly. Use the uplifting music, such as all of the Two Steps from Hell tracks that are popular right now when there is an event that is in favour of the 'good' side or the protagonist. Don't just play a whole song over something unless it actually fits perfectly.
  • Make your story by doing these two steps: make characters with their own desires, believes and personal goals. Put them together and watch! That's basically how you make a story. The plot line will then come out of this. Your plot-line should never have a victory that doesn't also have a defeat attached to it, or the opposite way around.
  • Professional characters are professional. They aren't going to bring up arguments in the middle of something, they won't let personal feelings drown their resolve, that will only ever happen when there is a conflict; this shouldn't barely ever happen in machinimas. Don't have an undetected professional character go do something pathetically stupid, like running into an open room unless there is a grand plan. There should be many, many, many moments when a professional character is about to be killed, but is saved by another professional character. The best way to use these moments, from personal experience, is a distraction ("HEY!" / *shoots at feet*) or an instant-kill (Headshot / heavy weapon impact).
  • Do not make things tedious, ever. Always try and find ways to add completely unexpected events in. Its fun to see what happens if a Warthog comes out of nowhere and completely messes up plans. Fun to see that Warthog being flipped by the concussion of a Scorpion's cannon.
  • Like 1