Silex

Zandril

Silex is a symmetric map built for 4v4.

In the few tests I ran on this map, it played pretty well. But it's still a work in progress so a lot of things are subject to change.

There are two bases for each team in the map, a center structure, and a small base for sword spawn.

The Rocket Launcher spawns in the center and is quite a task to acquire at the start of the match. This is because players will be flowing to the center at the beginning to create a firefight for the rockets.

Weapons

- Rocket Launcher

- Sniper Rifle

- Energy Sword

SCREENSHOTS

z1O29Au.jpg

9YXbJa1.jpg

R3nmC0W.jpg

e9Eq1ME.jpg

IghA1Y5.jpg

NaoXkGg.jpg

91PBpNu.jpg

• Like 2

Managed to look over Silex Zandril! As stated before, I know it's a work in progress so here is my overall opinion!

Critique -

• Ramps near initials (Red/Blue) need smoothing as there is a slight bump. They also felt a little steep to me (may just be me lol). You could possibly decrease the angle and create a smoother transition by using either a 4x4 flat or 5x5 flat. Now this would increase the distance of the incline so a bank would need to be created on the lower level near the tree to fill in the gap and make an interesting transition to the incline.
  • The BRs are easily passed by and needs something obvious there to say "Hey!! Here I am, use me, abuse me!!!". :rofl: I like the idea of the weapon holder but the object didn't allow for easy recognition of the BR.
  • Some of the respawns could use some type of cover. Most appeared to be fine but a little random.
  • Area next to crate seems bare.
  • From Blue initial, only one obvious access to Rockets. Red has multiple inclines to choose from, either by way of Gold or Red.
  • Random drops really didn't need as many selections. Could have made two selections for equal weight or 3 selections with one weapon weighted more.

Praise -

• Areas are CLEARLY defined by use of color.
  • Respawns (and color) make it very easy to get reoriented after a death.
  • Tactical jump to Gold by use of crate and rock is cool and has additional use as cover.
  • I really appreciate the multidirectional flow of the map!!
  • Smaller size leaves no dull moment from the action! I would love to get a 1v1 played on it!

I didn't get the chance to check the trait zone property settings but can you give details??

Overall I really like this map Zandril and hope you continue with it's creation! Take my critique with a grain of salt as it's just one opinion!! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Thanks Choot. I'll be sure to give the points you made about the map a look when I get back to my Xbox. I really appreciate your feedback because out of the three new maps I posted, this one didn't get as much attention. The other two seem to be the favorites among the bunch.

I actually think this is the first real piece of feedback I've received for this map.

So thanks again.

Also, the trait zone is just for an invisible roof.

In the 1v1 games I've played on this map, it actually played very well. Of course, me and the guy had to disable initial drops in the settings. No one wants to 1v1 with a rocket. :)

I'll send you a friend request. Maybe we can have a 1v1 on the map and then see how it plays when I make some changes.

UXXrH.jpg

Thanks Choot. I actually think this is the first real piece of feedback I've received for this map.

Also, the trait zone is just for an invisible roof.

No one wants to 1v1 with a rocket. :)

You're welcome Zandril! Thanks for explaining the trait zone, makes sense now lol! Who doesn't like 1v1 Rockets?? Choot loves Rockets, especially on Guardian!! (thanks quilts ;)) :thumbsup:

Checked out the latest version and love the symmetrical layout! :clap: It does flow much better, especially from blue initial! :thumbsup:

I did find a few minor issues that require a bit of attention.

• BR near blue initial cannot be seen. The weapon and it's holder are both phased into the rock 3.
  • Jumps to 4x4 talls at blue and red initials are too high for regular jumps (requires crouch jump).
  • Blue/red rock 2 inclines to second level are a bit awkward coming from sniper.
  • Respawns at the back gold area feel too open as well as the repawns in red/blue alleys. Possibility of camping sword and sniper while having predictable respawns.

All are easy fixes Zandril!

A few suggestions...

• Move BR and holder to outside of rock :rofl:
  • Place a 2x2 short or a natural object to allow easy jump transition at blue/red initials
  • Not sure of a fix for the inclines but know you can figure something out lol
  • Add a little cover to respawns near back gold
  • Lower the tree 2's in the alleys and possibly an additional lowered tree next to it to provide better cover. This would also add a little bit of cover from red/blue bridges.

The use of the extraction cylinders was a great idea as the BR's are more noticeable now (except the one hidden lmao). Opening up gold from blue initial works a whole lot better imo and that removed the awkward area where the crate used to be. Great job on the changes! I really like this version and am glad to watch it evolve! :)

• Like 1