More Elite and ODST Ops in Halo 5

Firellight

I am determined to get the idea of the three Ops campaigns developed far as to get it right. So here I am with yet another revision. Previous threads for reference:

v1: http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/26508-elites-odsts-warfronts-and-other-ideas/

v2: http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/26808-spartaneliteodst-ops-in-depth-details/

Because of the data, there would be roughly three discs in the game. One full disc for campaign, one for multiplayer, and another for Ops campaigns. In order to make campaign the best yet, a disc by itself would be a fit, as well as Ops campaigns getting their own disc.

So you can play as spartans, elites and ODSTs in Halo 5 (according to this thread). Here are their ups and downs:

Spartans

- No health bar

- Armor abilities

- Equipment

- Sprinting

- Faster running

- Bulky bodies

- Human loadouts

Elites

- No health bar

- Unique armour abilities

- Equipment

- Sprinting

- Faster running

- Semi-slouchy bodies

- Covenant loadouts

ODSTs

Maybe no health bar

Maybe no armour abilities (unless unique)

- VISR

- Equipment

- Maybe no sprinting

- Halo 3 running

- Normal bodies

- Human/ODST loadouts

Armour Customizations (Universal)

- Helmet

- Helmet attachments

- Left shoulder

- Right shoulder

- Body

- Elbows

- Knee pads

- Visor

- Wrist

- Utility

- Primary colour

- Secondary colour

- Voices

Weapons/Equipment

- Halo 3 ODST weapons are in Halo 5.

- Jetpacks look different for Covenant and the UNSC.

*Covenant Separatists have different armours than Storm Covenant. Separatist grunts, hunters and elites look less intimidating, but intimidate when need be.

**Jetpacks are not armour abilities anymore and are just equipment in Halo 5.

Halo 5 has these gametype settings:

- Assassinations on/off

- Sprinting on/off

- Loadouts on/off

- Ordnance on/off

Each gender of a race can have 5 different voices. In the last thread I got into a large number of variables when it came to cutscenes with a player's preferred character personality. This thread will decrease the variables largely to a much more doable scale. When a player chooses a voice for their character, it comes with a name (or codename). Cutscenes would have a Halo Reach approach to how the voice operates. Actions do not change, but exact lines do. However, the point of the conversation is the same. In the last thread, I made it so that each voice has a different personality, and makes each cutscene different. That is not the case here.

If someone said, "Hey Serge, get on that Pelican and start flying!"

A different voice may say, "Serge, get on that Pelican!" We're going home."

And each voice chosen will come with a name. One voice could be Rookie, and characters will call you Rookie. If you choose Jon-117, then people will call you Jon. Of course these would be unlockable voices, possibly DLCs. Upon launch each player would have 5 brand new voices to choose from for each race, making it 15 voices.

Variables

Now that is 15 voice actors. 5 voice actors per campaign (except last mission) (double these numbers with females added to the list).

Let's say an Ops campaign can host up to four players. The cutscene must be different depending on how many players are in a game. That means 4 different cutscene possibilities. Depending on who picks who to be players 1, 2, 3, and 4 will depict who plays as who in the cutscene. So that means 10 voice actors act out 4 different cutscenes, 10 times each for each player taking each role (for name calling). One voice actor will be required to voice 120 possibilities for each mission. That's not so bad. It triples to 360 for the last mission I think, which is a challenge, but more doable than the last thread I made.

4 players = 120 different scenes per actor per mission

3 players = 60

2 players = 20

1 player = 1

Total = 201 different scenes per actor per mission

5 missions per episode = 1005

10 missions per season = 2010 (+402 = 2412)

20 missions per game = 4020 (+402 = 4422)

Last mission = 603 (the big one)

343 could pull off a no voiced custcene for the last mission, like Halo 3 did (kind of).

The math above is based per actor. 30 actors at launch of the game, and DLCs would add to each calculation).

Now Ops campaigns can have Reach-like cutscenes for every mission (discluding beginning and end). To save 343 from overworking themselves, each Ops compaigns only need video animations for the first and last missions of their series. Only Chief/Arbiter's campaigns would have the video animations.

Keep in mind that the last mission will merge the three Ops campaigns for a really epic feel.

Should ODSTs have equipment in their loadouts, while spartans and elites get armour abilities?

Should loadouts work similar to how Reach did? Set loadouts for each race?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

PLEASE READ, IMPORTANT ELITE OPS IMFORMATION

alright, so I don't think another spartan ops will do well, since halo4 spartan ops did bad, people won't bother with a halo 5 variant, I'm also more interested in elite ops but ODST ops is good as well, I think both could be happening at the same, but with different objectives and areas, but maybe eventually they'd cross paths or something.  here are my elite ops ideas.

I love elites so much more than humans and here's why:
1. There tougher, I mean whenever your playing a halo game and a marine has a fight with an elite they die.
2. There more disiplined, in the halo 2 mission the arbiter, when your all in the phantom and Rtas Vadumee is saying things and all the elites reply in sync, they also have a great motto.
3. There aliens, I think an alien is almost always cooler than a human, especially the two arbiters (Ripa Moramee and Thel Vadumee)

So In elite ops I think it could be pretty much like spartan ops, but with a better story (and obviously elites), I want actual stuff to happen in every chapter, I also want a compelling story. I also think customizable elites would be great, but I want them to look like the elites form the original trilogy. The biggest problem with spartan ops (and all of halo 4) was the gameplay, but it was the worst in spartan ops, I didn't play most of the first 5 episodes, I just watched the cutscenes, and although the next 5 episodes were better they still sucked, the only episode I could even say was ok was episode 7, But enough about halo 4.

In elite ops it would be nice if they would replace empty spot with CPU's, so if your playing with 2 other people a zealot elite will take place of the 4th player, or if you have one of other player then 2 zealots will take the empty spots and so on. Also they should have matchmaking for each episode, so people can replay episodes and not have to do it alone. I think the story should also be related to the arbiter, and maybe at one point you could fight alongside the arbiter. I also want to see a few chapters with epic vehicle fights, like in the halo CE mission assault on the control room, ot the halo 2 mission quarantine zone (which is an epic mission), or the halo 3 mission the covenant (which is also epic), you probably get it by this point. Halo 4 spartan ops high point was vehicle fights and even they were only ok. I also think they should give variety in the chapters/episodes, in halo 4 it was so repitive, enemies, maps, story, everything. I also want each elite to have a story to go along with them, sort of like noble six, you know, a real tough guy. and I think in elite ops there should be a ranking system and then the commander (possibly the arbiter) will refer to by that rank, he'll also say a name so you know who he's talking. That brings me to my next point, there should be certain things in each chapter that are one man jobs, such as opening a door or something, and the field commander would pick an elite at random to do it, that will ad variety to the game.

So here's a rank list
Minor (you'll be refered to as rookie if you have this rank)
Major
Ranger
Spec ops
Ultra
Zealot
General
Field Marshall (you'll be refered to as field commander if you have this rank, unless there's 2 of you, in which case you'll be refered to as simply field marshall)

I also want to talk about firefight, I've got 2 ideas here:
1. The ability to play as an elite against humans, I'm probably not the only one who would like to fight marines as an elite, and even go up against humans in vehicles and stuff.
2. Flood mode, a mode in which you can play as either humans or elites and go up against flood, who will get increasingly larger in numbers as oppose to turning on skulls and stuff, the bonus round could be all parasites.

I liked Spartan Ops. I know many people who do to, I find it much more fun than mm.

The missing lego is that 343 should have made Spartan Ops an epic movie even while just playing the game, such as the tower falling in ODST when driving the warthog across the bridge. Spartan Ops seemed to miss that feeling completely. Let's get that arrow back on its track and try again.

The reason why I suggested a separate disc for the Ops campaigns was not only for more data usage, but to have room to literally make them another campaign. It's like having Halo 5 tell 4 different stories, or even 5 if Arbiter has his own missions.

IMPORTANT ODST OPS IMFORMATION

ODST ops:

I was thinking it could have 5 episodes each with 5 chapters (that would be about 20-25 minutes each), I was thinking elite ops could be just as long.

I want this to be stealthy, but still have some big fights, like nightfall from halo reach.

I want lots of cool stuff to happen while playing, like when the tower falls in ODST, or the giant ship fight in the background of halo 2's level cairo station.

I want there to be 8 ranks like in my elite ops idea, but I want them to all be variants of sergeant, all the ODST's just seem like sergeants, I know Dutch and Mikey and all them weren't, but they felt like they were.

I want there to be times when there are things specific to certain armor abilities (like in exodus on halo reach), or maybe one guy having to do a special job (like the arbiter in the level oracle), I also want there to be AI's controlling blank player spots (so if there's only one person playing, 3 AI's will assist you, you'll still have to do all the special jobs though. 

here are my rank ideas:

sergeant

staff sergeant

gunnery sergeant

master sergeant

first sergeant

master gunnery sergeant

sergeant major

command sergeant major

I think ODST ops could sort of tell a story alongside elite ops, sort of like in halo with the arbiter and master chief cause it all tells one story, but they'd be doing different missions in different areas and would never cross paths,

ODST:

FIREFIGHT:

So I think there could be a halo 3 ODST firefight style thing, but with matchmaking and custom games to make it better, I think they should bring back all the original ODST maps and add a vehicle based map, a new close quaraters map and a giant map (huge, as big as the main area from forge world; the part with the cliff overhanging it, and the cool cave).  

I also want too see a flood mode where opposed to turning on skulls, you get incresingly larger waves of flood, as well as getting a flood juggernaut at the end of every set of rounds, I also want there to be lots of green mist that gets darker as the game progresses.

Have elites as enemies, also on the huge map have a scarab (with a small crew and nerfed canons,) at the end of every set, also maybe add the option to give yourself extra ODST's to help at the end of every round. 

I loved ODST firefight so much more than reaches, but these minor tweeks would make it a true beast.

ODST:

ODST OPS:

I want to see stuff happen during this, like when the tower falls in ODST, nothing like that happened in spartan ops, I also want too see some deaths, a betrayal (which was in spartan ops), and a large set of good characters.

Improve the combat and overall gameplay, spartan ops had gameplay that was worth s***, I think they should make it so you actually progress instead of just running around and killing guys at the same location repeatitly.

Make there be a cool vehicle chapter, a cool aircraft chapter and a chapter in which you work your way to a certain area, while avoiding enemies, then getting a sniper and killing an enemy leader, then having to escape.

I want too see there maybe be 5th guy who will always be controlled by an AI who will get injured, then have to be evacuated (maybe this could be the final chapter).

This would overall be more of a true spec ops type thing as you'll fight smaller quantities of more skilled enemies, you'll have to be stealthed at many points (possibly using active camo which may work for future ODST armor), and finally having special jobs for certain things, like maybe someone piloting a hornet/falcon and then using it to cover the rest of the team.

Having cool customizable ODST armor.

elite ops: the team would be commanded by Jul Mdama's 3rd in command, they'd basiacly be the task force 141 of the covenant, anyways at the end of the 3rd or 4th episode the leader of the team would betray them once they got him valuable intel/stuff he'd basiacly pull a General Shepard on his team, he'd then get promoted to Jul's 2nd in command for retrieving the info.  The team's old leader would've attempted to kill the team and thought he had, but in the second last chapter they'd kill him, then in the last chapter they'd have to escape.