Remember the fallen

Spyro

This thread is to honor those who died while at war. If you know of any one who died in the service of their country, please, if it doesn't cause you any pain, please post their names here. We salute you even in death for you are the best of the best.

This thread is for listing those who were close to you but passed on. If they were in the military, you can put their names in the other thread too. Please only put names of those who have died and don't joke around in this thread. I thank you for taking the time to share with us your loss and I hope you feel better. I guess I might as well start us off. I lost my grand father when I was just 2 years old. His name was Junior Craft. I know it's sad to lose someone that you've known and loved for years, but I think that it's sadder when you lose someone you love before you even get the chance to know them. Thank you.

• Like 3

I have strong willpower I lost my dad at the age of 4 and about 8 months later lost my grandmother then 5 months later lost my grandfather, I don't really think about it much though

the Alaska star is somewhere here.....

This Alaska Star is about the death of my Father so I don't have to tell you.

http://classic.alask...030703005.shtml

Army Sgt. Aubrey D. Bell, 33, Tuskegee, Ala., Oct. 27

Air Force Tech. Sgt. Bruce E. Brown, 32, Coatopa, Ala., Sept. 4

Army Pfc. John E. Brown, 21, Troy, Ala., April 14

Army Spc. Paul J. Bueche, 19, Daphne, Ala., Oct. 21

Marines Chief Warrant Officer Robert William Channell Jr., 36, Tuscaloosa, Ala., April 22

Army Sgt. Timothy M. Conneway, 22, Enterprise, Ala., June 28

Army Spc. Charles G. Haight, 23, Jacksonville, Ala., Dec. 26

Army CWO Philip A. Johnson Jr., 31, Mobile, Ala., Jan. 8

Army Pfc. Howard Johnson II, 21, Mobile, Ala., March 23

Army Sgt. Jason D. Jordan, 24, Elba, Ala., July 20

Army Spc. Cedric L. Lennon, 32, West Blocton, Ala., June 24

Army Pvt. Kelley S. Prewitt, 24, Birmingham, Ala., April 6

Army Sgt. 1st Class Christopher R. Willoughby, 29, Phenix City, Ala., July 20

I don't recall anyone right off that has died in the current war but I do many who have served and gotten injured. However, my great grandfather served in WW2 (I think) and was shot in the leg and the nickle in his pocket caught the bullet and the bullet bent the nickle.

He passed away a while ago, he had a stroke and went into a nursing home.

his name (I'll give what people called him) was:

Aavery "Slim" Register

• 2 weeks later...

I lost a friend of mine about 7 years ago. I'd known her for some time, last thing I said to her was that we go to school to have a future. It hurts when you never get the chance to tell someone that you love them. Now I'm about to graduate high school, have that future and follow through with my words. I'm sorry, but her name just sort of echoes, it honestly bothers me to read or write it.

My father Kirk Patrick died when I was 12 13 days after my birthday on Sept 23rd 2004 he was 42.

Soon after my cousin passed away in November the same year.

Another cousin died on Sept 24th I think 2006.

My grandfather who died February 4th I think 2009, he was 84 I think.