Views on BR 5 shot kill?

ZeoKz

BR should be 4-shot, might also need a very slight RoF decrease to make sure its kill time doesn't drop so drastically that it becomes the best at both mid and close range. The BR should get just enough of a damage boost that it takes 11 bullets (3.67 bursts) to drop shields and the 12th has to go to the head in order to make a 4-shot kill.

Carbine should also get a damage boost.

BR only makes sense with a 4-shot kill though. Should never have been dropped to 5-shot. For some reason 343 wanted us reloading a lot. I really will never understand why, but for some reason they thought people should be crippled by fights even when they win them soundly. Instead we have to reload more (they took 1 bullet out of the DMR's clip too, and made the carbine 8-shot, so it has fewer kills-per-clip than any other marksman rifle) and we have to wait 6 seconds before our shields begin recharging.

Here's some fun numbers: Almost every weapon in the game kills in less time than two (2) seconds. It takes two (2) seconds for your shields to fully recharge AFTER they begin charging which takes 6 seconds. So every fight takes less than 2 seconds but you have to wait 8 seconds to be ready for another. Thus every fight endangers you for four times the amount of time it took to actually resolve the fight.

In that 8 seconds you probably have to reload because 343 wants you to reload a lot, and everyone respawns instantly (So they're back in the field 1 second after you killed them) and has 7 seconds to find you and kill you, they also all sprint and there is more than one enemy.

Why talk about all that other stuff? Because more than ever you want any sliver of time you can get, and you want to keep your weapon ready as often as possible. Thus no wise player who wants to win will use a 5-shot BR because it kills slower AND reloads more often. You want a weapon that kills fast and reloads rarely. A 4-shot BR kills faster and reloads more rarely, even with a slower RoF it would still be better than the 5-shot piece of trash we have now.

• Like 1

I think the BR and the Carbine need to be sped up, because the DMR will almost always win in a fight between them. This would make them fully balanced, so that they all would have their perks. I don't know the exact times for kills, so I'll make it easier by making the kill times like 10 times what they probably are in this example. Let's say the current minimum kill time for the semi-autos (including the magnum) unzoomed is: Magnum 7s, DMR 9s, BR 9s, CC 9s, and Light Rifle 11s. Well it is harder to get all 7 shots on target to kill someone with the CC and all of the rounds from the BR's burst to hit at long range. So, it would be nice if the stats were changed to unscopped: Magnum 7s, DMR 9s, BR 8s, CC 8s, and Light Rifle 11s, with the Light Rifle still having the same or better than the magnum at 7s or 6.5s when scopped. I feel like this would be the best way to balance it out because of how much the DMR outclasses the other two rifles. The DMR already even has a better scope too.