I'll tell you what I do not want in Halo 4

TheEnd

This is why people like you and me will never see eye to eye on this matter. I loved the game for what it was and by taking those things out of the game that i love and replacing them it turns it into something completely different.. which makes sucks considering halo 2 and 3 are some of my favorite games of all time.

I know ill probably dislike the game because i had the same thoughts towards reach before it came out and i couldnt stand that game

Wanna know what would make halo cod? This, right here. More than anything, cod's most stand-out aspect is that it never changes. Halo is still unique because of change. Trust me, even the most diehard of halo fans would get bored of the exact same gameplay. I can say that for sure.

• Like 1

Wanna know what would make halo cod? This, right here. More than anything, cod's most stand-out aspect is that it never changes. Halo is still unique because of change. Trust me, even the most diehard of halo fans would get bored of the exact same gameplay. I can say that for sure.

This above all else. This is what I have been trying to figure out how to say. This is why Halo must change. I can't play Halo 3 forever. Who can? That's why Reach was a breath of fresh air to me.

BTW, go to this thread and read it all.

http://forums.halo.xbox.com/yaf_postst86918_Don-t-think-of-Halo-4-as-a-Halo-game.aspx

I find it funny how most "competitive" halo players criticize the Call of Duty franchise for never changing or improving the gameplay but when 343 desides to CHANGE Halo everyone starts ranting and moaning about it. I dont even know why im even repliying to this thread, it's not like you'll listen to my anyway....

• Like 3

New to you guys, loyal fan to the halo universe.

I made an account solely for this thread :)

Mostly a sob story so if you kids don't want to read idgaf.

I've played every single Halo game that Bungie created both competitively and as a crazed halo fanboy in love with the story (books and all). The first time I touched this game was when I was about 13 and it was still only on the demo cd where you played the opening scene of the Cartographer.

Fast forward through the years, the feel of the halo story always kept me up on release days and I eventually got into gamebattles and watched mlg on the webcast. Throughout Halo 2, 3 and ODST the game kept the same feel but never lost it's luster. When I say Modern Warfare couldn't compare to Halo 3 at mine or any of the surrounding schools, I mean I COULD NOT COMPARE . Even ODST was a big hit.

When reach came out, it was so apparent that Bungie completely scrapped everything that we came to love, that everyone swapped over to COD. I honestly would love to know what you kids are talking about saying that halo evolved. The Halo franchise never changed it's core until Reach came out and that's when Halo lost it's fanbase. Halo 3 stayed on top of MLG until Reach took over. I'm sorry Bungie if you ever read this, just know that you ruined my childhood love by developing Reach and I only liked the storyline. The multiplayer was just a ****storm.

This could be another Coca-Cola story and Halo4 could be the Halo Classic your true fanbase is hoping for, or it could just turn Halo into something like Pokemon where the show has run it's course and the only people who like it are children and creepy old men. 343, please dont just suck halo dry until it just becomes this pathetic excuse of a game; revamp it and show us you really are the old Bungie staff in disguise *ahem* Frankie, Shishka, and Vic.

tl;dr You're dumb if you think Halo Reach was a step in the right direction. amiright?

I've played every single Halo game that Bungie created both competitively and as a crazed halo fanboy in love with the story (books and all). The first time I touched this game was when I was about 13 and it was still only on the demo cd where you played the opening scene of the Cartographer.

Fast forward through the years, the feel of the halo story always kept me up on release days and I eventually got into gamebattles and watched mlg on the webcast. Throughout Halo 2, 3 and ODST the game kept the same feel but never lost it's luster. When I say Modern Warfare couldn't compare to Halo 3 at mine or any of the surrounding schools, I mean I COULD NOT COMPARE . Even ODST was a big hit.

When reach came out, it was so apparent that Bungie completely scrapped everything that we came to love, that everyone swapped over to COD. I honestly would love to know what you kids are talking about saying that halo evolved. The Halo franchise never changed it's core until Reach came out and that's when Halo lost it's fanbase. Halo 3 stayed on top of MLG until Reach took over. I'm sorry Bungie if you ever read this, just know that you ruined my childhood love by developing Reach and I only liked the storyline. The multiplayer was just a ****storm.

This could be another Coca-Cola story and Halo4 could be the Halo Classic your true fanbase is hoping for, or it could just turn Halo into something like Pokemon where the show has run it's course and the only people who like it are children and creepy old men. 343, please dont just suck halo dry until it just becomes this pathetic excuse of a game; revamp it and show us you really are the old Bungie staff in disguise *ahem* Frankie, Shishka, and Vic.

tl;dr You're dumb if you think Halo Reach was a step in the right direction. amiright?

there are some aspects of your post that i agree on, but there were some things in reach i liked (such as new armor, new game types, the ability to sprint) but i really still love the halo 3 mechanics

ps. are you THE billy wing from Ironmen? cuz that would be awesome

I think most people are just looking for an excuse to put down 343.

Seriously guys, Halo 4 is changing. If you don't like that fact, then go away. No one else gives a damn but you.

Go ahead, complain that Halo left you behind for something new. Isn't any sweat off my back.

All this complaining, and for what? A video game? Seriously???? It's just a game people! It's not life! Yes, Halo has made a big impact on many lives, including my own. But this isn't going to keep me from letting it impact my life again for the better. I'm also not going to let something as pitiful as a video game tear me up like so many others seem to be letting it do to them.

Halo 4 is going in the direction 343 wants it to go. If you can't stand that fact, then go away. Nobody else cares.

Excuse me for being blunt.

You would get tired of the same gameplay over again. That's why CoD has grown stale. Halo has to evolve. I'm sorry but you are making a point that even Bungie themselves put down. Halo: Reach was everything Bungie ever wanted for Halo. 343 is only improving it from what we saw at the E3 conference. And calling people dumb because they appreciate that we get another game that isn't a repeat is just dumb in and of itself. At least we get another Halo. 343 could have let it die. They didn't be happy we get another. At least it won't be stale. Get over it.

Excuse me for being blunt as well. I am just tired of the constant whines on it.

No, you're wrong. Just because someones opinion differs from your own does not make them dumb or anything of the sort. I could turn around and say that "If you think that keeping the exact same style of gameplay and not changing any of the mechanics or adding new ones will bring Halo back to its former glory then you are a moron.", but I won't. I won't because I don't believe that and because everyone is free to prefer whatever style of play they wish.

Halo: Reach definitely has its problems, I won't lie. There were weapons that were a bit overpowered, weapons that were underpowered, armour abilities were not implemented as well as they could have been, sprinting was not a standard ability that everyone had access to at all times, the bloom of Vanilla Reach was broken, etc. However despite these problems it is probably my favourite Halo game in terms of gameplay, just below the original Combat Evolved. I've been a fan of the series for years and my first Halo game was Halo: Combat Evolved for the original Xbox. I'm not someone who just recently started playing the series and doesn't know what the other entries are like. I'm free to prefer whichever games I wish and you are free to do the same. However don't you try to tell me or anyone else that someone isn't very intelligent or act superior to them just because they happened to think Halo: Reach was a step towards the right direction (or even that it was a fantastic game or anything like that).

• Like 2

I think that the stand out aspect of cod is that everyone is unequal. You unlock better weapons, attachments, perks, etc. that give you an advantage over someone who hasn't played the game as much as you have. They don't change because their games are still bringing in record sales. Why change whats not broken? What makes Halo unique is that everyone is equal in terms of weapons and abilities. In order to be better than the people on the other team, you have to have more skill.

• Like 1

I think that the stand out aspect of cod is that everyone is unequal. You unlock better weapons, attachments, perks, etc. that give you an advantage over someone who hasn't played the game as much as you have. They don't change because their games are still bringing in record sales. Why change whats not broken? What makes Halo unique is that everyone is equal in terms of weapons and abilities. In order to be better than the people on the other team, you have to have more skill.

Perfectly said

they gave me no blooming reticles for 4 from what i can tell, so if i can just have my halo 3 physics engine, ill be content with whatever you want to throw onto the game.

may i just say that you people complaining about my complaining aren't very nice to begin with. I'm just using "dumb" because I'm trying to fit in with your hip lingo like "These people need to go away" or my favorite, "No one else gives a damn but you."

My bluntness is in retaliation and defense of OP's point against the grammatically challenged and hostile naysayers that seem to condemn anything that isn't in line with what they think.

And why couldn't halo be tied in with the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" mentality that Cod has? The average person's mentality is to want familiarity, not a new platform. If a person buys a sequel to a game, that person generally looks for better graphics, a new storyline and some changes like different weapons and enemies. This is all Psych 101

No it gets boring for you, not me and the thousands of other people that want they game to stay what it is or was at least, and why the hell would you compare the books to the multiplayer gameplay.

While this may be true, and it wouldn't get boring to thousands of loyal players of the francise.... They aren't, and I wouldn't ever expect them to, focus on those thousands of players..... They are, and need to focus on the MILLIONS of other players that are getting bored of the same thing over and over... And also on those players that haven't been drawn into the Halo franchise by this point... The Point is, you are correct there are thousands of players that wouldn't mind it to stay the same... But there are MILLIONS that they want, and NEED to target to ensure the growth of the franchise for future games.

• Like 2

halo has always had new features in every game. halo 2 added more colors, emblems, and customizable game types. halo 3 had customizable armor, theater, and forge. ODST had firefight. halo wars was an RTS. and Reach had all of the above (excluding halo wars), but better. all of them had great story and multiplayer components. halo 4 should be no different.

I think this thread has outlived its usefulness at this point. Nothing more than a bunch of rambalings. Unless someone actually wants to submit a legitimate concern and not just cry about it like an annoying Japanese and/or American school girl on her menstrual cycle (not to be confused with racism as I actually like Japanese people, just not when they squeal in my ear).

Why the hell does everyone say that the game has to evolve, i would be perfectly happy with a game that played just like halo 3 did, with a new story and maybe a new game mode. Thats why i had no problems with halo 3 pretty much the same as halo 2 with a couple tweaks and new game mode (FORGE), nothing changed. Im a mechanic and i live by the saying if it isnt broke dont fix it, same rules apply here. It wasnt bad at all why should it be changed, and there are tons of people who would agree with me

hmm maybe if u hate halo 4 so much and dont wanna buy it and love halo 3 so much we can all win yes? u dont buy halo 4 u stay on halo 3 we buy halo 4 and u stay on halo 3 and we all happy yes?

This is why people like you and me will never see eye to eye on this matter. I loved the game for what it was and by taking those things out of the game that i love and replacing them it turns it into something completely different.. which makes sucks considering halo 2 and 3 are some of my favorite games of all time.

I know ill probably dislike the game because i had the same thoughts towards reach before it came out and i couldnt stand that game

see my point exactly u loved halo 3 for what it was like "thousands of other ppl" as u said before so u and those guys can still have fun over there as for the part where u say its "completely different" its supposed to be, thats what makes it a new game perhaps u should consider saving ur opinions until u have tried a game btw? seeing as ur saying u hate games before they come out

halo has always had new features in every game. halo 2 added more colors, emblems, and customizable game types. halo 3 had customizable armor, theater, and forge. ODST had firefight. halo wars was an RTS. and Reach had all of the above (excluding halo wars), but better. all of them had great story and multiplayer components. halo 4 should be no different.

^<<<< EXACTLY this is the #1 point here the halo series is slowly but surely advancing towards perfection as it makes its way there CLEARLY things WILL CHANGE u may not like them BUT THEY WILL CHANGE such is life now if u dont like the change by all means stick to the previous halos that bungie has left in its wake that we have all enjoyed at one time or another but the rest of us shall be greatly enjoying the improved graphics and epic PWNAGE that is becoming more and more evident with each halo :D all i can say is HF halo 2 and 3 fanboys cause halo aint goin back to the way it was :3