Pelicans in Halo 4

PitkinTarn

Ya i've been playing Halo since Combat Evolved came out and people have wanted to have flyable pelicans since but they would be less efective than you think since even the biggest lobbies can only have 16 people (8v8) while a single pelican could carry both teams

I would say they should make that strictly for custom games, especially since 343 wants everything to have continuity, if pelicans were in MP they would have to weaken it so it wasnt disadvantages to other teams, and then they would have to weaken pelicans in the actual game too and who knows how big of a change that could turn out to be.

It will be good once the playlist sizes increase...which I'm hoping for in the next generation. For the time being though, it would be nice to have it in forge, customs and campaign BUT theres no critical reason for its implementation in Multiplayer while Halos games are still relatively small scale. Once we get up to huge maps with 24 players or whatever, maybe then.

• Like 3

I also agree that we should have Pelicans, but also the Phantom and the Spirit. With all the features that we see and love in the Campaign and Firefight. We have to balance the play out here.

Yes, wouldn't be fair to just have the Pelican. Need at a minimum the Phantom as well, I don't know if I'd add both, but definitely need one.

*The minimum of 6 rockets to take down or 4 spartan laser blasts

Please take a moment to think about how absurd and ridiculous this would be. 6 rockets to take down? You literally need to have 2 separate rocket spawns picked up, controlled by your team, and NOT use them until you see a pelican in the sky. Even then, you have to be a marksman with them if they don't include lock on ability and have both people stay alive long enough to pop off at least 2 rockets each. 4 laser blasts? The charge up and cool down time between blasts alone would make this an impossible feat to pull off unless the pelican is flying completely straight and isn't smart enough to duck behind cover.

As for the person that said the pilot needs to have an option to open/close the door in the back, the passengers would already be protected enough since you can only hit them from behind. Passengers need to be vulnerable in vehicles since they can carry objective items and the pelican already provides too much cover in my opinion.

I would rather they stay out of matchmaking and are soley controllable in campaign and custom games.

• 3 months later...

They probably won't be in multiplayer at least for this reason: In halo reach you couldn't use the passenger seats in a falcon, bungie did this to make the game more balanced as destroying a fully loaded falcon would be an instant Killtrocity. Imagine what you would get with a fully loaded pelican so for this reason they probably won't be in halo 4 multiplayer but they may be in campaign and custom.