Weapons of Halo 4

Gravastar

Im a bit confused about the weapons that'll be in Halo 4. There is the DMR and the Battle rifle! It don't make sense. Where was the DMR in Halo 3? 2 or 1? I thought the DMR was upgraded to the Battle rifle. I just like the story to make sense. So 343 are going to put the Needler rifle in Halo 4 too? Focus rifle or Beam rifle.

Ditching the Bubble Shield! Why oh why?

What? There's no bubble shield? So I won't be able to have bubble parties any more? Well that just sucks! I hope that they at the very least add some badass replacement for it. R.I.P. bubble shield. :crybaby:

The BR55/85HD was never an upgraded version of the Designated Marksman Rifle. In my view, the DMR was a widely used weapon by the Army and not the Marines, who were 98% of the time in Halo CE, Halo 2, Halo 3, and ODST. So Halo 4 has a chance of the UNSC Army appearing. It's like the Falcon and Pelican. The Falcon is used in the Army while the Pelican is used by the UNSC Marines and the Navy. :) Simple.

• Like 2

Simple? The DMR wasn't in any other Halo game except Reach, it wasn't used by troops or shock troopers in all other Halo's either, simple.

I was watching a video by Bungie before Reach was released and it was stated that the Battle rifle is the DMR's predecessor.

Heres the reason 343 really does things: For Gameplay.

343 will not hesistate to do something which makes little sense canonically and then make up a BS excuse for it (as Bungie did with AA's in Reach).

Not that this is a bad thing mind you, as long as the gameplay change is appropriate. Having the DMR, BR is possible now that we have loadouts so its okay for weapons to be a little bit redundant.

of course, the more weapons the better. its just a bit weird having both DMR and BR, doesn't make much sense story wise. A little confusing that's all. Basically both the same weapon, DMR: single shot. BR: three burst shot. Rail Gun does look the business though, can't wait to see how it works. Hopefully they'll replace the bubble shield, but doubtful :( Yup RIP Bubble shield, you were my favourite, actually, no you weren't.

I know I wont be useing the dmr ever.

Any particular reason why? Sure, the BR is back, but it's already been stated that the BR at long range won't cut it, that's why the DMR is in. So just curious why you won't be using it.

The DMR is being put into Halo 4 just because the BR doesn't cut it at long range in comparison!?Ahahahaha!

I do hope you're not laughing at my previous statement, because it's already been stated multiple times by 343 employee's. AR = Close Range, BR = Mid Range, DMR = Long Range. Those are the "prime" locations for use.

Now don't get me wrong, I always thought the DMR was upgraded to the BR too. So it confused me as to it's purpose being in the game. The way I would have rather seen it would have been a toggle to go between 3-round bursts and single shots, rather than two seperate weapons.

I do hope you're not laughing at my previous statement, because it's already been stated multiple times by 343 employee's. AR = Close Range, BR = Mid Range, DMR = Long Range. Those are the "prime" locations for use.

Now don't get me wrong, I always thought the DMR was upgraded to the BR too. So it confused me as to it's purpose being in the game. The way I would have rather seen it would have been a toggle to go between 3-round bursts and single shots, rather than two seperate weapons.

Yup. The only reason they're putting DMR in is just because it doesn't cut it at long range in comparison to the BR? Although their zoom capacity is basically the same? And it doesn't make sense being in H4 anyway.

Yeah! I've thought that too, being able to switch between single or burst shot! Would be amazing!

Yup. The only reason they're putting DMR in is just because it doesn't cut it at long range in comparison to the BR? Although their zoom capacity is basically the same? And it doesn't make sense being in H4 anyway.

Yeah! I've thought that too, being able to switch between single or burst shot! Would be amazing!

The BR doesn't cut it at long range in comparison i meant, sorry.

Next time just edit your original post rather than posting 3 times in a row. Mods aren't fond of that.

But yeah, it does boil down to ranges. The spread on the BR isn't horrible at mid range, I would wager it's even better at close range but then the player needs to be more accurate, but at long range it'll be too unweildly (the bullet spread), while the DMR is a more precise weapon for the longer distances. Not up to the sniper rifle standards, mind, but more accurate than the BR will be.

Now, as for "doesn't make sense being in Halo 4" - - there are a lot of things that don't make sense between all of the games. They do their best, but some things need to be changed, removed, added. All to better the game play.

Next time just edit your original post rather than posting 3 times in a row. Mods aren't fond of that.

But yeah, it does boil down to ranges. The spread on the BR isn't horrible at mid range, I would wager it's even better at close range but then the player needs to be more accurate, but at long range it'll be too unweildly (the bullet spread), while the DMR is a more precise weapon for the longer distances. Not up to the sniper rifle standards, mind, but more accurate than the BR will be.

Now, as for "doesn't make sense being in Halo 4" - - there are a lot of things that don't make sense between all of the games. They do their best, but some things need to be changed, removed, added. All to better the game play.

What's not working for you?

Also, I agree, I would like the story to make sense, but in the interest of gameplay, I'll let a few things slide as long as they explain it in more detail why something is the way it is.

For example, perhaps you won't run into a DMR in the game until you meet up with the UNSC Infinity? Being a training ship, you'd think they have just about every weapon possible aboard.