The verstaility of the most ignored weapon in Halo : plasma pistol

John 117

Hey there,to all the fans of halo reach.You might have played it on easy,normal,legendary or even mythic,but if you remember,there were often 2 banshees in the spire.I often wondered how to get one of them.A few months ago I went to halo nation to see exactly how cheap the plasma pistol was.In one of the corners, i read "Halo: Reach can it help against "soft" targets,otherwise it is primarily used to disable equipment/energy shielding. Also, because of the extreme temperatures released, a vehicle running on a hydrogen engine, or one that is lightly covered, can be damaged or disabled if the overcharged bolt hits it — in addition to the high temperatures, the electromagnetic bottle containing the plasma can produce an EMP which can disable many various electronic devices within range."I had a mad idea,almost at once.I used an overcharge shot at the banshee; and bang,I was in. It was one of the most memorable moment of my halo experience.That day i had destroyed about 28 wraiths and revenant:I had killed an innumerable amount of covenant forces in firefight; all using a weapon considered second rate.I had shifted from killing grunt, to destroying wraith, to burning gravity hammer brutes, using a weapon I would never touch before.Plasma pistol is now my signature weapon in reach.I hope I have altered the view of those who think this weapon as uncouth.

J117 signing off.

you know what is the most ignored weapon, I have noticed? The plasma rifle. People never use it! Like how many times have you seen a player wielding a plasma rifle outside elite slayer. I like the plasma rifle, so this annoys me... It's a great weapon.

While I don't agree that the plasma rifle is a great weapon, I do agree that it is ignored most of the time. Very, very rarely will I see somebody pick one up and use it. To me, it just doesn't seem as effective. Dunno. The plasma pistol on the other hand? Use it to knock out shields, disable vehicles, etc. etc. and it's awesome. I don't underrate it at all.

• Like 1

you know what is the most ignored weapon, I have noticed? The plasma rifle. People never use it! Like how many times have you seen a player wielding a plasma rifle outside elite slayer. I like the plasma rifle, so this annoys me... It's a great weapon.

If only we could duel wield :(

Its an amazingly effective weapon in campaign, but in MP? By the time you get it to charge, lock on, shoot, and switch to DMR, you're dead.

Depends on the situation. If the other player is not facing you in the first place then odds are you can take him out. The pistol is an awesome weapon. And from what we have heard I think it is going to be a beast in halo 4

While I don't agree that the plasma rifle is a great weapon, I do agree that it is ignored most of the time. Very, very rarely will I see somebody pick one up and use it. To me, it just doesn't seem as effective. Dunno. The plasma pistol on the other hand? Use it to knock out shields, disable vehicles, etc. etc. and it's awesome. I don't underrate it at all.

I agree, It was best in Halo 2 and 3 when you could duel wield them and be like :2guns: .