Ask The Director.

The Director

I have only one eye and a long tail that I let fly. Every time I go through a gap, I leave a bit of my tail in the trap. What am I?

A threaded needle.

No. It is so simple that you will facepalm.

The answer is technically correct. lol

Director, why are people suddenly trying to use riddles to stump you now?

Because they don't know that I used to be a sphinx.
  • Like 1

Five fingers have I, I have no bone, nor raw flesh. I do not cover flesh and bone, however. I can be obtained in any modern kitchen, for a fee. What am I?

I'm going to guess fork, even though those most commonly only have three or four fingers.

I'm going to guess fork, even though those most commonly only have three or four fingers.

As discussed in the Shoutbox, locally where I live, we can order baskets of chicken fingers in groups of 5. Unheard of everywhere else. Eventually, I will come up with a good one. I aim to improve my skills right now. :lol:

What was the biggest naval rifle put afloat on any type of warship.

16"/50 caliber MK7

As discussed in the Shoutbox, locally where I live, we can order baskets of chicken fingers in groups of 5. Unheard of everywhere else. Eventually, I will come up with a good one. I aim to improve my skills right now.

l_1506_forks.jpg
  • Like 2

Wrong there was an 18.1" on a Battlewagon(Battleship) named the Yamato(Imperial Japanese Navy) you're thinking of an Iowa Class Battleship on the U.S. side which only had 16" rifles

Got me there. I was thinking power/size rather than just size lol I'll give it to you.

what would be a good name for a carrier in the halo fanfic i'm working on?

UNSC Inspiration. :D

Director, a plane crashes on a(your) island and a single man steps out of the wreckage. There is a nice clearing surrounded by beautiful trees and a rocky cut-out in a cliff. Where would you suggest he bury his wife?

If he's a single man then he wouldn't have a wife lol
  • Like 3

In a world of unknowns, what is known?

Unknowns lead to things being known, so whatever is known is known. Even if they know that something is unknown, the fact that it is unknown is known.

besides Director, who has posted the most times in this thread?

Me lol And if you mean not me, then probably Admiral William

Why does matter not explode when using bananas as a source of nuclear energy?

Nuclear energy is made by the release of energy when splitting atoms (little explosions), so yes, there is always minor explosions with nuclear energy, no matter what you are using as the source of fuel.

Is refraining from "popping" your joints better for you in the long run?

There is no scientific evidence supporting the wives tale that popping your joints is bad for you. In some cases, if you don't pop them the air in the joints can build up and become painful. However, with popping your joints there is always the chance of overextending and injuring yourself. Basically, it's a 50/50.

Ok here is a controversial one, that you cannot possibly answer:

Is there a God?

There are many God's. There is Ra, Jehovah, Allah, Zues, and Thor to name a few. If there were no God or Gods, then there would be no religion. As far as if they exist, that's up in the air at the moment. The universe does show some signs of an intelligent creator, but not conclusively. Also, impossible to answer questions will be ignored lol You know this.

NCC 1701, the best so far. In Star Trek: The Original Saga, Captain Kirk was wearing a wig... True or False?

There is testimony that he has worn a Toupee from some of his ex's, however it has never been publicly confirmed if he did or not. Most people think that he did, but as said before he has never admitted to wearing a hairpiece before, nor have any credible witnesses came forward to confirm the suspicion that he does.
  • Like 1

k Director, i have just found your maker!!!

Read Carefully though..........

'A snooker table(measuring 8m by 4m)with 4 pockets(measuring 0.5m and placed at diagonal slants in all 4 corners)contains 10 balls(each with a diameter of 0.25)placed at following co ordinates

2m,1m...(white ball)

...and red balls...

1m,5m... 2m,5m... 3m,5m

1m,6m... 2m,6m... 3m,6m

1m,7m... 2m,7m... 3m,7m

The white ball is then shot at a particular angle from 0 to 360 degrees (0 being north, and going clockwise).

Just to make it clear, a ball is "potted" if atleast half of the ball is in the area of the "pocket"

Assuming the balls travel indefinately (i.e no loss of energy via friction, air resistance or collisions). answer the following:

A- What exact angles should you choose to ensure that all the balls are potted the quickest?

B- What is the minimum amount of contact the balls can make with each other before they are all knocked in?

C- Same as b, except that each ball, just befroe it is knocked in, must not have hit the white ball on its previous contact(must be red instead of course).

D- What proportion of angles will leave the white ball the last on the table to be potted?

k Director, i have just found your maker!!!

Read Carefully though..........

'A snooker table(measuring 8m by 4m)with 4 pockets(measuring 0.5m and placed at diagonal slants in all 4 corners)contains 10 balls(each with a diameter of 0.25)placed at following co ordinates

2m,1m...(white ball)

...and red balls...

1m,5m... 2m,5m... 3m,5m

1m,6m... 2m,6m... 3m,6m

1m,7m... 2m,7m... 3m,7m

The white ball is then shot at a particular angle from 0 to 360 degrees (0 being north, and going clockwise).

Just to make it clear, a ball is "potted" if atleast half of the ball is in the area of the "pocket"

Assuming the balls travel indefinately (i.e no loss of energy via friction, air resistance or collisions). answer the following:

A- What exact angles should you choose to ensure that all the balls are potted the quickest?

B- What is the minimum amount of contact the balls can make with each other before they are all knocked in?

C- Same as b, except that each ball, just befroe it is knocked in, must not have hit the white ball on its previous contact(must be red instead of course).

D- What proportion of angles will leave the white ball the last on the table to be potted?

a) 5, 8, 20, 68, 72, 90, 120, 145, 149, 190.

b)You need to define this question better. "Minimum amount of contact", as in how many times they can touch each other or how much force or both?

c) See above.

d)6, -3, -4.5, 3, 2, -2, -2.5,

• Like 1