The end has come.

heghog

343 decided to take a step away from halo by putting creat a class in. In doing so they triped and fell down the stairs 2 some dark wet basement that I dont like. In halo 4 vehicals will be useless because of one simple mistake. Now in vehical rich maps everyone will be walking instead of driveing because vehicals wont tern on and they will just sit there. Its not because people dont go into theme its because people keep plasma pistoling them. This is because you will most likely be able to select it as a secondary and everybody probly will, so dont expect to buy the game to drive. Buy the game ready to get your feet soar.

This isn't true. Just because you can create a class doesn't mean you'll be able to pick the pistol you want. You'll most likely have to find the plasma pistol on the map. The reason they made custom classes is mainly because the DMR and the BR are both on the same game. Some would want the BR and some would want the DMR. Heck some people would want the Assault Rifle. In the end the custom class installment is going to be the best thing ever done to Halo.

• Like 2

Weapons dropping in care packages, create a class and possibly no skill based rank system?

The end is (possibly) nigh for anyone who wants to see a return to the Halo 3 style re-vamped.

Eh, ranks are pointless anyway. There are 10's in Halo 3 that can make a team of 50's rage quit. There are Sergeants in Halo Reach who can do the same to Inheritors. Don't get me wrong, it's nice to say things like, "ha ha I outrank you", but ranks were never meant to be taken seriously.

As far as the OP, pessimism gets you nowhere. Halo 4 isn't the end of Halo 3, or the first trilogy, but the beginning of a new series of Halo games. This means that what doesn't work in Halo 4 will not be in Halo 5 or 6. Halo 4 is like 343i's Halo 1. It could be better than you think, or just as bad as you think. We won't know until we get there. The only people qualified to say what Halo is and isn't are the ones who create it.

Also, an interesting little tid-bit, people said the same thing about Halo 3, but for the exact opposite reason. Here's a direct quote from a forum post on Bungie.net just before the release of Halo 3, "Halo 3 is too much like Halo 2. It's following the path of CoD. It's going to ruin any future Halo games because they won't evolve anymore."

• Like 4

There are 10's in Halo 3 that can make a team of 50's rage quit.

I have never encountered that situation in my entire Halo 3 career which contained roughly 7 or 8 thousand games. Never.

You sir, are talking out of your anus.

A skill system means more than you think...If you are 45 for example in team slayer, you will have a difficult game with people of similar skill considering it gets difficult for the majority to get past high thirties.

It's not all about 'bragging rights'

I have never encountered that situation in my entire Halo 3 career which contained roughly 7 or 8 thousand games. Never.

It actually happens a lot now a days. Usually people but accounts and think their cool and when they get owned they just rage quit.

I hate to be a negative nigel or even I dare say a pooey pete...but....

99.999999% of the time a team of 4 legit 50s will DESTROY a team of 4 legit 10s.

Do you guys just want a non-skill based Reach-esque system involving time spent online rather than actual effort to reach the top?

A skill system means more than you think...If you are 45 for example in team slayer, you will have a difficult game with people of similar skill considering it gets difficult for the majority to get past high thirties.

It's not all about 'bragging rights'

So you've never heard of derankers and boosters then? Most boosters have accounts that are lv 50, but their deranker accounts usually stay at a very low level. Also, people who boost to 50 can get pwnd by a person who deranks who used to be a 50. So no, I'm not talking out of my anus, I'm talking as a deranker/booster. And you said rank system, not skill system. Those are two very different things. Pretty much the only thing they have in common is that they can both be manipulated by people that know what they are doing.

I'd also like to point out that there are accounts out there that can boost a person to a 50 in any playlist in under 20 games.

Nothing you said is news to me. I know derankers and boosters personally IRL. Let's cut to the chase here Mr. Director, what would you like to see in Halo 4's ranking system?

Tough question. Honestly, I'd like to see one that is very difficult to manipulate by boosting, so it would probably have to be based on individual skill rather than w/l ratio (like Halo 3). Here's how I think I'd like it to be:

Ranking system based on levels 1-50 that is given base on individual player skill (k/d, medals, and whatnot) and a symbolized ranking system that shows time spent playing the game (credits or exp based). This way, you know that you are in trouble if you see a lv50 Inheritor on the other team. However, the ranking system should only go negative based off of an individual player, to prevent booster accounts. There will still be derankers, but they won't affect things that much. They also shouldn't make it a one step forward two steps back type of thing for the 1-50 ranking system either, which will help against derankers. Also, armor customizations and such should be unlocked based on the symbolized rank, and symbolized rank should also be based off of skill to some level. The better you are, the more you rank up in both rank types.

• Like 2

Tough question. Honestly, I'd like to see one that is very difficult to manipulate by boosting, so it would probably have to be based on individual skill rather than w/l ratio (like Halo 3). Here's how I think I'd like it to be:

Ranking system based on levels 1-50 that is given base on individual player skill (k/d, medals, and whatnot) and a symbolized ranking system that shows time spent playing the game (credits or exp based). This way, you know that you are in trouble if you see a lv50 Inheritor on the other team. However, the ranking system should only go negative based off of an individual player, to prevent booster accounts. There will still be derankers, but they won't affect things that much. They also shouldn't make it a one step forward two steps back type of thing for the 1-50 ranking system either, which will help against derankers. Also, armor customizations and such should be unlocked based on the symbolized rank, and symbolized rank should also be based off of skill to some level. The better you are, the more you rank up in both rank types.

I pretty much agree with everything you said here. I especially like the fact it pleases everyone, except boosters. :clap:

If you're referring to plasma pistols being in the default loadout for a demonstration game then it doesn't mean anything. Just because they had it in the demo build doesn't mean it will be in matchmaking. Also we're not even sure if a plasma pistol overcharge will disable a vehicle anymore.

I do not know if you guys have heard yet, but they have leaked how they plan on making the ranking system. It sounded a little something like this:

They are going to make somewhat of a hybrid

between the halo 3 and halo reach ranking systems. I say this, because this is how it'll

work: Just like in halo 3, there will be an EXP

system of ranking up. Meaning one win, equals

however many amount of EXP. Now. They have

added a reach side to this, by including a

system temporarily called 'Spartan points'. This

will work somewhat similar to reach's credit

system; just set up slightly differently. You see,

instead of simply getting credits every game, like

reach, you get them apron every rank up. So

basically, you win a game, and you rank up. So,

after you rank up, you will get Spartan points. I

think that is fairly simple to remember.

Anyway, this is what has been leaked on the ranking system. Although they have released

how they will do it, we are still yet to see what

tgey plan to use for ranks themselves: Either

reach's picture and name ranks, or halo 3's 1-50

ranks. I will update once I know for sure.

As for the concern regarding the plasma pistol custom loadout idea, I doubt they would allow that, as they likely know that would be an issue too. So for now, I say dint worry about it; 343 will make the right decision.