Just found out Halo 4 has loadouts.

Drakell

So I just found out that the game will be becoming more like CoD and less like Halo. Loadouts... Are you kidding me? AND a point system to unlock better gear?!?!?

Sorry, that just killed the game for me.

Will NOT buy.

I think everyone has already nailed what i wanted to say id just like to add you will still get the game dont lie to yourself and secondly you need to get out of the past man live in the present and look to the future halo is all about change most of the time good change loadouts is something that has been needed for awhile. so i have a question for you which weapon judgeing on past halo games will you want to start out with DMR BR or AR?

I disagree with the OP, just wanna make the point...change is not what made Halo great. Halo's initial vision was what made it great and going to Halo 2 and Halo 3 just upgraded and expanded the vision. Not changing it. It was a matter of innovating and introducing new elements in a world where these elements did not formerly exist...not changing the basic gameplay formula from game to game. The bottom line is 343's changes are a big change to that, the old style of Halo just went out the window, and while the next iteration might be Halo and it might have a whole lot in common with previous iterations, it is going to be a whole new experience.

This isn't to say change is bad. Change is neither. What 343 is doing here is a change and that is neither a good nor a bad thing by itself. It depends on what the change is. The loadouts are indeed a blow to the uber competitive Halo community beacuse the game is no longer exactly symettrical BUT most Halo players are not part of that community , nor is that Community the biggest player, financially speaking. Personally, I don't give a damn what they want...I want a game which is fun first and foremost. Doesnt matter how competitive it is. If loadouts ruin that, well I'll have something in common with the super competitive types. If not, they can play another game.

• Like 2

^ Not a Halo fan.

I support this opinion. A halo fan would get the game no matter what. I am getting tired of people like you telling us you won't buy the game. If you don't want too don't tell us. We don't give a s***. You don't want to be part of halo anymore. Get off this site then because it is a halo site if you havnt noticed.

• Like 1

I support this opinion. A halo fan would get the game no matter what. I am getting tired of people like you telling us you won't buy the

game. If you don't want too don't tell us. We

don't give a s***. You don't want to be part of

halo anymore. Get off this site then because it is

a halo site if you havnt noticed.

Come on, I agree with what you are saying, but the disrespect is not needed.

I support this opinion. A halo fan would get the game no matter what. I am getting tired of people like you telling us you won't buy the game. If you don't want too don't tell us. We don't give a s***. You don't want to be part of halo anymore. Get off this site then because it is a halo site if you havnt noticed.

Now lets be real here...if they did something which was a true travesty, you could have good reason to boycott the game. The OP's wrong of course BUT, just playing devils advocate here.

Let me be perfectly clear here because even though I haven't said it prior to this I'll say it now. I don't know how the loadouts work. But thanks for assuming I'm some sort of idiot, you are right. I am an idiot. I don't have the first clue about how they plan to make them work or eany other clue.

I fixed it for you...

I just have to say that just because someone likes previous Halo's and so therefore is a halo fan does not mean that he/she will like or agree with proposed changes in the next Halo that alter the gameplay.

Just because it says Halo on the box does not mean a Halo fan has to automatically like it.

@RoosterTeethFan, Halo is not all about change, the core gameplay of Halo had been pretty much the same throughout the first 3 Halo's, the game just evolved with new additions and weapons, but it was always balanced. The changes proposed in Halo 4 would change the core gameplay completely and that's why some people think the changes are unnecessary.

Just because it says Halo on the box does not mean a Halo fan has to automatically like it.

True but a HALO fan SHOULD buy it.....else you are going to be missing out on a new chapter of a HALO universe STORY.

And only after experiencing that story for yourself can you say: i did/did not like this story.

After that you can play the game online if you wish, and THEN say: i do/do not like how this game works online.

Of course you can also watch a stream of someone else playing the story/multiplayer, read reviews of what some other guy thinks of the game/story/multiplayer or just decide up front that because of mechanic X you are not going to buy the game, but in my opinion someone who thinks like that cannot be called a fan.

• Like 1

True but a HALO fan SHOULD buy it.....else you are going to be missing out on a new chapter of a HALO universe STORY.

And only after experiencing that story for yourself can you say: i did/did not like this story.

After that you can play the game online if you wish, and THEN say: i do/do not like how this game works online.

Of course you can also watch a stream of someone else playing the story/multiplayer, read reviews of what some other guy thinks of the game/story/multiplayer or just decide up front that because of mechanic X you are not going to buy the game, but in my opinion someone who thinks like that cannot be called a fan.

Ok I see your point, someone should experience the game first hand before making a full gone conclusion, however we are simply talking about what we know already and what has been rumoured, If someone absolutely hates what they have read/heard then its their choice not to buy the game but they can still be a fan of previous Halo's, and if they want to know the storyline then I'm sure it'll be readily available online shortly after release, besides which some people simply don't care for the storyline and are just a fan of the multiplayer experience.

Do you want me to explain to you how the load-outs are different from CoD? First off, you can only select "normal" weapons (DMR, AR, Pistol, BR) as your starter weapons, rather than being able to choose shotguns and Rocket Launchers like in CoD. Secondly, the load-outs will not appear in every game mode. Thirdly, you don't have to unlock absolutely everything in the load-outs like you do with CoD. The info on what will be unlockable is still secretive, but it's been revealed that the primary and starter weapons are already unlocked, and it's most likely going to be Armor Abilities that are unlockable.

So you see? Halo 4 isn't going to be as similar to CoD as you thought. What are the load-outs for, you ask? You know how everyone wanted DMR starts for certain maps and AR starts for others, and when they changed it to DMR/AR starts people complained about there being no pistol? Well, now instead of starting with a decent starter weapon, you get to pick which starter weapon you want. You can choose any of the "basic" weapons, which are weapons that are not considered power weapons.

Thanks for clearing that up, I honestly did not know any of that. I'm warming up the their idea of loadouts now for Halo.

OMFG this again?! i swear every forum site has the same old story, just different Names and different faces. all of the Halo games have significant differences, new abilities, new HUD, its my favorite Shooter because of that. but when some one says something about Halo becoming like CoD, let me ask you one simple question, when was the last time CoD changed ANYTHING ABOUT THERE SORRY EXCUSE FOR ENTERTAINMENT?!?!?! and before you say something stupid like "durr ba derp but duh Halo is having things that CoD has 2 and dair 4 dey r gonna be dah same game badahuuuuuuuurrrrrrrr" first off that hurt my soul typing, second the aspects being added are common for a lot of shooters, not just CoD. if Halo stayed the same for years on end, with absolutely no big change in the game what so ever, then it would be turning into CoD, YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID!!! (P.S. I hate CoD just as much as all of you, Just FYI.)

OMFG this again?! i swear every forum site has the same old story, just different Names and different faces. all of the Halo games have significant differences, new abilities, new HUD, its my favorite Shooter because of that. but when some one says something about Halo becoming like CoD, let me ask you one simple question, when was the last time CoD changed ANYTHING ABOUT THERE SORRY EXCUSE FOR ENTERTAINMENT?!?!?! and before you say something stupid like "durr ba derp but duh Halo is having things that CoD has 2 and dair 4 dey r gonna be dah same game badahuuuuuuuurrrrrrrr" first off that hurt my soul typing, second the aspects being added are common for a lot of shooters, not just CoD. if Halo stayed the same for years on end, with absolutely no big change in the game what so ever, then it would be turning into CoD, YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID!!! (P.S. I hate CoD just as much as all of you, Just FYI.)

agreed with all of that.

lol so much hate in pretty much everything after page 1. So many people saying I'm not a halo fan.

Once again, major fan. But that doesn't mean I have to buy the game. Bungie made the games I loved. Halo 1-3. Those are the people I support. If they made this game, yeah, I may buy it to support them. Also people still don't think I know how loadouts work which is a completely ridiculous statement in itself.

People hate so much they feel the need to edit my posts?

Yeah you guys are right, I'm the completely disrespectful person here.

And to the guy saying this is a halo forum. You are only partially correct. It's a 343 industries website and only a halo 4 forum. Remember that. Bungie is the true master of the game.

So I just found out that the game will be becoming more like CoD and less like Halo. Loadouts... Are you kidding me? AND a point system to unlock better gear?!?!?

Sorry, that just killed the game for me.

Will NOT buy.

Halo: Reach had load-outs. You could customize them for custom games. There is a ton separating the two games, Halo an COD. You even say you won't buy the game, because of load-outs. I still don't see why you keep arguing with the fact that you gave up on Halo.

lol so much hate in pretty much everything after page 1. So many people saying I'm not a halo fan.

Once again, major fan. But that doesn't mean I have to buy the game. Bungie made the games I loved. Halo 1-3. Those are the people I support. If they made this game, yeah, I may buy it to support them. Also people still don't think I know how loadouts work which is a completely ridiculous statement in itself.

People hate so much they feel the need to edit my posts?

Yeah you guys are right, I'm the completely disrespectful person here.

And to the guy saying this is a halo forum. You are only partially correct. It's a 343 industries website and only a halo 4 forum. Remember that. Bungie is the true master of the game.

yeah Bungie WAS the true master of the game not anymore lol.