Halo 4 - Supported or Nay? Most pix on Halo say Nay

RelevantWolf

Hello all,

Most of you don't know who I am, so allow me to introduce myself. I am David, a truly dedicated Halo fan (not an obsessive one that buys costumes and ridiculous items) but a fan nonetheless. I found, as I have been browsing the file browser of Halo: Reach that most of the community does not support 343 Industries and their struggle to continue Halo and, hopefully, make it better than it ever was in the past. Now, I am no critic, but I consider 343 Industries is doing a wonderful job on Halo 4 on several levels - thus I came here to prove my case in hopes of arguing the fact that "Halo will be Call of Duty" or "343 is ruining Halo" as many of the Reach community advertise. 343, I ask that you pay attention, and close attention to what I will say and what the community says, sure, most opinions cannot change, but with proper actions, may be mind - changing.

While browsing the File Browser on Reach, I was in disbelief when I saw that 343 was being ridiculed! I saw many of the following statements made:

"343 is turning Halo into CoD!"

"343 is ruining Halo! I can't recognize the game anymore!"

"Help us tell 343 that they are ruining Halo! Recommend Now!"

"343 Sucks!"

"Halo 4 will be a disaster!"

And so on.

I would like to retaliate my opinion against these (by supporting 343) for Halo 4 and the new Halo trilogy that is to come. I understand clearly that, perhaps, 343 is not trying to make Halo look like CoD. In my honest opinion, Halo has never been like CoD, the only similarity between Halo and CoD is that they are both first person shooters, NOTHING MORE. Halo has always been a place for fun, community activities and hosting maps that have no correlation to the game (like super happy fun slide, or Cops and robbers) as well as maintaining a competitive feel for online game play. I always enjoyed the semi - large maps of Halo, with vehicles that bounced unnecessarily. A thriving community is what CoD lacks that Halo has. On another note, the weapons of Halo have always tested the skill, the true skill, of an individual player, those who are mad, in my opinion, simply are too used to Call of Duty's Aiming system and cant handle firing based on the redicule. 343 has definitely, also, helped Halo Reach and it's issues with the Title Updates.

"343 is ruining Halo! I can't recognize the game anymore!"

This statement is what intrigued me the most. In my opinion, honestly, 343 has made Halo look more like it is within it's time era! I mean, reason with yourselves, Halo takes place in the 26th Century, do you really think a super powered Spartan is going to look like another soldier with just extra armor? No! A super soldier should look awesome, god like, and look like a hero among heroes. Not like a scrawny army soldier with gel padding and shields. Other pictures on the File Browser suggest that 343 cannot handle Halo. Well, I honestly think that all Halo fans out there, including me, are just scared that another company (not Bungie) is running the Halo show. I mean, who wouldn't be? This strange transition between companies, I have come to reason with myself, has NO EFFECT on Halo all and in itself.

Take a look at 343, they are compromised of old Bungie members, and Microsoft employees; like the Allstate guy says "It's in good hands!". Of course, I realize and acknowledge that 343 is in a tight spot with Halo, and they realize that this can go two ways. Either they make Halo into a bigger, better franchise and story, or... they mess it up for good. But after reading the preview of what the first Halo 4 mission is like, I bet that 343 has a 90% chance of making Halo into a better franchise. Issue 229 of Gameinformer magazine previews Halo 4. It looks unmistakably promising. The textures, graphics, gameplay, visuals, and planned storyline of the game will definitely propell the Halo franchise back to a living state. Perhaps, into something more.

But the disapproval of the old, long time Halo fans, is what is bringing 343 down. I can only hope that 343 truly suceeds, and shows those who disapprove of the new Halo triology a nice piece of gaming that they will always remember. Like Halo CE. I implore 343 to read through this as well as other fans of Halo, who truly think that Halo is taking a step in the right direction, and for 343 to take actions towards disapproving fans.

As for me, I fear that Halo Reach will be long dead without constant updates and content before Halo 4 launches, which means bad news for 343 Industries. 343, Halo is your responsibility now, do not drown out the voices of the community, for they are what defines your game.

Thanks,

RelevantWolf

:D

~See you starside!~

• Like 7

Sadly...It would appear that Halo 4 might sell worse then any other halo game simply because of peoples misguided assumptions that just because halo is no longer being made by bungie that it must suck...

• Like 4

Sadly...It would appear that Halo 4 might sell worse then any other halo game simply because of peoples misguided assumptions that just because halo is no longer being made by bungie that it must suck...

I agree, some things i do not like. Such as "forerunner vision". I do not know what exactly that is yet, nor does anyone else. It is only a assumption. Also, i think 343 is doing a great job. Great graphics, bring back my favorite weapon!!!! A intriguing looking campaign, a new enemy, and all kinds of new stuff that is yet to be explained in due time and people will stop bickering. Anyways, people who are like always going 343 suck etc etc etc, aren't true halo fans and you should not worry about them. P.S what is wrong with collecting halo items like, energy swords and Mjolnir armor :D?

i use to agree with people about how halo 4 is seeming like halo 4, but what the hell was i thinking? your right halo is nothing like cod besides the fact they're both fps. i "lol"ed at the allstate reference, haha, and it's true too! I hope halo 4 has better sales than any other game, but i don't think it will happen... i used to be addicted to cod, it was all i played, but one day i put in reach for some memories and it was awesome, i didn't complain about the aiming mechanism, how long it took to kill people, and it took me off my addiction to cod IMMEDIATELY!!! i've only played cod a couple times since then, and i'm glad. i probably would have broke my xbox if i never got back into halo. cod is addicting because of how easy it is to kill people, you feel as if your the best by killing people so easily, that it blinds you from the fact that little skill is actually involved. Halo has always been different, it takes skill to continuously fire at an opponent, and getting a killing spree is always a smile on anybody's face, which is something that cod can barely ever do. i agree with everything that you said, it was all true. 7hnx!

• Like 1

Other than that they're both FPS'es, the similarity is as well that they're bringing in Classes with up to one armor ability that you can choose from and a weapon. The higher your rank, better the weapon.

That sounds similar to CoD.

Sorry about me. I want it to play well, and maybe it will.

I'm psyched for Halo 4.

they're bringing in Classes with up to one armor ability that you can choose from and a weapon. The higher your rank, better the weapon.

That sounds similar to CoD.

Other than that i can't wait for halo 4.

• Like 1

Agreed, when bungie made reach, everyone thought it was great initally, now people hate it.

We haven't seen a game from 343industries or much of a trailer, and people are already hating on it.

This is a good thread explaining all of the angles that community members have on the general Halo series. I agree with you that 343i should be taking into account still updating and making Halo: Reach better.

An interesting thing that a member discussed in the shoutbox was that 343i was making Halo: Reach look bad so that Halo 4 can look good. It seems like a very false situation, but on the other hand, it could be true.

Just something to think about.

-MaGIIXz

• 2 weeks later...

Personally, I think Halo 4 will not be bought as much as Halo 3 at first. The assumptions and the hate is ruining its reputation. I think 343 recognizes that, but they don't care, because of what will come afterwards. See, the people who WILL buy, will LOVE it. People will see they were wrong. They shouldn't be hating on 343, they should be worshiping them. They will come to see it's the BEST installment of the series and want more and more. Halo will once again come to be the most anticipated game ever, and people will beg for Halo 5. It will take a while, but considering the amount of work and resources going into Halo 4, it must be a good game. Our Halo Community will grow ever more rapidly.