why halo 4 should be like halo 3 not reach

daddyxx23

should halo 4 should be based like halo 3 or halo reach?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. should halo 4 should be based like halo 3 or halo reach?

keeping armor abilities = fail of a game

keeping more of a credit system with no skill ranking system = fail of a game

making the game simple with no armor abilities = success

making the game simple with only ability pick ups suck as invisabilty and over shield= success

making the game a skill based ranking system = success

you can not disagree with statistics , you may have thought reach was good but then you never played halo 2 or 3. the community speaks for it self as the community exploded as halo 3 came out but completely went straight down hill as halo reach arrived.

( Halo 3 is on a 77 months scale and halo reach is on a 15 month scale. which makes some of these statistics really embarrassing for reach . check out the link.)

what do you think halo 4 should be more like ? halo 3 or Halo Reach?

check it out

http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/online.aspx

• Like 1

So you mainly you want Halo 3, and nothing to do with Reach. I personally like Reach and Halo 3, If they included a little of both that would be great. But, I really would like more of Reach than Halo 3.

you guys are ***n dumb and this game is going to be ****

that what you said is totally out of line, we can have our own opinions and no one has the right to say we're dumb because of it,

and in your comment, you are dumb for saying it

• Like 2

i feel like gameplay wise, Reach did better then Halo 3 (after TU). Super Slayer feels a lot like Halo 2, which in my opinion is the most competitive Halo and had the best gameplay. Halo 3 was slightly disapointing for me but was okay overall. However, I wish that Halo 4 has the things OP has mentionned like no armor abilities and a visible ranking system.

• Like 1

ok im out of line but i just want this game to take skil and be popular for a long time

Reach took skill, just people don't like change and are like "ZOMG REACHS SUCKS WITH BLOOM AND THE DMR" and so people quit.

Make it like halo 2 and halo 3 then, that's your choice, i'll buy it, but i like the reach feel.

• Like 1

Reach took skill, just people don't like change and are like "ZOMG REACHS SUCKS WITH BLOOM AND THE DMR" and so people quit.

Make it like halo 2 and halo 3 then, that's your choice, i'll buy it, but i like the reach feel.

same here Biggles, great minds do think alike ;)

Guest deathabove1

I think they should keep the ranking system abilities and a lot more from reach but also add some from halo 3 like pick up armor abilities and get rid of armor lock

Reach was alright but i really loved Halo 3 but when it comes to stuff like weapons Halo 4 should be like 3 because it continues from that. Halo Reach was a prequel that took place before Halo CE. So for example something like the health bar might be like Halo 3 because you are using Chief's armor and the other Spartans have a different type. Dr. Halsey purposely gave Chief the "real" armor for Spartans and just gave the rest of them normal armor.

• Like 1

To be honest, i liked Halo 3 alot more so it should be in that direction. Id love to have a few new aspects to the game play, maybe a few traits similar to Reach, i never really liked the Covenant speaking English. Its a little to convenient that the alien invaders know English, a lot of things would have to happen for the international earthling language to makes its way out into the far reaches of space.

• Like 2

To be honest, i liked Halo 3 alot more so it should be in that direction. Id love to have a few new aspects to the game play, maybe a few traits similar to Reach, i never really liked the Covenant speaking English. Its a little to convenient that the alien invaders know English, a lot of things would have to happen for the international earthling language to makes its way out into the far reaches of space.

The covenant have been spying on the humans for a long time and grunts learn different languages quickly. They also trained many elites because you can't crack an enemy coded transmission if you don't know the language. That's why the Covenant spoke English in the other Halo games.

The covenant have been spying on the humans for a long time and grunts learn different languages quickly. They also trained many elites because you can't crack an enemy coded transmission if you don't know the language. That's why the Covenant spoke English in the other Halo games.

i guess.........just seams a little too fishy........ill accept that i guess but only for the elites, bruits and profits.

Keep it like reach so you can have the best of both if they ad dual weild. Why? because halo reach can recreate halo 3's multiplayer just without the dual weild... thats what i would do... because you can satisfy more people that way.

Halo Rules!

i guess.........just seams a little too fishy........ill accept that i guess but only for the elites, bruits and profits.

Why not for Grunts? Grunts are the smartest ones in the whole Covenant. That is mostly why they are there but i don't think Halo 4 would have the Covenant like Brutes, Grunts, Profits (they are all dead), and etc.

Sadly Reach multiplayer was nothing like Halo 3, the problem with it was the weapons and the armour abilities,

The armour abilities made it so if you went to splatter someone they would lock up and and kill you, and the weapons were no good for long range as they had bloom, so to shoot accurately you had to slow down thus letting them run to cover. The KEY to multiplayer is to have every player as equal as possible in terms of movement and ability, Look at Halo 3 everyone moved the same speed, jumped the same hight, started with the same guns. what this did was encourage teamwork to gain map control in order to attain the power weapons and thus win the game. players also had to change the way they played the game so they could make the most of what they had in order to get better instead of just changing their load out like in halo Reach.

I am a cod player as well and the trap that COD falls into all the time is the thought that with every new release there has to be more perks and gun attachments and proficiencies and all that. Sometimes less is better. MW3 falls into this exact problem. infinity ward have become intent on replacing skill with perks. Look at COD4 there was not much to help the player at all. the player had to change their strategy in the long run more so than just changing their class.

lets just look to forward to the return of the chief in halo 4 and hope that 343 industries does a good job.

No Bloom :)

Just a few of my thoughts

Kenney

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Reach took a significantly less amount of skill too play. Bloom and the ranking system were half the problem along with armor abilities being unbalanced with almost no requirement of skill to use them. The number of people that came back to play the game is shown by the numbers. Sales may have been good but people didn't want to return to the game. Short term success? Yes, but definitely not in the long term.

This topic has already been discussed several times. I'm ready to move on from Halo Reach and enjoy a higher quality experience in Halo 4.