why halo 4 should be like halo 3 not reach

daddyxx23

should halo 4 should be based like halo 3 or halo reach?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. should halo 4 should be based like halo 3 or halo reach?

Stop living in the past; let the series evolve and be successful.

If you don't, you're going to be one of those old, senile people who "hates everything these young kids are doing today" ;)

Oh so you mean like those who claim all rock music, even when they confuse everything that is not a Hymn or Country as rock, to be the music of the devil? LOL!

• Like 2

Reach took skill, just people don't like change and are like "ZOMG REACHS SUCKS WITH BLOOM AND THE DMR" and so people quit.

Make it like halo 2 and halo 3 then, that's your choice, i'll buy it, but i like the reach feel.

No, the argument is not ZOMG REACH SUCKS WITH BLOOM AND DMR. The argument is that bloom introduces too much variability and luck into gameplay. Even if I am timing my shots to where bloom is at a minimum, I can be fighting someone who is blasting me as fast as they can at max bloom and they can still manage to get lucky head shots.

Halo 3 is, hands down, a much more balanced game than Reach. This is why it appeals to the competitive crowd, such as myself.

• Like 1

keeping armor abilities = fail of a game

keeping more of a credit system with no skill ranking system = fail of a game

making the game simple with no armor abilities = success

making the game simple with only ability pick ups suck as invisabilty and over shield= success

making the game a skill based ranking system = success

you can not disagree with statistics , you may have thought reach was good but then you never played halo 2 or 3. the community speaks for it self as the community exploded as halo 3 came out but completely went straight down hill as halo reach arrived.

( Halo 3 is on a 77 months scale and halo reach is on a 15 month scale. which makes some of these statistics really embarrassing for reach . check out the link.)

what do you think halo 4 should be more like ? halo 3 or Halo Reach?

check it out

http://www.bungie.ne...ach/online.aspx

I couldn't agree more. Halo 3 matchmaking was perfect. The best thing about it was equipment and the simplicity of the gameplay. There was no newbish trickery involved.

If I were to say either, I'd say more like Halo 3, which it does seem to be doing for itself, but it is a separate game so it won't be "like" either: Halo 4 will, no doubt take the good aspects of previous halo titles and combine them to give us a better, more rounded experience. Halo 3 was fantastic and I'd love for halo 4 to have the same "feel" as halo 3, if anyone knows what I mean, it was a rather distinct feeling of fun, epicness and it just felt right, given that some of the team working on this have worked on previous halo titles (I'm assuming 3) I have complete faith in their ability to make it feel right for us. It shouldn't be like halo reach or halo 3: it should take halo a leap in the right direction by playing to its strengths

I myself preferred halo 2 and halo 3 over reach but it doesn't mean I want halo4 to be as "simple" or just like any of the games. This is halo 4 a completely different game and what they are implementing into this game looks promising (long as everything is well balanced obviously). I do hope they do come out with a ranked playlist myself (which I believe they will).

So far, I must say that I am quite IMPRESSED with Halo 4, well at least the campaign. It's the first time since Halo 2 that I have been actually intimidated by an enemy. Parts of the game feel like Halo, parts of the game feel like Halo 2 (EG the intimidation) and just so much more. Thus far as a gamer I can say that out of a Max score of 10 I give this game a 9.9, I would go higher, but I trully TRULLY have to be "WOWED" to say 10/10 for a score.

Reach was a terrible game. This game is like CoD and Halo had a baby, and it is a very ugly baby. It is not as bad as Reach but not even close to as good as H3 much less H2.

Apparently game developers don't grasp the concept of an even playing field. I don't want some scrub hiding behind a deployable shield (reach), I dont want rifles that are inaccurate at range (reach), I don't want experienced players to have an advantage because they have unlocked weapons that the newer people haven't (H4). What a disappointment

• Like 1

I heard from a friend that they plan to roll out a ranking system later on. Is this not true? Admittedly, I've been out of the loop after Reach disappointed. I know he didn't make it up, but it is possible he was just quoting a rumor and I thought it was fact.

Also, I'm pleased that the AA's are toned down. I agree that I'd rather they not exist, but at least they aren't super annoying like in Reach... well, at least not yet.

EDIT:

And I believe I found it:

http://blogs.haloway...nouncement.aspx