why am i punished for other's bandwidth

Nytmage

I am really getting sick of being banned i got a great connection even when i search for others i often find laggy games if the switch over from bungie is too hard for you guys give it back to them the ran it great and i NEVER had issues with Reach until 343 started it's take over. So i am force to play a game with people that randomly seem to teleport 5 feet it gets annoying to the point i quit and I get BANNED i wasnt the reason I quit because i some how got connected to or an improper host was selected that made the GAME NOT FUN and that is really what its about you want me to buy your games i want your games to be fun is that too hard to understand ....ok now heres where it gets tricky your dropping a new version of this game this year you really think in this F'ed up title update buy out switch over what ever good ol greedy billy wants to call it that is going like crap from most everyone i have asked you really think they will rush out for halo 4 right now im looking for another fun FPS that has a better match making system i mean Vote was dumb but it was ran by bungie i didnt have connection issue till 343 got in the mix

So i am force to play a game with people that randomly seem to teleport 5 feet it gets annoying to the point i quit and I get BANNED i wasnt the reason I quit because i some how got connected to or an improper host was selected that made the GAME NOT FUN and that is really what its about you want me to buy your games i want your games to be fun is that too hard to understand

Only you can press: Start>Leave Game>Yes

I understand it gets annoying, I've had it happen plenty of times. But like Biggs said, the game usually finds a new host. Sometimes I even get disconnected because of it.

I see more lag/host reset situations recently than I can every remember in Reach. It is not some constant issue, but does break the rhythm and flow of games when it happens repeatedly in one game. This happens just as much in customs as it does in MM. I have no real idea what to tell you OP about quitting out of games except that you are making a choice. I personally wait it out, tell a joke to my friends/team mates, but do feel annoyance over it. There is no "handing" the game back to Bungie. I just appear to deal with it better than you do right now.

In the last part of your OP it is hard to clearly make out what your stating, something about the TU's and who they are listening to, maybe, and possibly rushing Halo 4. Since it is not completely clear to me I won't risk taking your thread off topic.

• Like 1

Hmm. Well ever since the transfer started I have been actually lagging straight out of games. Before, just the usual would happen. Bad connection = host migration = (usually) better connection, but now when the host migrates, I get disconnected from the game itself. Any ideas why this has started to be a common issue for a bunch of people?

-MaGIIXz

I'm not blaming you or anything but maybe your connection is not the best? Also they are tranferring all the halo stuff form bungie to 343i maybe that is the cause?

I've also encountered a lot of host switching the best they can do for halo 4 is making dedicated servers.

Yup... I wouldn't say that this is a 343i issue, more of a fundamental issue on how the system works as a whole. By that, I mean host based games. Even if lag isn't noticeable in the graphics & gameplay of the game your you're in, chances are that you're still going to fall victim to it at some stage. After all, your game will only be as good as the worst player's connection to the game. If your shots arn't registering as hits, or you're getting taken out while you're in cover, then this will be down to somone's poor/sub-standard connection to the game. Seeing as the signal from the host xbox has to travel to all boxes concerned & back again, this is where the issue is... the person with the poorest connection to the game is going to hold up the data transfer signal for everyone, even if it's very minor, it'll cause issues with shots not counting, & you getting taken out, even when you feel that you shouldn't have been.

As the previous poster has said, pretty much the only decent fix for this would be dedicated servers...