Halo 4 on PC?

syatek

I would really love to see Halo return to PC.

It could definitely work. It would probably use Windows LIVE since Microsoft is the publisher.

But since 343i is in charge of Halo now, not Bungie, do you think there's a chance of getting Halo 4 on the PC?

Here's some benefits to having it on PC

Full HD

Visuals Increase

Performance Increase

Easy Record software/editing

7.1 Digital Surround Sound

Full integration with the internet and communication tools.

*please dont turn this into a "PC vs Consoles" topic.

The point of this topic isnt to argue that PC is better than Consoles or Consoles are better than PC

• Like 1

but with PC, you can use a lot more aimbots and stuff, and, people will always find a way around the defenses and mod on PC.

Ya. I agree. Even thought I won't be playing PC but I don't want Halo fans to be noobed around like that. Hacking is very easy on the PC and I also don't want the Halo community to split in half. I would enjoy having all of the fans on the XBOX.

Biggles.....remember there was an aimbot and auto rapid.fire mod for Reach within 2 weeks of release. Regardless of the platform...cheaters will.find.ways to.cheat. Console is no safer than a PC. Realistically they need to branch back out to PC. Halo PC still to this day jas more active players and servers than any other Halo title. It has a nice steady flow unlike the ups and downs of 3 tbru Reach. Bringing Halo back to PC in a proper way will only help it to crush the competition.

Biggles.....remember there was an aimbot and auto rapid.fire mod for Reach within 2 weeks of release. Regardless of the platform...cheaters will.find.ways to.cheat. Console is no safer than a PC. Realistically they need to branch back out to PC. Halo PC still to this day jas more active players and servers than any other Halo title. It has a nice steady flow unlike the ups and downs of 3 tbru Reach. Bringing Halo back to PC in a proper way will only help it to crush the competition.

Crush the competition? It won't beat TF2 or SC2 or CS? Hell, it won't even beat minecraft, so, it won't crush that much for FPS.

Someone who knows what they're talking about

Yes it is easier to get cheats and aimbots on PC, but if the developers are good at what they do and can actually make a decent anti cheat system, the game has no problems.

Ive played a TON of online competitive FPS' on PC and its very rare that i come across an aimbot.

Thing about PC too is, if there is an aimbot, players in the game can vote to kick/ban them, also there are admins that can ban bots.

With consoles, you cant do that.

So "cheaters on PC" isnt really a valid reason to not release Halo 4 on PC

Again, ShockGazm, the 360 is no safer against mods. True fact, more people modded Halo 2 on the Xbox and still do, then there ever was to this day on Halo 2 PC. PC releases in general are usually geard more towards the hardcore architects of the Halo Universe, and not very easy for the novice or casual to pick-up or use. Most hacks and mods anyway, are usually released by the modding community, and fall into the wrong hands or get used for the wrong reason. Stating that the PC is easier hacked or modded is just incorrect in any way.

Again, ShockGazm, the 360 is no safer against mods. True fact, more people modded Halo 2 on the Xbox and still do, then there ever was to this day on Halo 2 PC. PC releases in general are usually geard more towards the hardcore architects of the Halo Universe, and not very easy for the novice or casual to pick-up or use. Most hacks and mods anyway, are usually released by the modding community, and fall into the wrong hands or get used for the wrong reason. Stating that the PC is easier hacked or modded is just incorrect in any way.

I wasn't aware of that, I was sure that the PC is well knows for mods and hacks of course I get that games for xbox also get hacked. I guess you're right, I totally forgot about the fact people hack gamescore, games such as call of duty and so on. Fair point you made.

343i would never making it possible for Halo 4 to be available for PC, it's susceptible to hacks and mods.

so is console you goddam idiot

and if you actually have proper coding and anti cheat system hacking isnt a problem

youve obviously never played a PC game in your life

so is console you goddam idiot

and if you actually have proper coding and anti cheat system hacking isnt a problem

youve obviously never played a PC game in your life

Wow, arn't you a nice guy. If you looked at my reply back at "Twinreaper", you'd understand that there was really no need to call me an "idiot", people make mistakes. Yes, I have played PC games actually, I made a mistake and you decide to call me an idiot for what reason? To show superiority over me? The fact I made a mistake which automatically made you think "Oh, I'll show this guy my knowledge on said subject and call him an idiot". You're pathetic, read through the comments next time.

i would just like to add that most people forget that originally halo was a huge deal in the pc gaming world. even before the xbox existed. msoft screwed us PC enthusiasts when they bought everything. early development was 100% geared towards creating a large scale online sci-fi PC game. this game concept was dreamed up for pc because of the huge rise in FPS popularity(on PC). this is when people religously played quake2, which led to actionQ2, then to Counter strike. the birth of online competetive shooters... well at least in the extremist kind of way(ie. CAL). no one can say otherwise really. not gonna argue who has the best gaming platform, but its the truth that matters. sry to say(if you dont agree) FPS's and PC game were born together and should stay together. i would say the same about halo. but money really talks right?

-shodan

p.s. hasnt anyone ever realized that most big titles that have made PC great for gaming were shared and cross-platformed? counter strike, deus ex, battlefield 3 to name a few(starcraft and quake were on N64 lol). though it has been stated by the creators of the BF3 game that PC is the best overall platform for this title, they still put the money into development for other platforms as well. just something to think about... also seriously does anybody think that Xbox is goin to monopolize the high end gamers market. oh please. not hardcore enough for the hardcore sry to say.

• 3 months later...

I want halo 3, 4 and Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary on PC because I can't afford an Xbox but I do have a decent computer and I'm a huge fan of halo got all the books and most of the comics. So I want it on PC so I can play on it again because while the graphics of Halo 1 and 2 are good the newer ones have better graphics and would make my Halo gaming experience better. Hope 343 industries will make a PC version.

• 4 months later...

All you people who don't agree with me please just shut the front door. If Halo 4 came to PC it really would not be that bad. I'm not even 13 and I have almost every Halo, and Call of Duty on my PC and it really is not that bad. Just because a game gets hacked does not mean anything. I never heard any of you all (from what i stopped of at reading) talk about how Play Station Network got hacked, or how MW2 on XBOX LIVE GETS HACKED EVERY TIME I GET IN A GAME. Those are some things that you need to think about. Anyway, who wants to keep paying for a stupid game card to get on xbox live when they can just get on a PC and get in a match for free. PC games are actually fun when you give them a try. Play some FREE-TO-PLAY games that are mainly found on PC. I have never seen a free-to-play game on a Xbox before and it will never happen. All you people think PC games are the worst if you are the only one who plays it but let me tell you this. I can find a game in Portal 2, or even Halo 1, Halo 2, and Call of Duty MW3 in less than maybe 30 seconds of waiting. Plus my partner in Portal 2 lives all the way and England and I play about an hour with him and it takes about 20 seconds to connect. Also the game does not have to directly a PC game, it can be a FREE-TO-PLAY. All you people who are complaining about games hacks are probably noobs yourselves. I bet you cant even get a kill in Halo 4, you couldn't even make a dent in that thick suit.