halo reach petition to make halo the way it was.

fergernator

comment and rate! we want 343 to STOP making changes to playlists, we want the old halo back were it was fun. now i dont even feel like playing matchmaking when im so close to inheritor. im am a halo fan, been playing it since it came out, but what 343 is doing is MUTINY. the only reason the changes dont seem so bad is because they give a few good things with the bad changes. for example, the title update, bleed-through... nuff said, thank GOD they fixed that though. but what really ticks me off is when thy got rid of evade from every playlist, except action sack. you can take my shields, you can take my no bloom, but you CANT take my EVADE. halo reach was near perfect, all they needed to do was get rid of armor lock and jet pack, then it would be a perfect game but NOOOOO, people keep hating it and going to play call of duty FOR THAT ONLY REASON. ARMOR LOCK, JET PACK, 9 YEAR OLDS MAKING 343 LISTEN TO THEM, all my friends agree with me, do you?

Edited by Absolute Dog
Edited inappropriate remarks out of OP.
  • Like 1

I don't know if you realized this, but people asked for the changes in the Title Update. 343i applied them to playlists that people asked them to be applied to, or to ones that they thought would best suit it. There are still plenty of playlists that don't have the TU settings in effect, and you can play those to your hearts content. Plenty of people enjoy vanilla Reach, plenty of people enjoy TU Reach. Who are you to speak for everyone ("we") and demand that 343i stop making the changes that they believe will affect the game in a positive way? Ever since the TU has been applied, I've seen Reach's population increase quite a bit. That's telling me that there are plenty of people who enjoy its settings.

None of the reasons you've given for why the TU is bad are decent reasons. You've offered no detailed explanations as to why the changes are bad, only a few small "this is bad because i said so" statements. (ex: "bleed-through... nuff said"). On another note, who do you think you are calling everyone who prefers the TU, or those that 343i wanted to please a 9 year old child? You don't know them. You don't know how or what they play. You know nothing about anyone. Don't insult someone simply because the company that's now in charge of a game you enjoy is listening to every part of the community. I enjoy vanilla Reach. I enjoy the TU settings. I'm not going to screw off just because you don't like that 343i is taking into consideration the opinions of all of the members of the community, and not focusing solely on a single group. They want to please as many people as they can, and they're doing a damn fine job of it in my eyes.

No, I don't agree with you.

• Like 9

comment and rate! we want 343 to STOP making changes to playlists, we want the old halo back were it was fun. now i dont even feel like playing matchmaking when im so close to inheritor. im am a halo fan, been playing it since it came out, but what 343 is doing is MUTINY. the only reason the changes dont seem so bad is because they give a few good things with the bad changes. for example, the title update, bleed-through... nuff said, thank GOD they fixed that though. but what really ticks me off is when thy got rid of evade from every playlist, except action sack. you can take my shields, you can take my no bloom, but you CANT take my EVADE. halo reach was near perfect, all they needed to do was get rid of armor lock and jet pack, then it would be a perfect game but NOOOOO, people keep hating it and going to play call of duty FOR THAT ONLY REASON. ARMOR LOCK, JET PACK, 9 YEAR OLDS MAKING 343 LISTEN TO THEM, ?????????????????. all my friends agree with me, do you?

Perhaps this will answer your question.

comment and rate! we want 343 to STOP making changes to playlists, we want the old halo back were it was fun. now i dont even feel like playing matchmaking when im so close to inheritor. im am a halo fan, been playing it since it came out, but what 343 is doing is MUTINY. the only reason the changes dont seem so bad is because they give a few good things with the bad changes. for example, the title update, bleed-through... nuff said, thank GOD they fixed that though. but what really ticks me off is when thy got rid of evade from every playlist, except action sack. you can take my shields, you can take my no bloom, but you CANT take my EVADE. halo reach was near perfect, all they needed to do was get rid of armor lock and jet pack, then it would be a perfect game but NOOOOO, people keep hating it and going to play call of duty FOR THAT ONLY REASON. ARMOR LOCK, JET PACK, 9 YEAR OLDS MAKING 343 LISTEN TO THEM, ????????????????. all my friends agree with me, do you?

Grow up!

comment and rate! we want 343 to STOP making changes to playlists, we want the old halo back were it was fun. now i dont even feel like playing matchmaking when im so close to inheritor. im am a halo fan, been playing it since it came out, but what 343 is doing is MUTINY. the only reason the changes dont seem so bad is because they give a few good things with the bad changes. for example, the title update, bleed-through... nuff said, thank GOD they fixed that though. but what really ticks me off is when thy got rid of evade from every playlist, except action sack. you can take my shields, you can take my no bloom, but you CANT take my EVADE. halo reach was near perfect, all they needed to do was get rid of armor lock and jet pack, then it would be a perfect game but NOOOOO, people keep hating it and going to play call of duty FOR THAT ONLY REASON. ARMOR LOCK, JET PACK, 9 YEAR OLDS MAKING 343 LISTEN TO THEM, all my friends agree with me, do you?

Why this is my opinion but they are making great playlists and taking out the ones that people don't play.

Well think about this, 343i puts those updates out there to see if the people of the "Halo Nation" like it. I know some people have not liked all of the updates, I know by talking to people in the chat that they have been dissapointed in the living dead update. But they did like most of the other titile updates.

Them making changes to the playlist simply tests your skill on the game and maps they put out there for you to enjoy, it is completely your opinion that you do or do not like them.

Changing them back would be like putting a bunch of work that they have already done and throwing it away. It would also mean taking away the credit Jackpots and i'm sure no body wants those takin away. Think about some more and tell me what you think.

-Anarchy

Edited by Anarchy

Well think about this, 343i puts those updates out there to see if the people of the "Halo Nation" like it. I know some people have not liked all of the updates, I know by talking to people in the chat that they have been dissapointed in the living dead update. But they did like most of the other titile updates.

Them making changes to the playlist simply tests your skill on the game and maps they put out there for you to enjoy, it is completely your opinion that you do or do not like them.

Changing them back would be like putting a bunch of work that they have already done and throwing it away. It would also mean taking away the credit Jackpots and i'm sure no body wants those takin away. Think about some more and tell me what you think.

-Anarchy

i dont mind having them make new playlist, but i dont see why they have to make such a big change to EVERYTHING, multi teams settings should interchange between tu and vanilla, give a little of both not one or the other. thats ALL im asking. and them to put evade back, its SOOO boring without evade. all my friends want evade back.

I don't know if you realized this, but people asked for the changes in the Title Update. 343i applied them to playlists that people asked them to be applied to, or to ones that they thought would best suit it. There are still plenty of playlists that don't have the TU settings in effect, and you can play those to your hearts content. Plenty of people enjoy vanilla Reach, plenty of people enjoy TU Reach. Who are you to speak for everyone ("we") and demand that 343i stop making the changes that they believe will affect the game in a positive way? Ever since the TU has been applied, I've seen Reach's population increase quite a bit. That's telling me that there are plenty of people who enjoy its settings.

None of the reasons you've given for why the TU is bad are decent reasons. You've offered no detailed explanations as to why the changes are bad, only a few small "this is bad because i said so" statements. (ex: "bleed-through... nuff said"). On another note, who do you think you are calling everyone who prefers the TU, or those that 343i wanted to please a 9 year old child? You don't know them. You don't know how or what they play. You know nothing about anyone. Don't insult someone simply because the company that's now in charge of a game you enjoy is listening to every part of the community. I enjoy vanilla Reach. I enjoy the TU settings. I'm not going to screw off just because you don't like that 343i is taking into consideration the opinions of all of the members of the community, and not focusing solely on a single group. They want to please as many people as they can, and they're doing a damn fine job of it in my eyes.

No, I don't agree with you.

what im saying is that if 343 wants to make a perfect game, leave the playlists already there alone, if people want to play something new, make a separate playlist for all the things they want to try out, find the one people like, make new playlist. simple, but NOOOO they make us play it by FORCE. thats what im trying to convey.

what im saying is that if 343 wants to make a perfect game, leave the playlists already there alone, if people want to play something new, make a separate playlist for all the things they want to try out, find the one people like, make new playlist. simple, but NOOOO they make us play it by FORCE. thats what im trying to convey.

Except that if they did that, it would clutter up matchmaking with far too many playlists, and it would potentially split the community up even further than how they've handled it.

ok i get how some people are pissed about the playlists being taken off and i agree but that dos not mean i don't want new playlists to be added i mean BTB heavies I LOVE HEAVIES but they fuc*ed it up by putting in bonus points now i have to try my hardest not to get a headshot,beat down,assassination, spladder or sticky and because i cant do thos things without getting and undeserved kill point its affecting how good i do KEEP ALL THE NEW PLAYLIST BUT TAKE OUT BONUS POINTS PUT EVADE BACK IN AND PUT ALL THE OTHER PLAYLISTS back in i mean, 343 why cant we have all the playlists old and the new ones and if you going to take off and armor effect then take off armor lock so people cant puss* out of battles. keep heavies in BTB just take out the bonus crap heavies is great just not the bonus the bonus put is a crap idea.

werid im the only one so fare that ive read about thats only pisse* about the bonus in heavies but i know that im not the only one who hate the bonus cus all of my friends hate the bonus we all love heaveis just hate the bonus points

Actually, getting more points for doing specific things in the game should make you want to do those things. They added bonus points for completing certain things (like headshots, sticks, etc.) to encourage people to try to do these things to help their team out. Trying to and not doing these things, doing only what gets you perhaps a normal amount of points, is hurting your team and not very good teamwork in my eyes.

If they give you bonus points for headshots, sticks, assassinations, they want you to try to perform these things to help your team get one step closer to winning. You do deserve the points for doing these things. You deserve them because they added bonus points for those tasks on purpose. It's not a crap idea. If you perform something special in the game, they want to reward you for it. One way to do this is to give you extra points for managing to pull these things off. It's a rewards system, but apparently you don't like being rewarded for having landed a headshot against that one guy from a far off distance, or having snuck up behind that other person and gutting their stomach, or for tossing a plasma grenade and sticking it onto one person's face.

• Like 2

Go get em' Mystic :)

I hate people like this - people who think that they are part of the majority of people - people who think they can speak for the whole community. They are wrong.

Who cares if people go to play CoD? I certainly don't.

Not only this, but you accuse those who like Reach of being 9 years old. Am I 9 years old? No.

I think that it would be much realistic to call immature whiners, who hate on a game because they suck at it, 9 year olds. I bet you're not even old enough to legally buy reach.

• Like 2

I think being forced to play this TU **** is a load of ******* crap! what they should of done is made 'Title Update' a separate playlist... not just force these changes down our throat. Yes, maybe a large amount of people wanted changes but there is also a good sized group that didn't! I am one of them... i love halo i have played halo since halo 1 and this new TU is the saddest thing i have seen done to the game. Not just because i don't enjoy playing it but because i am forced to play it in my favorite game types like multi team, squad slayer, and rumble pit. Let us be able to play both!! They are on the right track with this new super slayer but if you look the old slayer is more popular... hint hint. I think they should just make 2 Competitive playlist sections 1(TU Competitive) & 2(Competitive) that way everyone wins. If something is not done and TU takes over a lot of people are going to stop playing Reach and i bet a good number already has. I really hope 343 comes to there senses because a large group of us are tired of TU. It just made the game to easy. REACH NEED TO BE SAVED

-Justice

I wonder what would happen if we worked out how many people who 'have always played Halo since it first came out' actually did play it back in 2001. I'm guessing maybe 10% of them? Most people who did don't go on about it because they understand that nobody actually cares how long you've been playing a game, they care about how well you support your opinions. Saying you've been playing it since you were six instead of providing any actual evidence for what you want changed impresses nobody.

I actually happen to agree with the idea that getting more points for certain types of kills than others is bad, because I think it'll hurt map movement and because I think that it shouldn't matter how you defeat an enemy, only that you do, and that not watching the respawn timer is enough of a reward in itself. Players already get bonus experience points for their medals and commendations, so I don't see the need to give in-game rewards as well.

Consider this: your team is well organised, in constant communication, and has worked hard to secure power weapons and map control points, as well as working in groups with Assault Rifles and vehicles to kill as quickly and safely as possible. My team is a disorganised bunch of lone wolves who run around with DMRs and sticky grenades. As a result, your team has 65 kills, while mine only has 35. However, my team has 70 points while yours only has 65, meaning my team is 5 fewer points away from winning compared to your team, even though your team is 30 kills ahead.

Clearly this isn't a perfect representation - some of your team will have gotten bonus points, while not every kill on my team will have earned them. But it's still worth considering that situations like this can and will occur under the bonus points system, whereby a better team loses despite dominating the flow of play.

I hate people like this - people who think that they are part of the majority of people - people who think they can speak for the whole community. They are wrong.

Not only this, but you accuse those who like Reach of being 9 years old. Am I 9 years old? No.

I think that it would be much realistic to call immature whiners, who hate on a game because they suck at it, 9 year olds. I bet you're not even old enough to legally buy reach.

This might be a little off-topic, but there really is no "legal" age to buy an M-rated game. Most stores require parental permission because they don't want the bad reputation that would come from some parent getting pissed at them. I agree with you on everything else. No one person can speak for an entire community and Reach is my favorite Halo game.

Except that if they did that, it would clutter up matchmaking with far too many playlists, and it would potentially split the community up even further than how they've handled it.

but people will play what they want... 30% of people want to play RHR in mult-team, the rest despise it. and some people dont really care how they are split apart from the community. when i play i halo, i play to evade around people and assassinate, not to socialize. if they is like 8 people playing a playlist then they are probably boosting so u should get rid of the playlist, but if there is like a couple hundred, then that playlist is pretty vivid with life and should be kept. i played about 5000 games of multi-team and taking out evade make me not wanna play it anymore, i hope you put it back.

the majority of the community im talking about stopped playing halo because they got bored of reach because it dosen't give that nostalgic feel of halo 3, and now they ones who still play it are getting pissed of all the some changes. i agree, some changes are good, some are horrible, and some are completley game changing in either a positive or negative way. TU for example was annoying and helpful, nerfed armor lock, and took out sword block, but with the price of bleedthrough. now they perfected it with the removal of bleedthrough. when they got rid of stockpile from team objective when the achievments were hard enough in game, which means it was an achievment to GET stockpile. when they got rid of evade, i stopped playing multi-team.

i played 5000 games of multi-team and i just stopped. all my friends agree that the removal of evade was an idiotic thing to do, instead of removing armor lock which a majority of the halo community (now about 900,000 atleast are playing something else because of armor abilitys). i think that every aa is stupid except evade and sprint because they take a decent amount of skill.

so i have reason to believe that my opinion expresses for most of the population of halo players about armor abilitys...

all the other changes i can live with, but WHY change something that we got used to for a year? if its something that atleast 80% of the community FOR A FACT abolish it then they will remove it. i want to see the few people who hated on evade.

Why are so many people complaining about these changes? (btw do you realise that you just became one of those 9 year olds whining to 343i to put in their stuff while others disagree with you?). And also I have seen enough posts where it said *whine voice* it doesnt feel like halo 3 anymore!!!

Well thats because it's called HALO:REACH and not halo 3.

But do what you want leave halo reach to play call of duty 2.5 hope not to see you in halo 4

I think being forced to play this TU **** is a load of ******* crap! what they should of done is made 'Title Update' a separate playlist... not just force these changes down our throat. Yes, maybe a large amount of people wanted changes but there is also a good sized group that didn't! I am one of them... i love halo i have played halo since halo 1 and this new TU is the saddest thing i have seen done to the game. Not just because i don't enjoy playing it but because i am forced to play it in my favorite game types like multi team, squad slayer, and rumble pit. Let us be able to play both!! They are on the right track with this new super slayer but if you look the old slayer is more popular... hint hint. I think they should just make 2 Competitive playlist sections 1(TU Competitive) & 2(Competitive) that way everyone wins. If something is not done and TU takes over a lot of people are going to stop playing Reach and i bet a good number already has. I really hope 343 comes to there senses because a large group of us are tired of TU. It just made the game to easy. REACH NEED TO BE SAVED

-Justice

-Justice

exactly, bungie made one mistake and that was addition of armor lock as an armor ability. the game would have atleast an extra 100,000 people playing. 343 comes in and nerfs it, and takes out sword block and they though " hey, while we are at it lets get bleedthrough and and say its gonna be like halo 3..." but NO, it only helps the noobs and makes the game helpful to them, because a needler pummel can rarely be avoided 3 shot of a needler and pummel, ur gone. 6 shots of an assualt rifle and punch then ur dead and it was so easy because the nubs can just sprint up or evade and pummel. so if ur not good in the game, get out. those who wish to become good or already good, stay. u should see my montage with evade ninjas, im so sad now because ill never be able to do it any more.

Why are so many people complaining about these changes? (btw do you realise that you just became one of those 9 year olds whining to 343i to put in their stuff while others disagree with you?). And also I have seen enough posts where it said *whine voice* it doesnt feel like halo 3 anymore!!!

Well thats because it's called HALO:REACH and not halo 3.

But do what you want leave halo reach to play call of duty 2.5 hope not to see you in halo 4

ill be in halo 4, and ill hope to snap ur neck soon as i jump over your head.

-fergernator

teh best nnja evar.