No Bloom

Three Bad Boys

Easy because he aimed well. The sniper missed and died because of it. With bloom, that never would've happened.

Prove that it couldn't happen with bloom.

But seriously now, look, I understand where you ZB people are coming from, I do. But you're riding a dead horse, really. Halo 4 is coming out this year. We've seen some gameplay footage, and so far, haven't seen bloom. Isn't that what you wanted?

I prefer 85% mainly because it's more fair, especially for precision weapons.

Have you USED the MAGNUM in ZB?

Jesus wonder why you spawn with an AR now.

Lol 85% is just right for me, I don't spam unless I'm really in someone's face. And then there's ZB where you can spam across the map.

I'd rather have more of a bullet spread, like In Halo 3. just modified.

Just going to drop this here. How can you say this doesn't take more skill? He choked and I killed him with 5 shots. NEVER would have happened with bloom.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfOIU3JFPZc

Again, I will refer to this. If you say he couldve done that with bloom, youre insane. With bloom, the sniper wouldve had at least one other shot to finish the kill.

I prefer 85% mainly because it's more fair, especially for precision weapons.

Have you USED the MAGNUM in ZB?

Jesus wonder why you spawn with an AR now.

Lol 85% is just right for me, I don't spam unless I'm really in someone's face. And then there's ZB where you can spam across the map.

I'd rather have more of a bullet spread, like In Halo 3. just modified.

That seems okay. Still feel like Halo, but make it more even. Not a bad idea.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Bloom is needed "Bad Boys", it's just needed.

No body likes the trigger-spamming noob running at you while jumping around, then tea-baggin your dead body. That's not skill. Pulling the trigger isn't skill.

Skill is learning how to use the weapon properly and actually timing your shots, working shooting angles with the architecture, paying attention to your sights/reticle, etc, not to mention that a gun with bloom is infinitly more realistic than a "stationary gun" that's shouldered while running/strafing sideways up a ramp or in mid-air.

Bloom requires skill. It requires patience, not the "I shot his face!!!" instinct that you have so clearly pointed out. There is a higher-level of Halo skill yet to be gained I think.

Bloom is not a skill. You cannot anticipate where exactly your shot is going to land within the blooming circle. It is somewhat a measurement of luck of the draw. Without bloom, when you aim your reticle over the opponent's head and fired, the bullet went where it was intended to go. Not the randomized spray that bloom provides you with.

Also, how is a completely inexperienced player supposed to spam you, when if they are so inexperienced, supposed to keep their reticle at you when you're a moving target? Correct me if I'm wrong, but "inexperienced" and "noob" and "novice", all mean not very good at whatever they are doing. So... If you claim some noob, novice, or inexperienced player can just come up and fire 5 shots hitting their mark every time, I'm missing your point. Obviously if they can do that and catch you off guard, then they are simply better than you are.

• Like 1

I dont what that arrogant guy has to say. "error angles" or bloom, whatever. In halo 2 or 3, i aimed at the head, guess what? they died. ALWAYS. Not exactly in halo reach. I feel sorry for everyone that likes reach and says bloom is better. Halo 4 comes out soon, and we will see who has more skill. and guess what, its gonna be the people that play MLG or ZB.

exactly bloom is just stupid. every halo fan i know in person quit reach due to armor lock poorly done maps and bloom its just dumb and distracting id rather have recoil.

Bloom is needed "Bad Boys", it's just needed.

No body likes the trigger-spamming noob running at you while jumping around, then tea-baggin your dead body. That's not skill. Pulling the trigger isn't skill.

Skill is learning how to use the weapon properly and actually timing your shots, working shooting angles with the architecture, paying attention to your sights/reticle, etc, not to mention that a gun with bloom is infinitly more realistic than a "stationary gun" that's shouldered while running/strafing sideways up a ramp or in mid-air.

Bloom requires skill. It requires patience, not the "I shot his face!!!" instinct that you have so clearly pointed out. There is a higher-level of Halo skill yet to be gained I think.

Where do I even begin? For starters, realism is pretty much the absolute most irrelevant consideration that I can possibly fathom. Who in their right mind cares how realistic the game is? I'm not playing a game so I can please 12 year old kids. I'm playing it to determine who the better player is, while also having fun in the process.

Secondly, I assure you that whatever "higher-level of Halo skill" you are referring to, I already have it. I promise you, I have been playing competitively since CE. I know these games and how each weapon functions down to detail. I have a competitive perspective, and I assure you strafing and PERFECT aiming required by no bloom is infinitely more skillful than "pacing" with bloom. It's not even in the same consideration. Again, as I have already said, your argument is that by pacing, I can increase my chances of winning. Here's an idea: how about instead of increasing my chances, I KNOW FOR SURE?? How hard of a concept is that?

And, I would argue that you have to be 10x more aware of your surroundings with zero bloom, because if you make one wrong move, you're dead. With bloom, you can easily sprint away.

Finally, there is no doubt in my mind that you are not very good at this game. I have long since realized that lesser skilled players support bloom, and skillful players support no bloom. Then these more casual players come up with some BS excuse for why they want bloom, when in reality they know deep down that bloom gives them the best chance to beat someone way better than they are, because it ELIMINATES THE SKILL GAP. There is 0 merit to your argument. However, it should be noted that I could not care less whether someone is a casual player or not, but don't have these casual players try to tell me what takes more skill. That is completely illogical.

^ Exactly. Countless times, the bloom has cost me kills. After I have been firing at a group of enimies, and one comes behind me, I turn around and continue firing. I manage to knock out his shields, but my reticle was so big, I couldn't get the headshot. And lost the battle to a complete noob. Also, I have opened fire on someone that was a considerable distance away, knocked out his shields, and just sprints around a corner. He turns to fight back, and I kill him, but seriously? Use sprint for what it's meant for. And I will point out; without bloom, none of these senarios would have happened.

Its funny because the masses don't agree with you, and Bungie aren't idiots, because they have had bloom in EVERY Halo game, it just hasn't been obvious because the reticule doesn't expand in the earlier titles.

So before you start hating, get your information right, cause you are wrong.

And in fact the 100% bloom takes more skill, with the bloom you need to pace your shots and aim carefully and not spam like the 0% bloom,

So you sir, are so totally wrong.

^ is 100% correct .. my own thoughts .. no bloom is kind of a waste of time for me i rather not spam my trigger button or hold it down like some kind of scrub and spray at the enemy .. i rather have some sort of bloom and pace my shots to kill the person which takes Skill.

well ZB is just blame spamming to be truthful .. lol a pacer > spammer anyday

ZERO BLOOM IS NOT SPAMMING. Both players are on an equal footing, and the better player wins almost every single time (taking into consideration some lag issues, of course). Spamming would be a a player who spams his or her shots and gets a lucky kill from mid-range on another player who decides to pace his shots.

Let me ask you a question: would you consider yourself to be a below average, average, good, or very good Reach player?

Let me follow that up with a second question: if you're answer to the above is not good or very good (which I am 99% sure is the case), why do you feel you know what you are talking about?

And don't ask me what gives me the right to assume you are not very good at this game. I already know it. If you were any good, you would be fully supporting zero bloom. There is no doubt in my mind.

ZERO BLOOM IS NOT SPAMMING. Both players are on an equal footing, and the better player wins almost every single time (taking into consideration some lag issues, of course). Spamming would be a a player who spams his or her shots and gets a lucky kill from mid-range on another player who decides to pace his shots.

Let me ask you a question: would you consider yourself to be a below average, average, good, or very good Reach player?

Let me follow that up with a second question: if you're answer to the above is not good or very good (which I am 99% sure is the case), why do you feel you know what you are talking about?

And don't ask me what gives me the right to assume you are not very good at this game. I already know it. If you were any good, you would be fully supporting zero bloom. There is no doubt in my mind.

I'm an average halo reach player i feel that zero bloom is equal towards each party , but then again there are some people that go with bloom. here are the points.

Bloom : 1. you MUST pace shots in order to retain a kill ( other than a lucky spray)

2. you must continually Pace your shots .. lol

the things ive looked into is when a person has no skill or has no idea that he/she is doing they will spam .. people pick this over zero bloom because in bloom you can just hold down LT and aim with most guns ( i am not saying ZB is bad)

as of you just accusing people or myself of being "bad" because of a simple opinion i had or something i stated and you took it the wrong way or disliked it i already looked at your service record and the playlists you have the most most awarded medals .. 24k Kills 13 K deaths 1.63 K/D most medal is sniping.. pure camping i bet that takes skill .. ive been a halo vet for 10 years i know ZB is good i am just putting a good points against it..

I'm an average halo reach player i feel that zero bloom is equal towards each party , but then again there are some people that go with bloom. here are the points.

Bloom : 1. you MUST pace shots in order to retain a kill ( other than a lucky spray)

2. you must continually Pace your shots .. lol

the things ive looked into is when a person has no skill or has no idea that he/she is doing they will spam .. people pick this over zero bloom because in bloom you can just hold down LT and aim with most guns ( i am not saying ZB is bad)

as of you just accusing people or myself of being "bad" because of a simple opinion i had or something i stated and you took it the wrong way or disliked it i already looked at your service record and the playlists you have the most most awarded medals .. 24k Kills 13 K deaths 1.63 K/D most medal is sniping.. pure camping i bet that takes skill .. ive been a halo vet for 10 years i know ZB is good i am just putting a good points against it..

First, who cares what my medals are or what my k/d ratio is in matchmaking? I don't play matchmaking very often, so that's pretty irrelevant. And sniping is not "pure camping". I hate it when people say "all you ever do is snipe me" when I play them 1v1. That's insane, seeing as sniper takes arguably the most skill, rivaling a zero bloom DMR.

Second, I will gladly play 1v1 if you think my claims are without merit.

Third, answer this for me: what takes more skill? A situation where you know that the only reason you died was because you missed one bullet, didn't strafe well, or were out positioned....or a situation where you increased your CHANCES of winning a battle by pacing but the luck just didn't go your way that time? Personally, this is no comparison. Nobody has been able to answer this simple question for me. Why should I simply increase my chances of winning a DMR battle, when I can know FOR SURE??

It's like trying to build a rocket together, but we can't even agree on the answer to 2+2. Futhermore, the artists are trying to tell the engineers to design it differently because it doesn't look pretty enough. The engineers coudn't care less if it's pretty; they just want the thing to fly successfully. The artists have no right to try to tell the engineers how to properly build a rocket.

This whole argument goes without saying in the competitive community. It's so well understood that nobody even has to say anything. They are so far removed from this discussion that they concentrate now on minor things like weapon placement. They would laugh at the very thought of someone suggesting bloom takes more skill. It's like when the engineers finally get to be alone and get back to determing the ship configuration, and not debating whether 2+2=4.

I realize that there is an MLG and TU ZB playlist, but it would be nice to have a 2v2. Also, I realize that Halo 4 is coming out soon, but it's still important since you don't want that same menality of eliminating the skill gap to go into the design of Halo 4. I don't want to give up and just say, screw it: let the artists design the second rocket. Surely it will go better the second time around...

First, who cares what my medals are or what my k/d ratio is in matchmaking? I don't play matchmaking very often, so that's pretty irrelevant. And sniping is not "pure camping". I hate it when people say "all you ever do is snipe me" when I play them 1v1. That's insane, seeing as sniper takes arguably the most skill, rivaling a zero bloom DMR.

Second, I will gladly play 1v1 if you think my claims are without merit.

Third, answer this for me: what takes more skill? A situation where you know that the only reason you died was because you missed one bullet, didn't strafe well, or were out positioned....or a situation where you increased your CHANCES of winning a battle by pacing but the luck just didn't go your way that time? Personally, this is no comparison. Nobody has been able to answer this simple question for me. Why should I simply increase my chances of winning a DMR battle, when I can know FOR SURE??

It's like trying to build a rocket together, but we can't even agree on the answer to 2+2. Futhermore, the artists are trying to tell the engineers to design it differently because it doesn't look pretty enough. The engineers coudn't care less if it's pretty; they just want the thing to fly successfully. The artists have no right to try to tell the engineers how to properly build a rocket.

This whole argument goes without saying in the competitive community. It's so well understood that nobody even has to say anything. They are so far removed from this discussion that they concentrate now on minor things like weapon placement. They would laugh at the very thought of someone suggesting bloom takes more skill. It's like when the engineers finally get to be alone and get back to determing the ship configuration, and not debating whether 2+2=4.

I realize that there is an MLG and TU ZB playlist, but it would be nice to have a 2v2. Also, I realize that Halo 4 is coming out soon, but it's still important since you don't want that same menality of eliminating the skill gap to go into the design of Halo 4. I don't want to give up and just say, screw it: let the artists design the second rocket. Surely it will go better the second time around...

that was a waste of a reply i already agree on zero bloom being better i was speaking for people that slightly like bloom.. and Sniping is all about camping lol stand in a spot for kills and move to another and just sit there stealing people's kills I'm very sure you play 1v1 but as of match making its just sniping for you.. 1v1 is like a duel it doesn't show skill only thing it shows is that you can hunt someone down faster than they can to you.. in a team its communication and moving around not staying in a few spots... Enough said

Although you bring very good points to the table i already agreed to 95% of the stuff you had said. Weapon placement has partially been revealed with guns and how they will be working already for halo4 ..

it tosses in a different feeling to the game, all though i dont really like it much on other games. But if it's just right and not crazy bloomy it is fine with me. you just have to learn how to adapt to it and work your shots in and time everything pretty good. learn to play, learn to win, learn to admit errors etc etc etc etc list can go on and on. but just play it and get used to it. although its never been in halo before and much as it is with reach, but still :/ it is there for the most part in halo games, just not visible via the cross-hair* its the bullet spread in the tags :) and yeah halo 1 net code is honestly really good* if any of the players maps settings were changed, the game would end in a draw. i liked it when playing online and people would try to cheat :) it would end the game instantly it noticed a difference. but for lag... halo 1 net code sucked... halo 2 netcode i think is pretty much the best and some improvements were made with halo 3 and that was pretty good to. so any who

dont hate just play :)

For the last time, arguing against bloom is pointless. Everyones perspective of what takes skill vs what you think takes skill is always going to be radically different...there is no real right or wrong way to determine skill. Skill is just that, and it comes in a wide variety of flavors and instances.

Also, please keep in mind that reach IS the VERY FIRST TIME we ever had an absolute "0" bloom denominator in effect. That being said, you cannot simply dismiss "bloom" lovers, since they were also people who played Halo 2 and Halo 3, and may have been awesome with the BR. All in all, you all have your own view and I cannot stand seeing you guys argue about it anymore. NOONE IS RIGHT OR WRONG HERE....IT'S ALL PERSPECTIVE AND INDIVIDUAL INSTANCES!!!

Bad Boy, you say bloom is less skilled because with ZB, you know for sure where your shots are going, and stray bullets means no room for aiming or firing error. Thats fine. For your playstyle and battle instances this is true to your perspective. As with the others, bloom adding an extra calculation to which your bullet may go, and you can judge, that is fine also. Your both right for your own style and lets just leave it at that. case closed.....hopefully?

• Like 3