343's TU of Reach. What is your opinion on it now?

Absolute Dog

Reach TU.  

15 members have voted

1. 1. What is your feeling about the TU?

• Positive, enough players voiced their opinion to warrant it.
    • Negative, there should have been a complete play list without it.
    • Negative, there has never been a TU like this for previous titles.
    • Negative, it sets a bad precedent for future titles.
    • Positive, it allows for players opinions to alter the original game play
    • Negative, because only small percentage of players who voice opinions in forums control the game for all.

Everyone has had a chance by now to play large number of games across a series of play lists and get accustomed to the TU, Title Update, 343 has implemented on Reach. Should they have left a complete play list for those who played and enjoyed the original version prior to it? What real harm would it have done to have both? Is it truly fair that only those who regularly engage in forums speak for all players? Do you feel these changes, like those in the past by Bungie, will encourage more players to become active in forums?

You can vote, offer your thoughts, remember any types of updates applied to previous titles and how they might manage Halo 4 if and when complaints begin to pile up.

I like the TU with ZB because that's basically the whole reason I didn't play Reach to begin with. I really didn't like bloom especially on a single shot weapon when you're a spartan super soldier. It didn't really make sense but now this update has me playing TU ZB Slayer just like I played any other Halo I like it

I am of mixed opinion. In some ways I think it is good that 343i have listened to community, however it is important to note that the majority of the Community are hardcore, die-hard Halo fans who have been here from the very beginning, and they cannot make up for the casual, or normal Reach players. Back to the TU, I think some of what they have done is good, some not. I don't like No sword block, for example.

• Like 2

It has definitely brought people back to the game (like myself) since its release. I proboably played halo reach for 2-3 months when it came out and put it down until about 2 weeks ago. I started playing it out of boredom and realized that there was a title update and slowly realized there was ZB games. This has made this game somewhat enjoyable.

• Like 1

I'm kind of mixed. It's made a lot of players happy and it shows that 343 are willing to listen to what players want, the voting method in Team Slayer was a great way of finding out without just looking at the forums and that's encouraging for future titles.

I am sort of disappointed that there isn't a matchmaking option for players wanting to play pre-TU gametypes, though. At the very least they could create a vanilla playlist offering Slayer and Objective games with pre-TU settings.

Overall, I suppose I'm pleased with the result. It fixed most of the major issues players had with the game and they really do seem to have made an effort to appease their entire fanbase, which can only be a good thing.

• Like 1

I'd like to point out that 343i doesn't just listen to the forums, they pay attention to what is and isn't being played as well. A for instance of this is the voting that's been going on in Team Slayer. They are taking votes on whether or not to make Team Slayer a TU playlist, and will decide this based on the votes for it.