sniper rifles good or bad ?

Hunterex12

Their good, So long as people don't try to betray you for them, Its big problem on Blood Gultch (I don't know how to spell the Halo:Reach version). Sometimes people abuse them though, like betraying you with them or shooting you with them while their on your team.

It's 'Hemmorhage', just for the future!

Betrayal abuse is ridiculous, especially on the aforementioned Hemmorhage. I had one guy betray me twice in order to get it, then missed every shot. The next time he started shooting me, I put one shot through his head - and immediately got booted. Although I suppose that's another story.

OT: I think the Sniper Rifle is a good idea, it's a key part of the FPS sandbox and the game would play completely differently without it. I dislike how powerful it is against vehicles in Reach, though. And I'd also like a steeper skill curve, along the lines of an idea I had months ago. But yeah, having them in the game is definitely a good thing!

The sniper is the type of weapon that, if you are good with it, you can absolutely dominate. Once you can pop off a headshot with minimal effort, you are going to be difficult to kill. So, snipers are good if you are good, bad if you suck and miss all the time.

• Like 1

The sniper is the type of weapon that, if you are good with it, you can absolutely dominate. Once you can pop off a headshot with minimal effort, you are going to be difficult to kill. So, snipers are good if you are good, bad if you suck and miss all the time.

That's why they make such great competitive weapons!

It's 'Hemmorhage', just for the future!

Betrayal abuse is ridiculous, especially on the aforementioned Hemmorhage. I had one guy betray me twice in order to get it, then missed every shot. The next time he started shooting me, I put one shot through his head - and immediately got booted. Although I suppose that's another story.

OT: I think the Sniper Rifle is a good idea, it's a key part of the FPS sandbox and the game would play completely differently without it. I dislike how powerful it is against vehicles in Reach, though. And I'd also like a steeper skill curve, along the lines of an idea I had months ago. But yeah, having them in the game is definitely a good thing!

Exactly, betrayals are ridiculous.

And also, I have a little funny story of my own where it was the other way around...

On the map Abridged I was going for the falcon, right? Then these 3 people who know each other and all were like, circling around the falcon waiting for me to get in.

Immediately after I get in, they all jet-pack into my propellers and it says I betrayed someone. Then, the two others start falling in purposely. Seconds later I realize it was a trap.

And they boot me from the game for fun. Since nobody saw me then, nobody knew of their trap. And one by one, people started getting booted until there was no one left. Finally, those three quit the game.

Exactly, betrayals are ridiculous.

And also, I have a little funny story of my own where it was the other way around...

On the map Abridged I was going for the falcon, right? Then these 3 people who know each other and all were like, circling around the falcon waiting for me to get in.

Immediately after I get in, they all jet-pack into my propellers and it says I betrayed someone. Then, the two others start falling in purposely. Seconds later I realize it was a trap.

And they boot me from the game for fun. Since nobody saw me then, nobody knew of their trap. And one by one, people started getting booted until there was no one left. Finally, those three quit the game.

Ah man, that's awful. I wish players could use creativity like that to fight the enemy once in a while, you hardly ever see really imaginative play used against anyone but someone's own team!