Thanks 343 for nothing.

Decree117

all the people that complain about the AA's just suck at using them

This... or fighting against them.

Much like in Halo 3, if someone is running towards you with a shotgun, isn't it usually a good idea to start running backwards instead of straight towards them? So why do people think that there isn't some kind of strategy regarding killing people using armor effects? People that armor lock, for example, are immobile... so back up a bit so that when they get out of armor lock, you can just pop them in the head.

For Hologram... shoot the hologram once, if it doesn't bleed, go for the player instead.

For Jet Pack... back up and shoot up. Don't run forward to a point where you can't see him. OR just get to some cover so he can't see you.

For sprint... use a shotgun or something that can hurt him as he runs towards you.

For Evade... learn to aim better.

For bubble shield... run inside and throw a sticky grenade.

For cloak... get out of the area and wait for them to decloak and/or wait for their cloak to run out.

Really, people complain about armor abilities because things are overpowered... why not just develop strategies around them?

Laziness at it's finest, I suppose. People can't be arsed to learn a new strategy, so they demand that the 'problem' be removed entirely.

Old Skool you know.

If you want old school, they may as well implement a game where all we do is throw rocks at each other.

In any case, maybe there ought to be a revise on the current play lists? I mean... there's already the playlist where people can play classic Halo style games without armor abilities... so what if they made something like that for games like Team Slayer or Team Objective? Would that make things better?

Swat, for example, doesn't have armor abilities to my knowledge... other than maybe sprint. I don't play it that much to really know off the top of my head, but I know there are games that absolutely count out armor abilities. So why complain about armor abilities when you can play the game types that are, you know, built to not have them? Seriously.

If you want old school, they may as well implement a game where all we do is throw rocks at each other.

That's what I want >_>, no just keep the same system, just add more things but don't change the whole game. AA's already were a big change.

Armor abilities would not make sense story wise seeing as they were not in halo 1,2,3 or ODST, but they could implement an AA ability type thing, because it has been mentioned the new planet mc is arriving at has new technology in it, such as warthogs equipped with hover enablers(dunno what they are called) So they could but in an AA system, but i think it will be different from reach. But if master chief sprints.......

Armor abilities would not make sense story wise seeing as they were not in halo 1,2,3 or ODST, but they could implement an AA ability type thing, because it has been mentioned the new planet mc is arriving at has new technology in it, such as warthogs equipped with hover enablers(dunno what they are called) So they could but in an AA system, but i think it will be different from reach. But if master chief sprints.......

Agreed (:

I've often considered how the armor abilities wouldn't make sense lore-wise for the game... but here's what I ultimately concluded:

As the gaming community gets more and more advanced, new concepts are going to be tried.

While Reach may have been a game based on what happened prior to the first Halo game... they didn't have the graphics engine and abilities that they have now with Halo CE... so of course new things are going to be tried out despite how it might go along with the story.

please do not come on the site complaining. if you have ideas then by all means post them. 343 is trying as hard as they can and is trying to listen to all the ideas. armour abilitys are most likley going to be in the game because it would be strange puting it in a new game but taking out of the other, but i am not sure. please only make suggestions and do not complain because they have to make a game that hundreds of thousands of people will love and not just you.

I agree. and the Person who posted this thread, i played Since halo Ce. I love halo now and then, games change. Get over it.(guy I'm replying to this isn't meant towards you I'm just agreeing with what you have said).

the only thing different between the original Combat Evolved and Anniversary are the graphics and online multiplayer. Anniversary's campaign will be so impeccably similar to the original that you can actually switch to the original version in game and what you are doing will be no different. Cutscreens, voice overs, soundtrack -- all the same.

What I ment was a CE online, not reach!

• 10 months later...

Really? Another thread complaining. Can we please just wait until the game comes out. Also, there's still no yellow.

Not only another thread complaining, but another thread brought up from the dead of August 2011. Seriously guys, if you have something this important to contribute to a thread as dead as this one, then make your point. Don't bring it back just to say "Vote for (insert whatever you want here)".

Not only another thread complaining, but another thread brought up from the dead of August 2011. Seriously guys, if you have something this important to contribute to a thread as dead as this one, then make your point. Don't bring it back just to say "Vote for (insert whatever you want here)".

Indeed so, I did not see the date. But seriously guys, why can't we just leave these threads be? Can we not just wait until the game comes out? Only then can you deliver the verdict. At this point in time, nobody cares about your complaining spree. We have more important matters to attend to, rather than commenting on some whiners' post.

CE was near perfection.

2 was wobbly but amazing.

3 was legendary.

Reach... well let's talk about a personal experience real quick.

Me vs. 3 other kids on Powerhouse. Bring down shields of first, Armor locks and avoids final headshot. Does same to 2nd running at me, armor locks to avoid last headshot again. 3rd kid armor locks and avoids dying from my grenade blast. 1st and 2nd come out of armor lock. I kill the 1st, 2nd kills me.

Eh I'd say subpar at best.

But you gotta give Halo 4 a chance. I think it'll be good.