battle rifle or DMR which is better?

gruntslayer

gruntslayer here again wanting to know:

what is better the battle rifle or the DMR, now when i was thinking about this one i thought long and hard which is better.I really like the battle rifle because of its semi-auto fire of three rounds and its scope, but the DMR is just a cool but single fire instead of three. Now lets talk about them first the BR three fire semi-auto scope and the power was pretty good( good agaisnt flood in halo3). The DMR single fire, nice scope and great power (great against elites on halo reach) and they both have a good size mag now i know they are in different games and have different powers in them but tell me what is better and why.

you read it now you cant unread and you never will be able to, this is gruntslayer saying thanx for reading and look for more of my topics

gruntslayer out....

DMR without a doubt. As the achievement describes it, it is an elegant weapon. Its damage is very predictable, you get exact control over your shots, and it can pwn enemies at close, medium, and long range.

Perfect Weapon for Halo 4: The DMR with an option to switch to 3rnd burst mode.

I'd definitely like to see the d pad used more. But which requires more skill, I prefer the DMR but honestly I don't know which is harder to use. BR doesn't have the range and is less accurate but at mid range I can see anybody getting a hit in somewhere, and the DMR is a pretty good rifle. Any heavy hitters want to weigh in with some facts and or data?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------edit

i wish i knew what this meant

Edited by highplainsdrifter

Depends on the bloom of the DMR. If its 100% the BR is better and will kill faster at most ranges. But if its 0% the DMR will wreck the BR in any engagement.

Personally I'd like the BR back with its firerate limiter. It felt more like I was having a battle of skills than a battle with my bloom >.>

Personnally, I have never used the BR before. But I really would say DMR without a doubt. It's just the power of the single shot. Its MUCH more accurate than the BR, and can be used at almost any range. As long as do incorperate the 3RB, I think the DMR will be THE weapon of H4. Seriously.

I would like to see an automatic weapon that has an effective range of over 15 feet...

I agree with you.

On topic, the BR was my favorite for many years. Shortly after the Reach Beta, I fell in love with the DMR. When the full game was released, I hated the DMR and just wanted my BR back, and obviously never got it back. I cope with this while playing Halo 3. Reach messes up my H3 skill in every way though.

The only reason the BR felt so amazing was the fact that back in the day Halo attributed more damage when a shot hit the head, in reach however, the damage is the same all around as long as you have shield. If the DMR were to be used with Halo 3 damage system it would be the ultimate weapon!