Should you be able to fly a pelican in halo 4

spartan-416

43 members have voted

1. 1. Should you be able to fly a pelican in halo 4?

• Yes
    • No

I'm not sure it would balance in multiplayer: if it was destroyed you could potentially wipe out an entire 8-person team, which is just too catastrophic to be fair. To prevent that happening it'd have to have either huge armour or lots of health, which would make it overpowered, especially if it had its own gun: if it only had the turret at the back, that wouldn't give it enough offensive power.

That said, I don't see why that should prevent it from being in Campaign or as a forge item. Custom maps and gametypes aren't always built around the idea of balanced gameplay, after all, and I'm sure there could be lots done with it. But as something that could be used in matchmaking? No, it just wouldn't work.

it would be fun I admit, but what is the point? This isn't battlefield here, we don't have that many people or any sane use for travel that fast. And if it was in campaing people would want it in multiplayer next and with maximum 16 person matches, there really is no point.

in summation: I would like one so long as it has a purpose.

• 8 months later...

I would be thrilled to get to use a Pelican in Campaign and Custom Games. The sneak peak feel we got during the Halo: Reach mission, New Alexandria, was good... but not enough. If we could actually use a pelican, with all his fighting glory, either in Campaign (preferable) or Custom Games (pretty sweet) then I would be extremely happy!

stop crying about not driving a pelican, its too big end of story, dont even say the elephant because that moved like 5 mph, plus it would be op, and useless in matchmaking, think people, dont just wish for these things because its like asking for a unicorn for christmas

Too bad it was just confirmed over the weekend to be pilotable in Halo 4. It will have a turret on either side and will carry people not in the gunner seat...looks to be in campaign for now. 343i has not stated if it is in MM yet. It could work on BTB maps but that would about it.

Too bad it was just confirmed over the weekend to be pilotable in Halo 4. It will have a turret on either side and will carry people not in the gunner seat...looks to be in campaign for now. 343i has not stated if it is in MM yet. It could work on BTB maps but that would about it.

yeah, campaign, cool i got to shoot a mac cannon in reach, but for actual MM its NEVER GOING to HAPPEN!!!

I'd be very surprised if it were in Matchmaking. Can't imagine what it'd be used for though. 343 said there were two new vehicles in Matchmaking, and those are (most likely, unless they were lying about the amount) the Mantis and the Mammoth. (If the Mammoth is indeed in Matchmaking, which I hope it will be x_x)

I'd be very surprised if it were in Matchmaking. Can't imagine what it'd be used for though. 343 said there were two new vehicles in Matchmaking, and those are (most likely, unless they were lying about the amount) the Mantis and the Mammoth. (If the Mammoth is indeed in Matchmaking, which I hope it will be x_x)

i hope its a good vehicle, i also hope they brought back a good amount of the vehicles from the prevous halo's, (Copper, Hornet, Maybe Elephant, spectre, revenant, etc.)