Anonymous: SOPA Bill Passed. We are Displeased.

Bubonic Blood

This post is no rumor, Absolute. Though the bill hasn't technically been passed, that's because they delayed it. Please, try to be more specific. - Bubonic Blood

This post is an unsubstantiated rumor. I have linked numerous sources that show the bill is still being discussed.

-Absolute Dog-

People! The US Gov has passed a bill that will stop piracy.....and even stop things such as music on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJeu78MMwjc&feature=youtu.be

Read my post below. As of 1 hour ago a post on Gameranx.com clearly indicates there has been no vote as of yet. I am still researching for more info. If this video proves to be a lie it will be removed and future links and placements of this "Anonymous" entity will be blocked until they can be verified. If the OP alters my addition to this post it will be blocked! - Absolute Dog

Once again here, posted 40 minutes ago by Fox News, is a story discussing the ongoing debate. Had there been any vote it would have been covered by now. This claim, made by the OP based on an unsubstantiated source, appears false!

Edited by Bubonic Blood
I have found information that the statement in this video is false.

I have done a quick search of the web and have seen no actual voting results. There was, as 9:45 pm last night, this post from Wired.com. There is no other current information on the web that I can find as of this post that indicates a vote was taken. Post any LEGITIMATE source that you have as they become available. Thank you.

This is from Politico as of 4:30 pm yesterday.

This is from CBS News Tech as of 8:30 pm last night.

This is from Gameranx as of 1 hour ago.

The following link is given to Congressman Lamar Smith site. He is from the 21st DIstrict of Texas and note the "Managers Amendment" near the bottom of the page. I attempted a link to the managers amendment and it would not work! You will have to select it for yourself. I also attempted a copy and paste

which also failed. So I have taken screen shots of the H.R. 3261 Managers Amendment Summary.

Edited by Absolute Dog
This is being updated as I find new information.

This is a statement made by Fox News a few hours ago:

SOPA was proposed to help end online copyright infringement, an issue the Motion Picture Association of America and the recording industry have long complained about. The House on Friday continued to debate the bill, which would require service providers to take action against "foreign infringing websites" that post stolen content. Cerf argued that it would put harsh demands on most websites -- and could lead to massive Internet censorship.

That is not how Anonymous makes videos... I'm calling shenanigans. Also AD please... don't ever link to Fox News again...

P.S. If this bill does get passed then I will have lost faith in our current congress and will think about moving somewhere in Europe. This bill is so stupid...

Actually this bill can and will effect a wide majority of all NATO related nations. Given past history, when one country follows a path regarding piracy or stopping it in some way, it isn't long before the rest fall into plaece like dominos. Sad...even our great homeland of Germany, Mayhem.....will eventually follow the same path as well.

And Caboose, what is wrong with Fox news? It's currently one of the only last standing news channels that actually serves it's political news with any truth to it. How many times has the government now tried to stranglehold the station and prevent them from reporting?

Actually this bill can and will effect a wide majority of all NATO related nations. Given past history, when one country follows a path regarding piracy or stopping it in some way, it isn't long before the rest fall into plaece like dominos. Sad...even our great homeland of Germany, Mayhem.....will eventually follow the same path as well.

And Caboose, what is wrong with Fox news? It's currently one of the only last standing news channels that actually serves it's political news with any truth to it. How many times has the government now tried to stranglehold the station and prevent them from reporting?

Sadness. :(

I no like this bill.