dual SMG's in or out for halo 4

zero x59

smg's for every one !!!!  

16 members have voted

1. 1. do you want dual SMG's for halo 4 (please state reasons)

• yes i do
    • no i dont

I would love to see the SMG back for Halo 4. Even if 343 stays with the "no dual wielding", it could be the short range bullet hose it always has been. They could do it like the spiker from Reach and just adjust the damage so it can compete with the rest of the single wielded guns. There could be less damage per bullet than the AR and have a shorter range, but a higher rate of fire and its larger 60 bullet clip.

In general duel wield is a good concept. But it needs to be highly inaccurate if it is put in halo 4, in reality, duel wielding weapons means you cant hit anything let alone what you're aiming at. Again, i like the concept but in order to stay congruent with the changing style of halo it needs to be made more inaccurate.

Im all for dual wielding to make a comeback. The halo 2 Smg and plasma rifle combo was BEAST. I still grab smg and pistol combo in halo 3, it's the only dual wielding combo that can compete with the BR Imo. Dual wielding is kinda part of halo to me. I played countless hours of h2 and h3, so I hope to see it in H4 for sure.

Ps: I want the BR back more!!!!! lol

There's no reason either single or dual SMGs can't be balanced to work alongside an Assault Rifle in Halo 4.

If bloom is in Halo 4:

If dual-wield isn't in (or it is and you're just single-wielding anyway) the SMG should bloom moderately bigger and faster than the Assault Rifle.

If dual-wield is in and you're doing so (either with two SMGs or the SMG and another weapon) the SMGs should start with bigger bloom and bloom significantly bigger and faster than the Assault Rifle.

If bloom isn't in Halo 4:

Recoil should make a return (i.e. the crosshair starts to lift higher and higher the longer you keep firing, like in Halo 2 and 3). If you single-wield it this shouldn't be too powerful, if you dual-wield it with another weapon it should be quite strong, if you dual-wield SMGs it should be very strong - but hey, if you're using it at close range then with that many bullets it shouldn't matter!